GDT: Bruins Break Up Day

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I get paid to do what I do and they get paid to do what they do. Plus I don't see anything major in there. You don't think any of the final four are going to have similar injuries? Jeez.

Exactly, frankly I was expecting more important injuries . Hal Gil was on TSN690 today and he said it makes him laugh every time when players start listing their injuries. He says every player who goes through the PO's is dealing with something , no different for any other team as per him. I guess he would know better than me.https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/gill-subban-underrated-on-defense-1.1080873

Last edited:
Reactions: LouJersey

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The refs sucked and likely Bruins win game 4

Not getting a near week off to reset by beating Toronto in 5 cost them something- how much who knows

But that’s what the playoffs are all about

I’m still going

2019 they are in Conference Finals

2020 the win the Cup
4-3 over Seattle

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro

Not getting a near week off to reset by beating Toronto in 5 cost them something- how much who knows

I’m still going

2020 the win the Cup

What's the 2020 D look like? And is Krejci still on the team?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
4-3 over Seattle
Ha ha

I could not survive the 7th game day leading up to the game

I still think the wait June 15 2011 from 6 am when I woke up till it started May be as toughest/longest 14 hour as I ever endured

Of course Seattle will be led by 43 goal scorer Sean Kuraly

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's the 2020 D look like? And is Krejci still on the team?
Lindell - McAvoy
Krug- Carlo
Grzelcyk- Miller

Krejci will be on the team but Studnicka close and JFK & Frederic will move up a rung

Deal with Dallas reunites Heinen with former coach Jim Montgomery for Esa Lindell

Marchand- Bergeron- Pasta
DeBrusk- Krejci- Bjork
Donato-JFK - Senyshyn
Fitzgerald- Frederic-Backes
Kuraly

Reactions: sleepyh

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
To the many of you who so willingly have Fitzgerald in your lineups- I hope he's a lot better than his dad was. What a snooze he was.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I’m still going

2020 the win the Cup

I say they win game 2 if Marchand is given a penalty shot or PP, and they don’t screw up with the Pasta high stick.

Should have been 3-2 coming back to Boston.

No doubt in my mind the refs cost them 2 legit wins.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
From Fluto
Rookie Jake DeBrusk also suffered an AC joint sprain in his right shoulder during Game 1 against the Maple Leafs. It improved as that series progressed, but it got worse during Game 1 against the Lightning. In Game 3, he was hit into the boards and his arm never recovered.
“It was tough,” he said. “It was tough to understand that you have to play through that. It’s not that you don’t want to because you don’t want to hurt the team, but it’s the playoffs and it’s part of it. It was something I wanted to learn to go through. At the moment it’s, ‘Game on’ and that’s why I have respect for those guys (who play through injuries) because it’s not easy. It’s not easy to produce. It’s not easy to play your game because there’s the physical aspect and the mental aspect.
“When something’s not feeling that great, you don’t want to go to certain areas as much as you would normally, but it’s the playoffs. It’s the second round, so you know you have to push. I learned a lot about myself this postseason.”

What a freaking gem this kid is

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I agree, provided the money and term work.

The biggest problem with him is that people still want him to be the 30+ goal scorer he was in his 20's.

If people could accept (and the team was good enough) that his role is a 20 goal scorer, who kills penalties and is an above average defensively 3rd liner, there wouldn't be too much complaining.
I’d like him in a 3rd line/pp role. And be paid accordingly.

Like you said though, I just think some team will pay him like a 30 goal guy instead of what he is now

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Refs sucked but the only game the Bruins deserved to win was game 1. End of story.

They were up a goal with 7 minutes left when the refs handed TB a goal on a play that should have been a penalty on them.

They absolutely deserved that win.

Reactions: BMC and BBruins

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
They were up a goal with 7 minutes left when the refs handed TB a goal on a play that should have been a penalty on them.

They absolutely deserved that win.

That and game 2 when Marchand gets slashed on a break away. Now they didn't deserve to win that game but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have had that been called properly.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
That and game 2 when Marchand gets slashed on a break away. Now they didn't deserve to win that game but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have had that been called properly.

Exactly.

TB won game 4 and didn’t deserve it.

That’s sports!

There is no such thing as deserving a win. There’s just winning and losing.

If you end up ahead at the end of the game you won.

TB won 4-1.

Whether or not they deserved it doesn’t matter.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Refs sucked but the only game the Bruins deserved to win was game 1. End of story.

Respectfully disagree. They absolutely deserved to win game 4 too after playing a very good second and third period in that game. That none call on McAvoy was surely the back bracker. Something that sucks the morale out of your head. Love that he called the refs out. He is my favourite player but I don't like Bergys reaction on the topic. Never expected him to blame the series loss on them because Tampa was the better team but at least send a message that refs could have been better. Otherwise you can not expect them to get their shit together in the future if they aren't held responsible.

Last edited:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Bruins got screwed in game 4 but Tampa to me was the better team but a good margin

The eyeball test that was a 4-1 or 4-2 series for Tampa

Bruins got also screwed in game 2.
Just imagine what would have been possible if the refs didn't rob those 4 minutes.
Or if they didn't take the opportunity to score 2 goals in 5 seconds to tie the game late in the third.
Of course we don't know if Marchand had scored, but I'm pretty sure it would have been a back-breaker early in the series.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i think cassidy and sweeney have their end of season presser today. should be interesting. butch is always
pretty honest about things, so should be able to glean some info about next year.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
While I agree it was a penalty, I hate that the Bruins need calls/PPs to win playoff games because they are not built/willing to get as physical as the playoffs demand. Makes them sound like the Habs...

That non call not only took away a desreved Bruins a PP with just 7 minutes left in the 3rd period, it gave Stamkos a gift goal and a tie game.......and also demoralized the Bruins.

The refs had it in for the B's, and that was the biggest and costliest non call of the playoffs.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Exactly, frankly I was expecting more important injuries . Hal Gil was on TSN690 today and he said it makes him laugh every time when players start listing their injuries. He says every player who goes through the PO's is dealing with something , no different for any other team as per him. I guess he would know better than me.https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/gill-subban-underrated-on-defense-1.1080873

No doubt every team has injuries, there are bumps and bruises that I suspect most, if not all players are playing through this time of year and then there are injuries that a player tries to play through but severely hampers their ability to be able to maintain whatever their level of play was if healthy.

Yep, I understand, sounds like I`m making an excuse, I`m not, thought the B`s were outplayed, depth scoring completely dried up but I can`t imagine trying to compete with a team like the Bolts with groin/shoulder injuries, some potentially requiring off season surgery, Acciari playing with a sport hernia virtually all season long, these things test the depth of a team, and the B`s couldn`t keep up

100% healthy, B`s vs the Bolts, I see no reason why the B`s couldn`t take the series but that isn`t the reality of playoff hockey.

Reactions: JOKER 192

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
After a few days away, I am no closer to hating the NHL less. I am thinking of retiring from all things NHL.

They were the better team, no doubt, but it's impossible to beat both them AND the refs.

I am pretty sure I will be over it by September, but I want to hear that shit is going to change for the better.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
After a few days away, I am no closer to hating the NHL less. I am thinking of retiring from all things NHL.

They were the better team, no doubt, but it's impossible to beat both them AND the refs.

I am pretty sure I will be over it by September, but I want to hear that **** is going to change for the better.

This may sound stupid, but I am trying as hard as I can to "divorce" sports. I want to be able to still watch, but not have a super emotional attachment. Vikings are setting me up again, Bruins are headed in right direction and the Mets will probably suck until new owners. I hate the way losing makes me feel. I have zero control over it. Now, we need to worry about absolutely incompetent officiating, at levels never before seen, and I say this both ways. Toronto game 5 was the worst officiated game I have ever seen and we were on the good end. I am blessed beyond compare, and the only negative in my life is my reactions to my sports teams....well and fantasy football haha.

Reactions: Kaoz, hoss75 and TP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad