Confirmed with Link: Bruins 2015 & 2016 2nd Round Picks to the Lightning for Brett Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Could be a good deal, especially if he shows some pop before the end of the season, make the decision next year if they need to move Eriksson, Lucic, or package of picks a major winger upgrade or not.

Or do they roll Eriksson or Seidenberg now for an upgrade on D and wait for Krejci to return? Who knows, with Spooner looking good, maybe it's Soderberg to another contender for a 1st?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Gonna wait and see how he plays as a Bruin.But my early take is the fact he is a cheap cap hit helps and not a UFA at seasons end.But only 18 goals on a team all offence in over 100 games tells me this is a hope he pans out in different uniform move.Fingers crossed.Bruins still need bigtime help on backend.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Smith - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Ferlin

Folks, we're almost ready to fly there.

That's a good forward group.

Time to get a top 4 defenseman, which might require trading a forward.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Good move. It's a solution that doesn't eat a lot of cap so they can go after a more expensive D-man.

Have to think a roster forward is on the way out now though as there's a bit of a logjam. One would hope it's Campbell or Paille, maybe the Oilers would be interested in some veteran leadership that they can negotiate with prior to July 1st if they're moving Petry?

Smith, Eriksson or Söderberg would perhaps make more sense if the D target is more than a rental.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Two 2nd round picks for Connolly? Pretty pricey.
Would you trade Connolly for Boychuk?
Just shows that Chia made a mistake with Boychuk. He could have waited until the deadline and got 1st and 2nd round picks easily for Boychuk.

Now Chia needs to dish off some UFA's for picks.

Please get rid of Paille, Campbell and Caron.

Hopefully Seids gets moved for a big return.

Time for Chia to take another GM to the back of the woodshed.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Have to say I like this trade, any time you can add size, speed, hitting and scoring potential in one player, that's a definite positive.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Two 2nd round picks for Connolly? Pretty pricey.
Would you trade Connolly for Boychuk?
Just shows that Chia made a mistake with Boychuk. He could have waited until the deadline and got 1st and 2nd round picks easily for Boychuk.

Now Chia needs to dish off some UFA's for picks.

Please get rid of Paille, Campbell and Caron.

Hopefully Seids gets moved for a big return.

Time for Chia to take another GM to the back of the woodshed.

Why would he trade Boychuk at the deadline when he needs him.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
The kid must've gone 6th for a reason. Perhaps this trade will shake him up and bring the best of out him, like with Seguin

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't hate it. I'd rather give a cheap young guy a chance than a guy like Cole or Ryder that's for sure. Time will tell but it's not something I can get mad at chiarelli for so he's trying at least. I just hope there is another add today. Holy overpayment for coburn! What?!

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Probably overly optimistic but I like the deal. Sellers market, but I like it.....much better than I thought we'd do.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
PC deserves some credit here

He’s under immense pressure and still manages to make a deal that addresses both the short term and the long term. He gets the size and physicality he was hoping to get with the bonus of decent speed. He gets a right shot who can already pop a few and is young enough to have plenty of upside potential to become a perennial 30 goal scorer. All that and a cap hit of 850 k, not too shabby at all. The prices are high for mere rentals this year so I find two seconds to be a fair return for a player of this calibre that you will retain the rights to after this season.

Good job PC now go get us a D-man and if possible make a deal concerning SODERBERG so we don’t lose him for nothing after the season. SPOONER is ready, SODERBERG is expendable now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Wow. I'm surprised people are down on this one.

Big guy. Natural RW with big offensive upside. Small cap hit leaves room for more to be done.

Big price perhaps, but makes a lot of sense to me.

Are you truly surprised?

I like you, like this move. Sure it is a steep price but there is upside plus he's a RFA. At least it is also our natural picks so the Isles picks are still available.

He's going to learn a lot from our current forwards as well. He may play with Bergy and who better to learn from than him?

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
I like this move, it is like obtaining a player they were not able to draft and develop themselves. Which is one of the keys of having Space.

Pub Scout

Jun 14, 2007
The Shire
Panic set in at first. I thought he traded for Tim Connolly.

This move is doesn't make you wanna get the duck boats ready, but is the type of re-tooling move that is needed.
I'm not too upset about the two second rounders since they can't draft to save their lives.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Before I read what my fellow fans think, I like to look at what their fans think.

They are not loving it, so this looks like a good deal.

Now do more!

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
The kid must've gone 6th for a reason. Perhaps this trade will shake him up and bring the best of out him, like with Seguin

There's also a reason why kucherov,Johnson and palat have all played and produced more.The 2nd probably would have gone to waste anyways since they draft poorly but it's still a lot for a guy whose mosty played on the fourth line and really hasn't produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad