Confirmed with Link: Bruins 2015 & 2016 2nd Round Picks to the Lightning for Brett Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
Connolly will blossom in boston. He will play on one of our top lines. Will play on one of our powerplay units.
I am very hopeful and he plays well against the habs. Exposes their defence with his speed and shot.
Good acquisition. Talbot will be our Weise of last year. Added grit we needed since the past years. A grittier and better talented Paille in him.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Connolly will blossom in boston. He will play on one of our top lines. Will play on one of our powerplay units.
I am very hopeful and he plays well against the habs. Exposes their defence with his speed and shot.
Good acquisition. Talbot will be our Weise of last year. Added grit we needed since the past years. A grittier and better talented Paille in him.

I don't think these estimations are accurate. I've read all over the place he's not a very fast skater. Who is he going to replace from the two PP units? Eriksson? That's where he's actually been effective. I'm not sure that Claude will give him a top 6 role. He'd be replacing one of Smith and Pastrnak, both of whom he seems content to leave where they are for the time being.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I don't think these estimations are accurate. I've read all over the place he's not a very fast skater. Who is he going to replace from the two PP units? Eriksson? That's where he's actually been effective. I'm not sure that Claude will give him a top 6 role. He'd be replacing one of Smith and Pastrnak, both of whom he seems content to leave where they are for the time being.

He actually kind of fits that Horton/Iggy shoot first RW mold. Claude might make him earn his way up there, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him with Krejci/Looch eventually.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
He's #14.

Today's practice lines:

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Paille-Soderberg-Eriksson
Kelly-Campbell-Ferlin-Connolly

Does this deserves a :shakehead?

Talbot to arrive tonight.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
He's #14.

Today's practice lines:

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak

The bright side is he didn't put Kelly between Lucic and Pasta and have Campbell as #4C, but not sure what the plan will be until #46 gets back.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He's #14.

Today's practice lines:

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak

Initially, that's my reaction, but he needs to show what he's got first

I'm sure they'll test him a few different spots, you also have to take into consideration krejci is not back yet

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
He's #14.

Today's practice lines:

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak

If your not a legit top 3 guy I doubt any team is going to slide you right into the top two lines as soon as they acquire you. I expect Connolly to get extremely sheltered minutes his first few games.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If your not a legit top 3 guy I doubt any team is going to slide you right into the top two lines as soon as they acquire you. I expect Connolly to get extremely sheltered minutes his first few games.

Initially, that's my reaction, but he needs to show what he's got first

I'm sure they'll test him a few different spots, you also have to take into consideration krejci is not back yet

He's #14.

Today's practice lines:

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak

It was his first day with the team. I bet he's up with Marchy and Bergy tomorrow especially with Talbot coming in tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->