TSN: Brown to EDM for 4th rounder in 2014

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I can't believe no one posted this brownbeaut moment:

If you pause it right at 53/54 secs, at the end when he shows Komi his finger, you see it's a displaced fracture, that must've hurt like a mother. That's from the 1st block. Then he goes on to try and block another. If Mike Brown was measured in Heart, he'd be 7 feet tall.

Good for EDM to get a guy that will give it his all and never back down. He's gotten better at fighting since he got here. Remember when he got here, he had balance issues. He's always been able to chuck 'em freely and take 'em like Rocky, but he'd get pushed around. I don't notice it so much anymore. He now stands toe-to-toe and dishes his fast punches well. Broke an orbital bone on McGinn recently.

Loved this guy while he was here living the dream, my 4y/o boy will be especially upset, as Brown was his favorite. He quivered a little when I told him Schenn got traded, but was happy when I told him he got to play with his brother now. :( :)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Point is when Lupul comes back, there will be a roster move as there was for Brown. It isn't complicated unless you actually think Grabo or Ron Wilson were and are good for this organization.

Kule, Kadri, Franson and Bozak all need to be re-signed this off season, and no one here can justify a 5.5 shutdown C just like Brown's situation. No room for 3 enforcers. Not rocket science.

SteveV*

Ya when Lupul comes back we will have to many center men. Now that's rocket science! Hilarious. Btw love that Gally with Montreal!

leafspring*

Point is when Lupul comes back, there will be a roster move as there was for Brown. It isn't complicated unless you actually think Grabo or Ron Wilson were and are good for this organization.

Kule, Kadri, Franson and Bozak all need to be re-signed this off season, and no one here can justify a 5.5 shutdown C just like Brown's situation. No room for 3 enforcers. Not rocket science.

I wouldn't write grabo off as a checking center just yet.He has been asked to play some solid defensive minutes by Carlyle,and is still adjusting to it.Carlyle has a strict system that they have all bought in to. They all haven't adjusted fully to it yet though.

I think Grabo will be producing more in the stretch drive,but i don't think as you do also that he is a core player.

JMcLeaf

He was may favourite of the 4th line tough guys. Would have preferred 1 of McLaren or Orr but don't really care.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I wouldn't write grabo off as a checking center just yet.He has been asked to play some solid defensive minutes by Carlyle,and is still adjusting to it.Carlyle has a strict system that they have all bought in to. They all haven't adjusted fully to it yet though.

I think Grabo will be producing more in the stretch drive,but i don't think as you do also that he is a core player.

He's not producing anything right now..

Not an ideal third line checking center, and definitely not producing points.

Therefore he sucks, is overpaid, and should be traded off the team immediately to anyone that will take him off our hands.

I will be happy if we can get a 3rd rounder for Grabovski.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I know but he is not that valuable. He gives good defensive minutes to i know that. Still though Greg Scott would be a improvement over him.

Was just pointing out that you don't just keep a guy over another just because of face-off ability.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site

Kulemin has another year on his contract. He will be unrestricted next season, 2013-2014.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I will be happy if we can get a 3rd rounder for Grabovski.[/QUOTE]

Grabo is what he is, a very inconsistent 2nd line centre who at the end of the day gets you 20/25-45/55 points a season. I don't think he "sucks", he has a role on this team but he's just not a core guy, nor should be being paid $5.5M a season for the next 4 years either. I think IF Kadri can keep up his play and improve his faceoffs then it makes a guy like Grabo trade bait at the draft. I could easily see Grabo and a mid ranged prospect getting us into the top 15 of the 2013 draft, but the question is does Nonis pull the trigger?

leafspring*

Therefore he sucks, is overpaid, and should be traded off the team immediately to anyone that will take him off our hands.

Your a sick puppy. change your food,and don't rechew yer furballs.:laugh:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Ya when Lupul comes back we will have to many center men. Now that's rocket science! Hilarious. Btw love that Gally with Montreal!

Grabo's roster spot has nothing to do with Lupul, they play different positions, and are important pieces of this team in their own rights.

This thread is about to take a dive.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I think we are now in a position where we are having prospects pushing for jobs. Kadri is a perfect example of making some vets expendable. Competition for jobs. This team was a bad team for many years, the Brown trade is just one example we are starting to weed out weak links on the team. More will be coming when Lupul comes back.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
My view on this trade:
Saheb S. ‏@LeafRocket
Mike brown, aka #Brownbeaut has been traded to the oilers for a 2014 fourth round pick. #leafs #TMLTalk #NHL #Oilers. He's unfortunately the man that had to go due the emergence of Frazer and still coming up Leo super pest. A true competitor who will give a 110% every night on every single shift. A fearless fight that'll dance with a Goliath if need be. His only flaw was he was getting injured in the worst way possible. Hopefully he'll be much more conditioned in the oilers team.
He'll be missed in the leafs for his competitiveness, awesome handlebars and energy #Leafs #TMLTalk

Seriously gonna miss this guy. Hope for the oilers to make the playoffs so we can get the third rounder instead.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

- You do realize Lupul and Grabo's jobs arent connected right?:laugh: Grabo is the 2nd line centre, Lupul is a 1st line winger, it doesn't effect Grabo when Lupul returns. IMO Grabo's biggest threat right now is Kadri, who in sheltered minutes is outshining him, that's the guy Grabo needs to look out for.

NaiveLeafsFan

Aug 29, 2010
Ajax, UofT

You're a breath of fresh air from the usual Leaf fan knee-jerking reactionists. :laugh:

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS: I think Grabo is doing a fantastic job as a shutdown line. It sucks that he has to play that way, considering we brought in McClement do that for us. On the bright side it has given us a good look at Kadri's skill this year. I think those three centre's are fine for what they are doing.

Grabovski's line going up against first lines in my opinion is fine. They've been decent defensively, the points aren't there but neither are their normal O-zone faceoffs. The one centre we really need to be upgrading is clearly Bozak (broken record syndrome kicking in here). Seriously, that line has been god awful the past couple games. We can't have Bozak going up against 2nd line forwards and first pairing dmen and getting eaten up. Not to mention he's a god awful possession player. In a perfect world Kadri could slide into the 1st line with Kessel and JVR but it's wayyyyyyy to early for that. Bozak would be fine on the third line, but he's not going to want to be paid like a third liner come the summer.

I think he get's shipped out by the deadline, or he gets a cheap extension. Otherwise, let him go.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

- You do realize Lupul and Grabo's jobs arent connected right?:laugh: Grabo is the 2nd line centre, Lupul is a 1st line winger, it doesn't effect Grabo when Lupul returns. IMO Grabo's biggest threat right now is Kadri, who in sheltered minutes is outshining him, that's the guy Grabo needs to look out for.

Sarcasm, friend, sarcasm. :sarcasm:

SteveV*

Exactly bro!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad