TSN: Brown to EDM for 4th rounder in 2014

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I totally agree. Some of the stuff he does makes me feel embarassed as a fan of the team. Really sleazy, cheap shot type of guy.

I found it funny when Burkie announced that he was proud to re sign Brown. Typical smoke and mirrors speech about what Brown brings to the table. I found Brown to be a horrible PK guy...except for the few blocked shots he took - which ironically side-lined him for months.

Good to see him off the team.

I'm happy he's gone too, lots of energy and effort, but as much production as our heavyweights, or even less production.

I knew the writing was on the wall for him, once Caryle was hired.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
My view on this trade:
Saheb S. ‏@LeafRocket
Mike brown, aka #Brownbeaut has been traded to the oilers for a 2014 fourth round pick. #leafs #TMLTalk #NHL #Oilers. He's unfortunately the man that had to go due the emergence of Frazer and still coming up Leo super pest. A true competitor who will give a 110% every night on every single shift. A fearless fight that'll dance with a Goliath if need be. His only flaw was he was getting injured in the worst way possible. Hopefully he'll be much more conditioned in the oilers team.
He'll be missed in the leafs for his competitiveness, awesome handlebars and energy #Leafs #TMLTalk

Seriously gonna miss this guy. Hope for the oilers to make the playoffs so we can get the third rounder instead.

Agree with this. Loved Brownie when he played, but he couldn't stay in the lineup because he kept hurting himself with his hustle. He is now my favorite Oiler player.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
My view on this trade:
Saheb S. ‏@LeafRocket
Mike brown, aka #Brownbeaut has been traded to the oilers for a 2014 fourth round pick. #leafs #TMLTalk #NHL #Oilers. He's unfortunately the man that had to go due the emergence of Frazer and still coming up Leo super pest. A true competitor who will give a 110% every night on every single shift. A fearless fight that'll dance with a Goliath if need be. His only flaw was he was getting injured in the worst way possible. Hopefully he'll be much more conditioned in the oilers team.
He'll be missed in the leafs for his competitiveness, awesome handlebars and energy #Leafs #TMLTalk

Seriously gonna miss this guy. Hope for the oilers to make the playoffs so we can get the third rounder instead.

The guy had a lot more flaws than that.

Two off the top of my head:

1) No skill
2) Takes bad penalties consistently (despite his limited icetime)

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
The guy had a lot more flaws than that.

Two off the top of my head:

1) No skill
2) Takes bad penalties consistently (despite his limited icetime)

he's a fourth line fighter, he isn't suppose to be a skilled player from the get go. Neither are players like Orr or Frazer. They are supposed to be good cycle workers and all three players were great at that. As far as the penalties I didn't many that stuck out to me at all during his tenure here.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I liked Brown, and am sad to see him go. He definitely filled a role at one point, but we have too many players and not enough spots. He was the most expendable.

Oilers will be happy with him, just as most Leaf fans were the first half of his tenure with the team.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Good trade for both teams. My god, the overreaction in the main boards. If you read it, you'd think Oilers traded 1st/2nd for Brown.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
he's a fourth line fighter, he isn't suppose to be a skilled player from the get go. Neither are players like Orr or Frazer. They are supposed to be good cycle workers and all three players were great at that. As far as the penalties I didn't many that stuck out to me at all during his tenure here.

That 5 minute major against the Habs last week comes to mind.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
That 5 minute major against the Habs last week comes to mind.

There was one against Buffalo too.

And remember this is a guy who doesn't play every game (gets scratched) and when he does play he plays very few minutes.

So despite receiving very little ice time at all, he manages to hurt us.

I don't know which is the worse aspect of his game...the fact that he takes costly penalties or the fact he is just a terrible hockey player.

We robbed Edmonton. :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
There was one against Buffalo too.

And remember this is a guy who doesn't play every game (gets scratched) and when he does play he plays very few minutes.

So despite receiving very little ice time at all, he manages to hurt us.

I don't know which is the worse aspect of his game...the fact that he takes costly penalties or the fact he is just a terrible hockey player.

We robbed Edmonton. :laugh:
Both those were very iffy, borderline calls though.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
So happy about this lol

Brown brings absolutely nothing to the table. He takes stupid penalties, isn't a sherif on the ice... he really serves no purpose with players like Orr and MacLaren on the team, yet he managed to find himself in the lineup far too often.

sums up my thoughts exactly

his effort got him into the lineup, but in this league effort alone is fools gold

member 147413

Wow... a fourth rounder? That's actually surprisingly good, we know McLaren and Orr are both better then him at what they do, really no loss here.

I liked him though.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Edmonton wins this one easily.

Horrible trade by Nonis.

we got a fourth rounder back...possible a third rounder if they make the playoffs. We got him for a fourth rounder in the past as well too :laugh: Don't see how this is a horrible trade. It's making way for new ones that are coming up from the system. He also mentioned, that he told brown, don't be surprised if I trade for you a third time :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->