TSN: Brown to EDM for 4th rounder in 2014

contour

Mar 31, 2011
Anyone remember that wrist shot from last year? That was a beauty by Brown.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So if Lombardi re-signs with Phoenix and the Oilers make the playoffs we end up with two 3rd picks in 2014 for Lombardi and Mike Brown LOL Wow

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
seriously folks

What does Brown bring to the table that is going to be missed on this team.

Toronto fans tend to fall in love with the tough guy grinder guys like Belak, Brown, Domi, Motor City Smitty, Eddie Shack among others.

Sure they work hard but really Brown has no hockey skills or IQ.

I have seen more from Orr and Mclaren form them to warrant a spot on the 4th plus once Lupul gets back Komorov moves to the 4th line and one of Orr or Mclaren will be in the pressbox on a nightly basis.

There is tons of Mike Browns around hockey so for us to get a potential 3rd round pick is amazing for a guy who is redundant on this team and could have been waive and picked up for free.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No one is complaining IMO. Getting a possible two 3rd round picks for Lombardi and Brown is amazing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
we wont be trading any center's unless we get a better one back (minus steckel)

Wanna bet. Nonis won't deal Kadri this we know. As for Bozak, Steckel and probably the most expensive shutdown C in the NHL, if someone makes him an offer, he's as good as gone.

Colborne is looking closer to being NHL ready than ever, but I guess we should bury him in the minors as we did for Kadri.

TML g u n n e R s*

Wanna bet. Nonis won't deal Kadri this we know. As for Bozak, Steckel and probably the most expensive shutdown C in the NHL, if someone makes him an offer, he's as good as gone.

Colborne is looking closer to being NHL ready than ever, but I guess we should bury him in the minors as we did for Kadri.

so you are telling if we get offered something decent... we are going to replace one of bozak or grabo for colborne?? even tho we are thick in a playoff race :facepalm:

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
So if Lombardi re-signs with Phoenix and the Oilers make the playoffs we end up with two 3rd picks in 2014 for Lombardi and Mike Brown LOL Wow

Even to 4th round picks is nice considering neither player is part of the long term plan. I just hope we do the same with all of our assets as we continue to promote the Marlies from the rebuild.

Finally the Leafs have dug themselves out of the asset ditch they found themselves in. We can now move guys out for picks and not lose depth to keep the cycle going.

I hope we get something similar for Liles, Komisarek and Connolly.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Thank god. I cant handle ripping on this plug any longer. Good riddance. Garbage player. Dont care if he hustles, big whop

Too bad you couldn't say this out load with Brown standing right behind you. Something tells me you'd be missing some teeth rather pronto. lol

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
so you are telling if we get offered something decent... we are going to replace one of bozak or grabo for colborne?? even tho we are thick in a playoff race :facepalm:

You don't get it do you? Nonis will improve the team if the pieces fit. If Hiller and Perry are available, you will not be interested in dealing for them?

Center's that are terrible playmakers are a dime a dozen.

TML g u n n e R s*

You don't get it do you? Nonis will improve the team if the pieces fit. If Hiller and Perry are available, you will not be interested in dealing for them?

i doubt we have interest in hiller...

and wtf are you smoking of course if perry was in the deal for one of bozak or grabo a deal would get done... but that obv wont

TML g u n n e R s*

If I recall correctly, they just beat us recently. How did Kadri prevent that from happening?

your right kadri forgot to cast a spell before the game, he is wizard, correct?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

I want the leafs to stay far away from Hiller. Perry obviously would be a target if he's available, but would rather wait for UFA, because a trade for him would be too expensive.

Badger Mayhew*

Too bad about the conditional. I don't think there's all that high a chance the Oilers make the playoffs and we get a 3rd.

SteveV*

Your last sentence explains why you don't get it. Funny.

Eight billion posts, three themes.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Is this yet ANOTHER thread about to turn into a "trade Grabo, he's garbage and overpaid" thread?

One of the usual suspects appears to be here to force-feed us more unfounded speculation...

SteveV*

Is this yet ANOTHER thread about to turn into a "trade Grabo, he's garbage and overpaid" thread?

One of the usual suspects appears to be here to force-feed us more unfounded speculation...

Guy's a psychology thesis.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
i doubt we have interest in hiller...

and wtf are you smoking of course if perry was in the deal for one of bozak or grabo a deal would get done... but that obv wont

Burke values Kessel and probably Grabo, the reason we take Hiller is because of salary swaps, and they have Fasth.

Grabo is even more terrible under RC than he was with Wilson, this may be the perfect time to unload him so we can extend Kadri, Kule, or sign Bozak.

Grabo has become a liability in this Org, we cannot afford a 5.5M shutdown C and expect to re-up valuable pieces also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad