TSN: Brown to EDM for 4th rounder in 2014

leafspring*

Wanna bet. Nonis won't deal Kadri this we know. As for Bozak, Steckel and probably the most expensive shutdown C in the NHL, if someone makes him an offer, he's as good as gone.

Colborne is looking closer to being NHL ready than ever, but I guess we should bury him in the minors as we did for Kadri.

I wouldn't take that bet.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want the leafs to stay far away from Hiller. Perry obviously would be a target if he's available, but would rather wait for UFA, because a trade for him would be too expensive.

If Perry wants to be a Leaf, this will be a boom trade for he Leafs, Kadri feeding Perry is enticing.

SteveV*

Isn't this about Brown thread, not some insecure guy's obsessions? Gets old MODS.

leafspring*

so you are telling if we get offered something decent... we are going to replace one of bozak or grabo for colborne?? even tho we are thick in a playoff race :facepalm:

He thinks trading them others is a possibility. It is possible nonis would move one of the 2 for a big scoring winger. Both are more valuable than Colborne though. I would trade Grabo over Bozak without thinking to much over which one to move.Bozak is a value that is rare because of his face-off winning ability.

Fearless Leaf*

Cool guy, but completely redundant on this team.

Fantastic return for him. Great trade Nonis! #Nony2013

Agreed, He is a good character guy who can bring energy and grit but he is easily redundant.

This is a good trade by Nonis.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
He thinks trading them others is a possibility. It is possible nonis would move one of the 2 for a big scoring winger. Both are more valuable than Colborne though. I would trade Grabo over Bozak without thinking to much over which one to move.Bozak is a value that is rare because of his face-off winning ability.

Steckel can win face-offs to.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If Perry wants to be a Leaf, this will be a boom trade for he Leafs, Kadri feeding Perry is enticing.

My only problem with targeting Perry via trade is the price. I would assume something of significant value would have to be going back. Kadri and Perry would be amazing though. LONDON DUO :yo:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
To even think you have a conversation about Perry without Kadri being involved is naive. The Ducks would want him, without question. Either he or Rielly, neither of which any of us wants to see moved.

Either way, why not take the wild speculation to the trade proposals/speculation thread, where it belongs?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
If it happens, this will be Nonis' biggest mistake.

We've done fine without him in the lineup this year and have Gardiner who will jump into that spot when he's gone. Rielly should be ready next year too, so Liles really doesn't have a long term spot on this roster.

The Hutch

May 1, 2010
New Westminster, BC
RIP Four Horsemen!

Sucks to see a good guy go, but that's the life of depth players. Hopefully I'll get to see him hand out some justice here on the wet coast.

I would imagine Brown was the easiest one to move. Orr's a million dollar enforcer, and McLaren is a recent acquisition who's been working hard and getting the results that a player like him is expected to.

I hope this means we get to see Mike Brown in The Expendables 3!

leafspring*

Go check every other year. Hard to get into a groove when you're not playing.

I know but he is not that valuable. He gives good defensive minutes to i know that. Still though Greg Scott would be a improvement over him.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
having both Orr and Maclaren is redundant
i would rather have one of them and brown

having both Orr and Maclaren is redundant
i would rather have one of them and brown

I see what you did there. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm a bit sorry to see Brown go. Couldn't ask for much more in a 4th liner other than maybe size.

Personally I would rather have moved Komisarek for the roster spot but that's a tough trade to make so I understand it. McLaren and Orr have been performing better and have more size this year so it makes sense.

Good luck in Edmonton Brownie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad