TSN: Brown to EDM for 4th rounder in 2014

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
we got a fourth rounder back...possible a third rounder if they make the playoffs. We got him for a fourth rounder in the past as well too :laugh: Don't see how this is a horrible trade. It's making way for new ones that are coming up from the system. He also mentioned, that he told brown, don't be surprised if I trade for you a third time :laugh:

We got Brown for a fifth, hes our fourteenth forward, is injured, and is not a good hockey player. What a steal by Nonis :laugh:

Brozak

i scoreded a goal
May 30, 2009
Kitchener, ON
Ahh... this one sucks, but something had to give. At least we shipped him out to the west to a non contending team.

He's one of those guys I hope will get an unusually loud ovation when he returns to the ACC. He is that great of a person and a player. :)

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
that bogus dreger tweet of steckel to calgary for a 4th yesterday was pretty close
turns out to be brown to edmonton for a 4th )

seems somewhat curious

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
As an Oiler fan who watches The Leafs most Saturdays, I love the addition of Brown. One only needs to look at the positive comments from his team mates and fans to know he is a stand up guy who competes. I've liked him for a few years now. I honestly didn't think The Leafs would be interested in moving him.

Anyway, just wanted to say that as lots of Oiler fans are already complaining about the guy. They will change their tune once Brown gets comfortable, which wont' take long I expect.

Cheers all.

Number13

May 21, 2007
we got a fourth rounder back...possible a third rounder if they make the playoffs. We got him for a fourth rounder in the past as well too :laugh: Don't see how this is a horrible trade. It's making way for new ones that are coming up from the system. He also mentioned, that he told brown, don't be surprised if I trade for you a third time :laugh:

Got him for a 5th actually, so we profited on Brown's tenure.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
As an Oiler fan who watches The Leafs most Saturdays, I love the addition of Brown. One only needs to look at the positive comments from his team mates and fans to know he is a stand up guy who competes. I've liked him for a few years now. I honestly didn't think The Leafs would be interested in moving him.

Anyway, just wanted to say that as lots of Oiler fans are already complaining about the guy. They will change their tune once Brown gets comfortable, which wont' take long I expect.

Cheers all.

you guys have enough skill. you need an all heart guy like Brown i think. he should work out for you guys.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Wtf I come to read about the brown trade and have to read pages upon pages of people *****ing about Grabo.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I haven't been this broken up since we only got a fifth round pick for the greatest Leaf ever to put on the jersey, Martin Skoula :cry:

MAyg6.png

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
All the best to Brown in Edmonton. Too bad he was a victim of the numbers, he was a fan favourite and will be missed.

We bought low on him and sold high so what are complaining about, right?

masyo88*

One of the hardest workers on the team! Brought toughness and heart to a team. I will miss Brownie, good luck in Edmonton.

cdosrun

Jul 13, 2011
Toronto
This is a good deal. We get one of our best scorers this season back into the lineup and with lupul back later on, something had to give at some point.

We have a pretty good record recently of 4th round picks(we may even get a third) in a deep draft. We got him for a 5th and his production has not shifted so it's fair.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
This is a good deal. We get one of our best scorers this season back into the lineup and with lupul back later on, something had to give at some point.

We have a pretty good record recently of 4th round picks(we may even get a third) in a deep draft. We got him for a 5th and his production has not shifted so it's fair.

You do realize the pick is in 2014, right? Just checking.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
i remember the time he injured himself blocking a shot, only to have a goal scored against us right after. going to miss this guy.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
There is something to be said for having multiple tough guys at different weight classes, but I guess somebody had to go and he was deemed the most expendable. I understand the move, but I'm not sure that I like it. (I will if the Oilers make the playoffs, though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad