Rumor: Brian Flynn in contract talks with Canadiens

t0ny

Apr 8, 2008
Get over yourself :laugh:. People are really whining for trying to bring back a relatively young depth player that has produced at a 20 points pace over his career for cheap? Jeez. This will be one long off-season.

Excruciating off season i would say :laugh:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm fine with this in principle, but this better be purely as depth. If there are injuries and the kids down in Hamilton are either forced to stay there or get garbage minutes on the fourth line as the fourth liners graduate instead, then I'll be mad.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Let me try to summarize the reaction to this over the last few pages"

Some fans are upset with Flynn playing 5 - 10 mins a game over a kid
Same fans think the Habs don't need any more veteran depth
Same fans want MB to trade for a star goal scorer instead
Same fans don't want MB to trade draft picks or decent prospects for said goal scorer as the Habs should develop within

Same fans can't look at the big picture. IF MB tries to land a scorer then it will take more than a scrub to trade and the line-up they look at today would surely have a few vacancies in it. And god forbid a couple guys get injured.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Same fans don't want MB to trade draft picks or decent prospects for said goal scorer as the Habs should develop within

Same fans can't look at the big picture. IF MB tries to land a scorer then it will take more than a scrub to trade and the line-up they look at today would surely have a few vacancies in it. And god forbid a couple guys get injured.

x1000. I still think the kid is better than what he shown. most people said he was going to be better than Mitchell. Some players need a little time to get their feet wet with a new team. Like Gilbert and even Petry.

Totally fine with signing the kid.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Stop making sense.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Eh, depth whatever but at the end of the day, MB's off-season will be judged on whether he can improve the Top 6. If not, has utterly failed.

I will admit the absolute lack of secondary scoring because of a dearth of any offensive talent besides for Eller is very concerning. Seems like our bottom 6 has too many 4th liners and not enough third liners.....

Also, why in the world would Reilly sign here? His chances of cracking a Top 4 defense spot is very slim?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I don't understand the rush to commit money on a RFA likely to fill the 13th forward role next year.

Give him his QO and forget about him for now. Geez.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Another thing to consider: most teams are in a cap crunch situation and maybe some good, or better, players would be available.

Flynn is a warm body - he can't punch, can't hit, can't score. Why the rush?

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Of course he is, we need to solidify that bottom 9. lol

This.

I'm watching hockey since over 20 years and for the first time since Serge Savard, I can say that I'm confident with our GM. This guy knows what he's doing and the negativisme over and over is pretty pathetic.

I'd like to know what he has done to gain your confidence, is it the bottom feeders he consistently adds to the roster or is it the outstanding coach he's hired?

Tinordi is a lock to be on the roster.

Bournival I think he gets traded. He's behind Weise Prust and Flynn and no longer waiver exempt.

The sad part is, I think he's probably a better player than all 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Niinimaa*

Another thing to consider: most teams are in a cap crunch situation and maybe some good, or better, players would be available.

Flynn is a warm body - he can't punch, can't hit, can't score. Why the rush?
Emperor's new groove.

Last season he annoyed every GM with his "your top-6 winger for Emelin + Eller" calls. This time he's offering cheap plugs in exchange. And we don't have to waste draftpicks for cannon fodder prospects with zero skill-ceiling.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
We don't need Flynn... We need a player that skate and play very physical and drop the gloves when need be for the 4th line. Someone like Matt Martin....he's not a goon and he is not a super heavy weight but he hits like a truck.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Emperor's new groove.

Last season he annoyed every GM with his "your top-6 winger for Emelin + Eller" calls. This time he's offering cheap plugs in exchange. And we don't have to waste draftpicks for cannon fodder prospects with zero skill-ceiling.

You know this how?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Why would he come back?

The guy was our leading scorer in the playoffs after a few games but that did not stop that idiot MT to bench him.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Well, he's an RFA. So there's not exactly a bidding war. What use do we have for him? Guys like Andrighetto or Hudon can't bring the same or more?

I was also impressed with Bournival and Thomas last year in the bottom six. Our team look at its best and had the best record when they were in the lineup. Our team speed just wore teams down. For example, our record was 21-8 with Bournival, but just 12-11 with DSP.

I hope Bournival, Thomas, Ghetto and Hudon get legit shots next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad