Rumor: Brian Flynn in contract talks with Canadiens

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
I agree, but with more and more depth signings, their chances to fill in as injury replacements get fewer and fewer. We've got lots of NHL ready forwards, but very few NHL spots. We've seen Prust/Weise/Moen promoted countless times to spots they shouldn't be. I think this bumps another 4th line forward up the roster.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Weise-Eller-DSP
Prust-Mitchell-Flynn
(Bournival)

DeLaRose-Hudon-Andrighetto
Thomas-Carr

Why is De La Rose on the bench? Unless I am mistaken he did not spend a single game in the press box after he was called up. Why is he going to start now? Move him into the lineup, bump either Weise or DSP down, and Flynn and/or Bournival are your press box regulars, and injury replacements.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
.... because he'll be a bargain! Our GM would never pass up on a great deal. It doesn't matter that Mitchell and Flynn are non-physical 4th liners, they're BARGAINS!!! We paid like a 4th and a 7th for them, it's so cheap, we should fill out the rest of our roster with players this cheap. We'll win the Salary Cap Cup.

Just think, we could call a line the "Dollarama line".

GravelTheOne

Jun 5, 2007
Alma, Québec
You guys are black or white.

Flynn as a 13th forward is a very good and cheap option and even if he is signed. If andrighetto or hudon deserve a spot on the roster, they will have it even if flynn is signed.

But, in the other way, if hudon or andrighetto are not ready, flynn is better suited for the 4th line role than those unready prospect dont you think.

Signing Flynn isnt a disaster come on ...

It's sad because the habs are having their best moment since a ****ing while and the people here are so ****ing pessimist and negative about everything.

Even if MB stay put and the only other move he does is to sign Galchenyuk, with the re-signing of Petry, the experience acquired by Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Beaulieu.

I still expect the habs to be a 110 points team and a contender in the east. But you know, i expect our GM to, like he did during his 3 years, slowly improve his team to making it a constant and true contender for the next years to come.

This.

I'm watching hockey since over 20 years and for the first time since Serge Savard, I can say that I'm confident with our GM. This guy knows what he's doing and the negativisme over and over is pretty pathetic.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Why is De La Rose on the bench? Unless I am mistaken he did not spend a single game in the press box after he was called up. Why is he going to start now? Move him into the lineup, bump either Weise or DSP down, and Flynn and/or Bournival are your press box regulars, and injury replacements.

That's kind of the point I'm trying to make. We're going to have two all-purpose guys in the pressbox keeping young players in Hamilton from seeing call-up time.

Someone has to get moved or not resigned.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
That's kind of the point I'm trying to make. We're going to have two all-purpose guys in the pressbox keeping young players in Hamilton from seeing call-up time.

If kids deserve a call up and play, they will play, regardless of who's in the press box.

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site

And that was the original point; where are these young kids that are being blocked by Flynn and Bournival, your "all purpose" guys, going to play if Flynn is not signed? They'll be in the stands, sitting in Brian Flynn's seat.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Flynn is an alright depth player. Would take him back for cheap.

He'll likely get 700-800 K AAV for 1 or 2 years.

Only this place would get riled up about that...he's a solid bottom 6 guy. Put up some good numbers at Maine and had 17 points in 54 games before the trade, same pace as Eller pretty much. Good size and speed.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You need your Flynn, Mtchell, Bournival etc to fill out your roster. With the new CBA you can send them down and retain cap so no biggy.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
How many offensive players have been traded since the beginning of the offseason??

Holyyy **** bargavin why do you keep signing plugs you are missing the boat fuxkin bad gm bargain here bargain this.

But when he signed Petry it was too expensive you said? Yeah bargainbin.

You guys are negative just to be negative. It sucks cause this board is fun and many people have big knowledge but the habs board is poison. I feel like we are the worst team in the league and a lucky one yet we have a young core (CORE, that does not include gonchar, weaver, gilbert) and we lost in 6 in a tight series against a team that gave some adversity to the overpowered blackhawks, where our gm come from.

Am i the only one optimist here that think the habs can win the east and potentially the cup in the next 1-3 years ?? I mean, we are clearly more heading in that direction instead of downgrading despite all the **** said against MT, MB, the system, flynn, etc.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If kids deserve a call up and play, they will play, regardless of who's in the press box.

I think we've seen that this isn't true many times over the last three years. Bouillon/Moen/Malhotra/Weise/Prust/etc. have all consistently filled spots further up the lineup rather than having a rookie play there.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
How many offensive players have been traded since the beginning of the offseason??

Holyyy **** bargavin why do you keep signing plugs you are missing the boat fuxkin bad gm bargain here bargain this.

But when he signed Petry it was too expensive you said? Yeah bargainbin.

You guys are negative just to be negative. It sucks cause this board is fun and many people have big knowledge but the habs board is poison. I feel like we are the worst team in the league and a lucky one yet we have a young core (CORE, that does not include gonchar, weaver, gilbert) and we lost in 6 in a tight series against a team that gave some adversity to the overpowered blackhawks, where our gm come from.

Am i the only one optimist here that think the habs can win the east and potentially the cup in the next 1-3 years ?? I mean, we are clearly more heading in that direction instead of downgrading despite all the **** said against MT, MB, the system, flynn, etc.

Same here buddy.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I think we've seen that this isn't true many times over the last three years. Bouillon/Moen/Malhotra/Weise/Prust/etc. have all consistently filled spots further up the lineup rather than having a rookie play there.

If management felt like no rookie could play in the top 6, so be it. Andrighetto should have gotten a fair shot but maybe they saw something we didn't. Hudon getting major minutes in his first year with the Dogs and not rush him was a good idea.

After 3 years, Bouillon, Moen, and now Malhotra are gone. DLR, Beaulieu, and most likely Pateryn are with the big club. It remains to be seen what going to happen with Tinordi and Bournival... Honestly I don't think Bournival is anything special.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
And that was the original point; where are these young kids that are being blocked by Flynn and Bournival, your "all purpose" guys, going to play if Flynn is not signed? They'll be in the stands, sitting in Brian Flynn's seat.

I understand the concept of a 13th forward, I'd just rather that 13th forward be a callup from Hamilton. I liked having Bournival as a 13th forward as it meant that he was involved with the team and had a chance to gain trust from the coaching staff. He ended up playing all over the lineup and did quite well until his injury. At this point, I think that would be far more valuable than playing another season in the AHL for guys like Andrighetto or Thomas.

dreamingofdrouin*

please don't trade prust....please......please.........................please :(

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I would probably give a prospect a chance instead

Seems like Habs fans have forgotten what playing with injuries feels like nowadays.

We had by far the lowest amount of man games lost this season. That won't always be the case. Depth is important.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Just how many grinders do we need exactly? :huh:

mnv74.jpg

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Seems like Habs fans have forgotten what playing with injuries feels like nowadays.

We had by far the lowest amount of man games lost this season. That won't always be the case. Depth is important.

Brian Flynn isn't depth. He's a warm body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad