Rumor: Brian Flynn in contract talks with Canadiens

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
You would be hard pressed to find a Sabre fan with a bad thing to say about Flynn.

I love the thought of him helping a playoff team.

mtlhockeyfan

Dec 30, 2009
-Per Richard Labbe of La Presse

Talks are continuing between Habs and Flynn. Where would he be playing on the roster?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
.... because he'll be a bargain! Our GM would never pass up on a great deal. It doesn't matter that Mitchell and Flynn are non-physical 4th liners, they're BARGAINS!!! We paid like a 4th and a 7th for them, it's so cheap, we should fill out the rest of our roster with players this cheap. We'll win the Salary Cap Cup.

mtlhockeyfan

Dec 30, 2009
I don't think I like this, Flynn barely played last year. Would rather Habs spend time and $$ on other players and develop their prospects.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I am kind of interested to see what he could do with a whole season with us. He must've impressed our pro scouts with Buffalo enough. And again this would tell me that we'd most likely be moving somebody out.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Just how many grinders do we need exactly? :huh:

We're a grinding team, don't you remember?

I don't care about Flynn. But if Bergevin manages to sign Galchenyuk before July 1st then he's in business. Not that I think it will happen...

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Well, he's an RFA. So there's not exactly a bidding war. What use do we have for him? Guys like Andrighetto or Hudon can't bring the same or more?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Well, he's an RFA. So there's not exactly a bidding war. What use do we have for him? Guys like Andrighetto or Hudon can't bring the same or more?

This may mean that some of those mentioned above may be moved.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
According to Bergevin, the key to win the Cup is to have 10 fourth-line players.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
According to Bergevin, the key to win the Cup is to have 10 fourth-line players.

Nothing wrong with beefing up the depth before the playoffs, but why not make room for the kids next season instead?

Shawarma*

I'm all for depth, but if you plan on any of these guys being roster players than you have to ask yourself the question: What will their role be?

Bergevin comes from an organization that excels at finding roles for players and fitting them in to these roles. It is perplexing that his approach to signing players has seem scatter-shot and aimed more at stockpiling low end forwards.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This might be a bit far fetched but I wonder if this means we'd be shopping Weise around.

I'm sure a team like Chicago who has to make cap room and has younger players that are playing in the bottom 6 that should be a top 6er next year; wouldn't mind taking a Weise who is cap friendly and would fill that hole in the bottom 6.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I'm happy that he stays, it will mean keeping our draft picks at next year's trade deadline. You guys are always forgetting injuries. Flynn is a depth player, a 12th to 14th forward on our team.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
This obsession with bottom 6 grinders is getting rediculous.

We. Have. Enough.

Nothing wrong with Depth.

As we have seen you seriously can never have enough depth.

As much as rookies and a shiny new toy for the team veterans can always been counted on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad