Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I expect more moves before the TDL but as of today I would go with:

Kopitar - Iaffallo - Kempe - Moore - Grundstrom - Andersson - Anathasiou
Doughty - Roy - Walker
Petersen

In this scenario, I expect one of these players will get selected:
Wagner, Frk, Lemieux, Lizotte, Amadio, Luff, Clague, Maatta, Strand, Quick (Brown\Carter won't even be considered because of age. Note: Brown was not protected vs Vegas)

Honestly, we'll survive losing any of these 4th line forwards. We can replace the one lost with a prospect or cheap UFA.
Clague or Strand will hurt the most.
I for one don’t see the appeal in protecting Andersson as it stands now. He’s done nothing to warrant protection or to warrant being Seattle’s pick. I’d rather see Lemieux or Lizotte protected.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I for one don’t see the appeal in protecting Andersson as it stands now. He’s done nothing to warrant protection or to warrant being Seattle’s pick. I’d rather see Lemieux or Lizotte protected.

If Lizotte was waived, he would clear. He's been terrible this year. Lias has not been given a real chance and shuffled around, mostly with Luff and Wagner and they are terrible linemates.
Kopi would fail with those 2. It looks like Lias and Strand were just assigned to taxi squad and going to Vegas. Hopefully, both get some games.

John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL

·
22m
What this really means is these guys are going on the road trip to Vegas with LA.
Quote Tweet
zLzTR2xC_mini.jpg

John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL
· 26m
LA Kings roster moves... Lias Andersson and Austin Strand have been reassigned to the taxi squad from AHL Ontario.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
In the end, the only ones that will hurt would be Brown and to a lesser extent, Quick. Likely neither will be taken and they will pick off one of our young players, but if for some reason they grab Brown I would be upset.

I am still very interested in Andersson and hope he continues to develop and gets another shot next season. Lemieux would be a good shield for some of our other players if Seattle took him for some reason.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If Lizotte was waived, he would clear. He's been terrible this year. Lias has not been given a real chance and shuffled around, mostly with Luff and Wagner and they are terrible linemates.
Kopi would fail with those 2. It looks like Lias and Strand were just assigned to taxi squad and going to Vegas. Hopefully, both get some games.

John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL

·
22m
What this really means is these guys are going on the road trip to Vegas with LA.
Quote Tweet
zLzTR2xC_mini.jpg

John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL
· 26m
LA Kings roster moves... Lias Andersson and Austin Strand have been reassigned to the taxi squad from AHL Ontario.

Lizotte has been perfectly fine this year. He is an energy player whose role is to affect momentum and set up the more talented players on the next shift in a more advantageous position. He has performed that role well.

You can bet your ass he would be claimed if waived.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Lizotte has been perfectly fine this year. He is an energy player whose role is to affect momentum and set up the more talented players on the next shift in a more advantageous position. He has performed that role well.

And you actually posted this with a straight face. Awesome!

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

Lizzy has dropped off this year. He was a lot more energic last year. He was a real puck hound. Also, Iafallo is getting good scoring this year, but the energy we saw his first year a bit down.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Lizotte isn't taking away time at center from Vilardi or Andersson. Both of them couldn't hang at center. If they were any good they would take a center spot away from somebody, but they haven't been able to.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Lizotte is not good and he’s taking ice away or a spot from a younger player like Andersson or Vilardi at center. I would scratch him.
Yep. Moreover, not a chance he would get claimed off waivers. I totally admire the guy but he's not an NHL caliber player.

Reactions: funky

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Lias has not been given a real chance and shuffled around, mostly with Luff and Wagner and they are terrible linemates.

What's been a good alternative as a chance though? Kopitar will get all the time he can handle. We all want more Vilardi. Lizotte has been winning more than half his faceoffs. Andersson is at 35%, even under Carter, who barely takes faceoffs these days either. Iafallo is tied to Kopitar. Athanasiou has been one of the more effective ES forwards on the team. The Kings have been looking for anyone to come in and do something, and JAD has really been the only one to do so.

Should Andersson have gotten the PP that Amadio got? Sure, probably, why not. I'm sure even Amadio is wondering why he got a half hour on the PP this year. However, as decent as the PP has been this year, it's all 1st unit stuff. Maybe he would elevate the 2nd group, I don't know, but Andersson has 4g and 10pts in 77 career games, so.

There's a reason the Kings could get a former 7th overall pick in 2017 for a late 2nd round pick a short 3 years later.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
What's been a good alternative as a chance though? Kopitar will get all the time he can handle. We all want more Vilardi. Lizotte has been winning more than half his faceoffs. Andersson is at 35%, even under Carter, who barely takes faceoffs these days either. Iafallo is tied to Kopitar. Athanasiou has been one of the more effective ES forwards on the team. The Kings have been looking for anyone to come in and do something, and JAD has really been the only one to do so.

Should Andersson have gotten the PP that Amadio got? Sure, probably, why not. I'm sure even Amadio is wondering why he got a half hour on the PP this year. However, as decent as the PP has been this year, it's all 1st unit stuff. Maybe he would elevate the 2nd group, I don't know, but Andersson has 4g and 10pts in 77 career games, so.

There's a reason the Kings could get a former 7th overall pick in 2017 for a late 2nd round pick a short 3 years later.
He looks like a guy that needs a run of games to settle in, to me. Getting some good playing time in Ontario makes him better placed right now, than earlier in the season, but I’d like to see him put in early on the trip rather than sit for a couple of games before playing. He’s definitely made a difference in Ontario so I think he’s earned another shot.

Personally I’d sit Luff and Wagner and give him a long look, as I really don’t see the downside. Whilst I definitely play him at wing, as that’s where he would fit long term, 35% in the draw is misleading as he’s 13/24 for 37 face offs. Its a very low sample size and he’s not had a run there either which doesn’t help him a couple of bad matchups can skew the numbers heavily with such low totals.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't know what people are smoking in regards to Andersson. He clearly wasn't an NHL player at this point.

He was 35% on face offs, had a team worst 40.2%CF and -6.7%CSR. With 1 point in 11 games.

People like the idea of Andersson more than they like the actual player. Lizotte has clearly been the better player. It's not even close. Amadio is better.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Lizzotte makes me miss Trevor Lewis, who coincidentally also has all of four points this season.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

Kings felt Andersson was worth a 2nd round pick. I don't think 11 NHL games with the Kings will undermine the value they feel he has. He needs every oppurtunity to show what he can bring. His AHL play has been pretty good so there is promise there. The protection list can change with trades, so we'll see how it pans out.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Kings felt Andersson was worth a 2nd round pick. I don't think 11 NHL games with the Kings will undermine the value they feel he has. He needs every oppurtunity to show what he can bring. His AHL play has been pretty good so there is promise there. The protection list can change with trades, so we'll see how it pans out.

I agree. He may very well end up being a dud, but I certainly don't think he's been given the chance to show it. He brings a lot of good elements to the table IF he can actually do it at the NHL level. People can talk about his face-offs and his poor Corsi, but that isn't going to change my opinion based on 11 games this year. Yes, he's played NHL game with the Rangers, but seeing how Kakko and Lafreniere are doing, I don't know what that really says in terms of how NYR deploys their rookies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I am okay with Lizotte, love his energy, but that is sort of the extent of his appeal and power. He gets tossed around and rag-dolled almost every shift. I like him, but am indifferent as to where he goes.

I agree that Lias needs more of a chance to prove himself. I don't think he's as bad as some of the NHL numbers indicate; although, he is still developing and has some serious flaws. The kid is PPG in the minors, and it would be nice to see him get another look. I like his skillset and wish for him to succeed, as long as he is given an adequate shot, that's all one can ask for regardless of his fate.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Don't like this deal. I know it is a low purchase cost but this guy has same mind set as DeAngelo who cannot score. Guy seems like a DB on the ice and honestly would rather play Wagner. Given there already is too many players competing for bottom 6 roles this makes no sense.

Just listened to Locked on Kings and Sarah Avampato basically summed up my feelings on it. I don't usualy like that podcast as I find her tone so mono-tone it puts me to sleep, but man she ripped this deal, and I think is pretty spot on.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Well Blake played with Claude, so who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Role players only get their due en masse when their organizations are successful. They get blamed for not being better when their teams struggle. Its always been the case on this board - look how often Lewis and King still get name checked around here despite the fact that both outperformed the "stars" when things mattered most.

This team has a lack of role players. They have been overdrafting on the side of skill of late, and that kind of specialty player is missing from top to bottom. Oh, there are guys cast into those roles, Amadio, Wagner Luff for instance, but they are either unsuited or haven't bought into them.

Lizotte and Lemieux are players capable of filling specific purposes. You need to be able to change the course of the game when necessary. How many times has this year's team been blown out early be being unengaged with the tone of the game? You need players whose expressed purpose isn't to try to play within that flow, but to alter it so the rest of the team can catch up instead of chase. Its not glamorous, and won't be nearly as important when the Kings are dictating the pace, but that is years away.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake played with Claude AND TM was the coach. Also, Claude is Brendan's agent. Just in case one wanted fodder for the Blake-nepotism stuff.

Reactions: fivehole32

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
There is no doubt when Blake was kicking the tires on this trade he called Claude to get his opinion of what's going on with Brendan and the NYR. That is the only reason I mention it. I'm not to overly concerned with this trade a fourth isn't much for a pest whether he works out or not. We can't and likely won't use all of our picks for the next couple drafts considering where the pipeline is for players right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad