Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
We needed a pest/agitator on this team, but not sure this is the right guy or this is the right time for it. We have too many bottom 6 forwards as it is and there are also players in the AHL that should get some call ups. The only good thing about this deal is that we don't have to dress MacD every game because he can fight. Maybe this guy will take some punches and we can try Clague on d.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
kid is an outright scumbag on the ice. I've never thought he was tough; he does dirty shit. I've never seen him as a 'stick up for teammates' type as much as a 'selfish penalty' type.

I'd love to be wrong but at face value this is the criminal DL was after rather than the 'team toughness' RB is after. f*** this kid.
Wow, as a Ranger's fan I cant say how much further from the truth this is.

He's tough as shit and is definitely not a "dirty" player. Definitely a bit of a pest but not overboard.

Congrats to you guys, this trade makes no sense for the Rangers. He will fill it very nicely in your bottom 6.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
We needed a pest/agitator on this team, but not sure this is the right guy or this is the right time for it. We have too many bottom 6 forwards as it is and there are also players in the AHL that should get some call ups. The only good thing about this deal is that we don't have to dress MacD every game because he can fight. Maybe this guy will take some punches and we can try Clague on d.

I agree. Too bad Madden and Fagemo went down with injuries. I think Kupari gets another callup at some point.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow, as a Ranger's fan I cant say how much further from the truth this is.

He's tough as shit and is definitely not a "dirty" player.

Congrats to you guys, this trade makes no sense for the Rangers. He will fill it very nicely in your bottom 6.

I hope I'm totally wrong and he's reformed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I hope I'm totally wrong and he's reformed .
I'll stop by in a few weeks, I'm pretty confident you guys will be thrilled with the player you got. Again he's not going to score a bucket of goals, but he's a heart and sole guy who isnt completely useless and brings a lot on the ice. Some ranger fans got annoyed because for some reason Quinn used him on the 2nd PP, but that's not his fault haha.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'll stop by in a few weeks, I'm pretty confident you guys will be thrilled with the player you got. Again he's not going to score a bucket of goals, but he's a heart and sole guy who isnt completely useless and brings a lot on the ice. Some ranger fans got annoyed because for some reason Quinn used him on the 2nd PP, but that's not his fault haha.
Please do.

I know you from the covid thread and always appreciate your insights

Reactions: Rorschach

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Please do.

I know you from the covid thread and always appreciate your insights
Haha thanks. Ya i'll definitely be trying to keep tabs on him. He's a fun player to root for on your team. Teammates love him so he will fit right in with a good young up and coming team.

I always said he was the PERFECT player you want to have in a 7 game playoff series. Going to be tough for either of us to make it this year, but only one of us will be looking for this type of player the year that we return to the postseason..

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Maybe more moves on the horizon? :huh:

Is Hoven for real?

Do we need a player like this? Ask Matt Roy why we need Lemieux. Would of been nice for someone on the Wild to pay for that dirty hit. Imagine getting steamrolled in the boards and later find out that no one stood up for you? We are trying to build a team that plays for one another, we ain't contending if we don't.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I've thought we've needed a player in the realm of like an Antoine Roussel kind of player that could just piss other teams off and get teams off their game. That being said I've never been a personal fan of Lemieux and think he's too much like his dad. Very curious to pull this kind of move off with not a whole lot of roster space at the moment. Could be the start of multiple moves.
I expect there will be a lot Kings with new addresses in the coming weeks

Reactions: deaderhead28

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Put another move into the dumpster diving category for Blake.

Yup. That is all it is. They give up a 4th round pick for a guy who maybe scores 10-15 goals as part of an awesome 4th line on the Kings 2025 cup team but could easily be out the door this offseason.

I just feel like most of these types of guys have not worked out for the Kings. Carcillo was awful, Andreoff was awful,

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Yup. That is all it is. They give up a 4th round pick for a guy who maybe scores 10-15 goals as part of an awesome 4th line on the Kings 2025 cup team but could easily be out the door this offseason.

I just feel like most of these types of guys have not worked out for the Kings. Carcillo was awful, Andreoff was awful,

The only thing the Kings have repeatedly done well this season is fall behind early. My guess is that Blake sees that the strategy of waiting for the vets to wake up with 10 minutes left in the third is past the expiration date.

Now the team has a pest who won’t take things lying down by employing bush league tactics.

Reactions: Lt Dan

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Is Hoven for real?

Do we need a player like this? Ask Matt Roy why we need Lemieux. Would of been nice for someone on the Wild to pay for that dirty hit. Imagine getting steamrolled in the boards and later find out that no one stood up for you? We are trying to build a team that plays for one another, we ain't contending if we don't.

Hoven is just confused because his so call "sources" didn't know about this. as far as the other stuff, he's been wrong on most accounts and will back peddle when they don't happen.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Maybe more moves on the horizon? :huh:

Interesting that he is signed for next season, $1.55. The Kings will probably at the very least have him on the roster, unless it just goes really bad once he gets here.

It's tough to piece together a potential Kings lineup in the fall.

Kopitar, Brown, Vilardi, Kempe, Carter, Byfield, JAD, Grundstrom, Moore I expect to be on the Kings roster. They have AA and Iafallo as FA's. They'll probably sign someone (or Iafallo) and hope a prospect can win a spot.

Do they try Byfield as the 2C, is he a 1st line LW or is he learning on the job on the bottom lines?

Kopitar as the 1C, JAD as the 3C are probably the only locked in positions for the forwards.

Reactions: Oof and Lt Dan

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Rangers fan coming in peace! I think you will all like Lemieux, the Kings are probably the best spot for him other than maybe CBJ under a Torts, or Sutter's Flames.

He never got many minutes in NYR where we have a persona of being soft, he can go over the line at times but that comes with the territory of being an agitator. Especially at the cost of a 4th, I would soon rather keep him. He's one of maybe...3-4 Rangers that made sure to finish a check, instead of instantly peeling away if the puck left the opposing player's stick. We're so easy to play against in terms of physicality, and now we've gone another step making sure no one on the lineup engages in rough-housing lol

Cheers everyone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad