Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
kid is an outright scumbag on the ice. I've never thought he was tough; he does dirty shit. I've never seen him as a 'stick up for teammates' type as much as a 'selfish penalty' type.

I'd love to be wrong but at face value this is the criminal DL was after rather than the 'team toughness' RB is after. f*** this kid.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
He’s been pretty useless this year. Seems lost out there. He’s tough but he’s not always eager to get into scrums. Kind of strange. He showed some flashes of goal scoring at times, albeit few and far between. Hopefully change of scenery helps him figure his game out.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've thought we've needed a player in the realm of like an Antoine Roussel kind of player that could just piss other teams off and get teams off their game. That being said I've never been a personal fan of Lemieux and think he's too much like his dad. Very curious to pull this kind of move off with not a whole lot of roster space at the moment. Could be the start of multiple moves.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He’s been pretty useless this year. Seems lost out there. He’s tough but he’s not always eager to get into scrums. Kind of strange. He showed some flashes of goal scoring at times, albeit few and far between. Hopefully change of scenery helps him figure his game out.

How many more disappointing Ranger depth players will the Kings acquire for a pick?

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Love the move. Don’t care about the 4th as we had 2. Lemieux is a douche but sometimes that works. Might make an opposing coach think twice about having their douche players take liberty with our better players.

I am defining douche as that somewhat dirty player who is not a power forward, not a big hitter, not an enforcer but someone who constantly gets away with the little cheap ass shots then runs away. Think Doughty’s best bud on Calgary or a toned down Avery.

These type of players can be a real bitch to play against.

plus who knows what LA’s coaching staff can do with him. Still young.

Reactions: Kingspiracy and Oof

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've seen him be very, very annoying. The thing is, he hasn't really done that at all this year. When he's not doing that, he's a generic 13F.

I don't know if Quinn didn't want him doing that or because the refs call penalties on him for breathing at this point, but make him a scumbag again if you want use out of him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
San Jose PP% 18.7% (ranked 22nd)
Anaheim PP% 11.3% (ranked 30th)

Los Angeles PK% 85.9% (ranked 3rd)

Just for reference.

Reactions: KingTech

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who was it that kept saying we need a guy that drags the team into the fight, gets them physically/emotionally engaged?

I guess this sort of addresses that, definitely going to see more stupid ass shenanigans now.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Any guesses as to what those two bigger deals are? I have no idea. I am not good at figuring out trade values.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Who was it that kept saying we need a guy that drags the team into the fight, gets them physically/emotionally engaged?

I guess this sort of addresses that, definitely going to see more stupid ass shenanigans now.

I won't claim to be the only one who has been saying that, but the Kings could definitely use a temperature changer on the roster. A player who can change the tone of the game when its needed.

I like the move on paper, let's see how he performs.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kings have a glut of bottom six forwards, but missing a lunatic like Lemieux. For those hoping the team would address their lack of toughness, this move does try to solve that problem.

There’s also this, so something else might be brewing.

Wonder if he’s in town for long or packaged elsewhere?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He has 59 PIMs which is more than double anyone on the Rangers or the Kings.

I'll reserve judgement on this move, but I don't really get it.

Second trade between Blake and the Rangers. So they've been talking a lot...

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
A 2nd round pick for center Lias Andersson, what's up with that guy? The Rangers turned around and drafted the guy i wanted the Kings to draft, a big hard hitting power forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad