Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I don't know what people are smoking in regards to Andersson. He clearly wasn't an NHL player at this point.

He was 35% on face offs, had a team worst 40.2%CF and -6.7%CSR. With 1 point in 11 games.

People like the idea of Andersson more than they like the actual player. Lizotte has clearly been the better player. It's not even close. Amadio is better.

I like the idea of a 24-28yr old Andersson. I understand he's not a complete player yet and needs time to build back confidence, further develop his NA game, etc. I'll wait a couple years before I bother complaining about him. Seems a bit early to be doing so now.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like the idea of a 24-28yr old Andersson. I understand he's not a complete player yet and needs time to build back confidence, further develop his NA game, etc. I'll wait a couple years before I bother complaining about him. Seems a bit early to be doing so now.

100% agreed, I can't wait to see how he looks after a year with this organization.

But the folks clamoring for playing time for him right now...no, he actually hasn't earned it. And I say that as seemingly one of the biggest proponents of the trade.

Reactions: Oof and Ollie Weeks

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
I like the trade, we gave up next to nothing and he brings a different dimension to the team. Wagner kinda tries to be that guy but I'm not sure that's his natural game.

As far as Lemieux blocking other players, I don't see it. He can compete with guys like Wagner, Lizotte Andersson, etc for bottom 6 ice time. Have any of our winger prospects shown they're too good for the AHL? I think they can all benefit from a little more time in Ontario and being thrown on the 4th line isn't exactly ideal imo.

Reactions: funky

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
The other day I was thinking about that brief period when Iginla joined the team and how much of a fan of his I became. I became such a fan because he was all heart, standing up for his new teammates and getting in fights even though he was 39 years old. It really stood out because there was nobody on the Kings playing that way anymore, this first became noticeable when a rookie was taking runs at our hall of fame defenseman and nobody did a damn thing. Muzzin even politely declined a fight in response. I haven't watched too much of Lemmy, but if he can provide even a portion of that energy for the rest of the season then I will be extremely happy with this trade.​

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
The other day I was thinking about that brief period when Iginla joined the team and how much of a fan of his I became. I became such a fan because he was all heart, standing up for his new teammates and getting in fights even though he was 39 years old. It really stood out because there was nobody on the Kings playing that way anymore, this first became noticeable when a rookie was taking runs at our hall of fame defenseman and nobody did a damn thing. Muzzin even politely declined a fight in response. I haven't watched too much of Lemmy, but if he can provide even a portion of that energy for the rest of the season then I will be extremely happy with this trade.​
Lemmy?

lemmy-338x400.jpg

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
I like this move. I see it as a precursor to Blake preparing to call up Byfield/Turcotte/others for their first taste of the NHL, and seeing how the team responded after the Anderson and Roy hits, Blake wants our young guys better protected, and it only costed a 4th.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
100% agreed, I can't wait to see how he looks after a year with this organization.

But the folks clamoring for playing time for him right now...no, he actually hasn't earned it. And I say that as seemingly one of the biggest proponents of the trade.
I think main point about him possibly playing a game on this road trip is that they need to get him into a game early, if he plays. Rather than have him go cold and then play him. He’s played well in Ontario, but I can’t say if he’s earned another look because I don’t know what they’d asked of him whilst he is down there.

Like you I really liked the trade but had hoped to see more by now. However, I don’t think his deployment has been in a way that was ever going to get the best out of him. It’s been very bits and pieces so far, although it would be reasonable to argue he should be making a big enough impression to force Todd’s hand. I’m actually fine with him getting more AHL games until they give him a shot but when he gets one it needs to be for a good half dozen games at least.

Reactions: dick341

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I like the trade, we gave up next to nothing and he brings a different dimension to the team. Wagner kinda tries to be that guy but I'm not sure that's his natural game.

As far as Lemieux blocking other players, I don't see it. He can compete with guys like Wagner, Lizotte Andersson, etc for bottom 6 ice time. Have any of our winger prospects shown they're too good for the AHL? I think they can all benefit from a little more time in Ontario and being thrown on the 4th line isn't exactly ideal imo.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. The move was a complete no-brainer -- especially if it gets MacDermid off the ice.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA

So true. The Engelland fight after the Kopitar hit was on the best enforcing ive seen since McSorley was a King.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So true. The Engelland fight after the Kopitar hit was on the best enforcing ive seen since McSorley was a King.
Not only was he tough but he was PRODUCTIVE.

Everyone thought he was washed up at that point. He definitely could've played one more year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am not a fan of this move, but it is what it is.

I am wondering if this spells the end for Wagner. Does he get waived, or dealt or simply just put up in the press box. If Wagner is in the press box what does that mean for Luff. Roster is getting crowded, especially if Byfield needs to be brought up should the OHL start up.

Ontario case counts are sky rocketing again so maybe OHL does not start.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I am not a fan of this move, but it is what it is.

I am wondering if this spells the end for Wagner. Does he get waived, or dealt or simply just put up in the press box. If Wagner is in the press box what does that mean for Luff. Roster is getting crowded, especially if Byfield needs to be brought up should the OHL start up.

Ontario case counts are sky rocketing again so maybe OHL does not start.

It likely means the end of AA22 this season with him moved for something like a third and fifth round draft pick. And it also likely means the end of Luff after the season as he’s an RFA. Wagner is in the first year of a three year deal. I doubt he goes anywhere for contract and lack of production reasons.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It likely means the end of AA22 this season with him moved for something like a third and fifth round draft pick. And it also likely means the end of Luff after the season as he’s an RFA. Wagner is in the first year of a three year deal. I doubt he goes anywhere for contract and lack of production reasons.

i would be in favor of moving AA out yesterday (forgot Frk is coming back soon too).
I wonder if Lemieux does make Wagner expendable as Lemieux is also signed through next year.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Does anyone else think Lemieux might be expansion bait for Seattle? I'd guess Blake wants to hold on to Andersson and Strand quite a bit given the growth they've shown this year.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Does anyone else think Lemieux might be expansion bait for Seattle? I'd guess Blake wants to hold on to Andersson and Strand quite a bit given the growth they've shown this year.
Unless he suddenly starts tearing it up -- not a chance. Seattle will take either Strand or Walker -- depending on which one is not protected.

Reactions: BringTheReign

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Unless he suddenly starts tearing it up -- not a chance. Seattle will take either Strand or Walker -- depending on which one is not protected.

One would think, although Strand still doesn't have a lot of tape on him.

Don't underestimate the power of entertainment value for an expansion team. Seattle isn't like going into Nashville in 1998 as far as hockey goes but, still, they might like the grit etc...that Lemieux brings.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
One would think, although Strand still doesn't have a lot of tape on him.

Don't underestimate the power of entertainment value for an expansion team. Seattle isn't like going into Nashville in 1998 as far as hockey goes but, still, they might like the grit etc...that Lemieux brings.
Like others, I would be jumping up and down for joy if they took a guy for a 4th round pick.

Reactions: lumbergh

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
He’s more of an agitator than a tough guy. What I’m hoping for is a guy who will make borderline dirty plays immediately against a guy like M Tkachuk instead of Tkachuk making those plays against, say, Drew Doughty.

MacDermid I feel is more tough guy than agitator. I’m hoping if he gets to play, he can actually play the game and develop a bit rather than focus on the other team’s shenanigans when he is barely in the NHL.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I would have loved prime Iginla in LA, hell, I’d have taken him at 30 - very happily.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Team toughness and pack mentality was mostly gone by then, at least when compared to the golden years. It was embarrassing to have an old man step up when the rest of the team looked the other way for most of the season. Much respect to Iginla for handling it. The Kings are probably even softer now, hard to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->