Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Wow, as a Ranger's fan I cant say how much further from the truth this is.

He's tough as shit and is definitely not a "dirty" player. Definitely a bit of a pest but not overboard.

Congrats to you guys, this trade makes no sense for the Rangers. He will fill it very nicely in your bottom 6.
Welcome to the Kings board.:laugh:

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Is Hoven for real?

Do we need a player like this? Ask Matt Roy why we need Lemieux. Would of been nice for someone on the Wild to pay for that dirty hit. Imagine getting steamrolled in the boards and later find out that no one stood up for you? We are trying to build a team that plays for one another, we ain't contending if we don't.
Hoven was saying this move is more of "We're Pushing For The Playoffs" type move,not riding out a season.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
At the price and given our picks I am a little indifferent, but I don’t really see the need for him. He might bring an element that we didn’t have, but I am not sure it was one we needed. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this move pans out.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
At the price and given our picks I am a little indifferent, but I don’t really see the need for him. He mind bring an element that we didn’t have, but I am not sure it was one we needed. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this move pans out.
We've enough picks and need established players to mix in the roster.Toughness is a huge hole this roster has and it was filled cheap with a 4th rd pick.Blake stated his goal was for the team to make the playoffs.Blake is slowly taking off the training wheels.Have faith my old friend from LGK.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
If you hadn’t realized that this team needed a scrappy fourth line winger, you haven’t been paying attention. This means MacDermid will be seeing more of the press box, which is s good thing for the Kings.

Plugging a gaping hole for a fourth round pick? Rob Blake must have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So what are we guessing?

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Carter - Athanasiou
Grundstrom - Anderson-Dolan - Vilardi
Lemieux - Lizotte - Moore

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Clague - Walker

Reactions: deaderhead28

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Put another move into the dumpster diving category for Blake.

People are making it out to be something more than that for whatever reason. This is dumpster diving. Nothing more, nothing less. I just dislike the fact this dude is gonna take a roster spot that could be used for a better player (which we have)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Can't wait for him to be a dumbass liability, going to the box over and over

Strap in baby. MacDermids only ability is being forgotten because he sucks at everything else. Expect the same complaints.

DISCLAIMER IF THIS MEANS MACDERMID WILL NEVER SEE ICE I WILL LOVE THIS DEAL

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclones22

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don’t see an issue at all with this move, call it dumpster diving if you want but he definitely addresses a need. We need that sandpaper type (as someone else put it) which nobody else can do, not only on the roster but in the system as a whole. Wagner tries at times to do it a little but he’s not effective at it and is not as good as player. For those saying he’s taking someone’s spot... who? Who is a 4LW? Grundstrom maybe but he can play his off wing and right now he’s playing as 3LW. So who else is he blocking? Turcotte certainly won’t be coming up to play on the 4th line.

It also allows us to move on from Luff and/or Wagner without rushing anybody. For a 4th rd pick and a cheap contract, it’s really good value. He also fits the age range where we are a little short and in 18 months if he’s not working out we can let him go and essentially lose nothing because we don’t need picks, as we have way to many prospects.

It’s a low risk move that fills a role that is currently unfilled even if it’s just for a short time. I understand not being excited about it, but I can’t see why anyone would be against it.

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
You probably don't protect him. If the Kings walk away from Seattle's draft and only lose something they gave a 4th rounder for we should be happy. I mean I'd rather they give away a 4th rounder than Clague or Strand, for instance.

Reactions: funky

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I mean honestly who do you protect?

Kopitar, Iafallo, Kempe, Grundstrum, Moore, Lemieux, Athanasiou? Maybe Lizotte over Grundstrum? Do they not protect Iafallo as a UFA? Or do they manage to deal Iafallo for a dman?

Reactions: deaderhead28

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
People are making it out to be something more than that for whatever reason. This is dumpster diving. Nothing more, nothing less. I just dislike the fact this dude is gonna take a roster spot that could be used for a better player (which we have)

Nothing wrong with dumpster diving, every tactic has its place, time, pros, and cons. Trading the second for Lias A. was an expensive dumpster dive explained as a reclamation project. I liked it because it fit with the idea of building for a post cup core roster.

Signing AA22 was dumpster diving. But as a hedge on Wagner and Luff, the commitment didn’t block prospects from getting NHL games, so it was fine.

I see this trade being made to try and change the direction of this season by adding a certain type of energy to the roster. If the Kings had collected a couple more points in the past week, I don’t think this trade happens. The last straw was the Coyotes jumped ahead of the Kings after they lit up Martin Jones for more goals on 28 shots than the Kings got out of 86 shots.

The next time the Kings give up the first goal will be BL’s time to shine. Which is kind of pathetic when you would expect your highly paid, grizzled cup vets to show the kids how to respond when down early.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So what are we guessing?

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Carter - Athanasiou
Grundstrom - Anderson-Dolan - Vilardi
Lemieux - Lizotte - Moore

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Clague - Walker

This is probably the best lineup the Kings can ice, maybe switch Moore and Grundstrom as Moore has been more impactful this season and has made every line he plays on better. The Kings really have to try and get Vilardi going again, he was playing really well and everyone was really excited and then looked like 36 year old Getzlaf for a couple of weeks, and TM started to play him less as a result. Hopefully the last couple of games show he is coming out of the funk. I think him, JAD and Moore could make a really good 3rd line.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I mean honestly who do you protect?

Kopitar, Iafallo, Kempe, Grundstrum, Moore, Lemieux, Athanasiou? Maybe Lizotte over Grundstrum? Do they not protect Iafallo as a UFA? Or do they manage to deal Iafallo for a dman?

I expect more moves before the TDL but as of today I would go with:

Kopitar - Iaffallo - Kempe - Moore - Grundstrom - Andersson - Anathasiou
Doughty - Roy - Walker
Petersen

In this scenario, I expect one of these players will get selected:
Wagner, Frk, Lemieux, Lizotte, Amadio, Luff, Clague, Maatta, Strand, Quick (Brown\Carter won't even be considered because of age. Note: Brown was not protected vs Vegas)

Honestly, we'll survive losing any of these 4th line forwards. We can replace the one lost with a prospect or cheap UFA.
Clague or Strand will hurt the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad