Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not trying to act like I know or have experience....but we're talking about guys taking fists to the face, being slammed to the ice, etc. Can't imagine you have a whole lot of time to really think about your next move when you are in that situation.

I understand biting someone in a life-or-death/fight-or-flight situation. But as professionals who are used to body contact, and Lemieux used to getting in scrums and face washes, I would expect him to be de-sensitized to that type of response.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I understand biting someone in a life-or-death/fight-or-flight situation. But as professionals who are used to body contact, and Lemieux used to getting in scrums and face washes, I would expect him to be de-sensitized to that type of response.

You know, Mike Rupp brought this up yesterday, and basically said if you fish hook someone [him] or eye gouge them in a scrum like that , all bet are off and the rules go out the door. He said he's doing whatever it take to get you to stop.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
You know, Mike Rupp brought this up yesterday, and basically said if you fish hook someone [him] or eye gouge them in a scrum like that , all bet are off and the rules go out the door. He said he's doing whatever it take to get you to stop.
Agreed. IF your eye is getting gouged then you are free to do whatever is required. However, if it was no more than a face wash it’s unacceptable, even if we understand it. The only 2 that know 100% what happened are Lemieux and Tkachuk so it’s essentially time to move on. Given the way the team have backed him I’m happy to give Lemieux a little more rope and hope he shows he can continue to be a difference maker.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

With both hands allegedly being bitten, and nobody from the Kings side revealing it (since fish hooks and eye gouges are very dangerous), I'm not sure I'd say it's safe or fair to assume either happened. Not saying it didn't happen, but I would expect the Kings to do what they could to a) mitigate Lemieux's suspension and b) raise awareness for dangerous behavior if it's occurring on the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
With both hands allegedly being bitten, and nobody from the Kings side revealing it (since fish hooks and eye gouges are very dangerous), I'm not sure I'd say it's safe or fair to assume either happened. Not saying it didn't happen, but I would expect the Kings to do what they could to a) mitigate Lemieux's suspension and b) raise awareness for dangerous behavior if it's occurring on the ice.

I don't think they would reveal it because A. it looks like an excuse/justification and 'look what he did first' and B. have they released a statement at all? I think they just don't want to publicly say a damn word or they'll get lightning-rodded by the stupid ass Canadian media again.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I don't think they would reveal it because A. it looks like an excuse/justification and 'look what he did first' and B. have they released a statement at all? I think they just don't want to publicly say a damn word or they'll get lightning-rodded by the stupid ass Canadian media again.

Lemieux isn't a whiny bitch like Tkachuk, that's why it'll never be revealed. Doesn't need to act like a complete STOOGE after the game to the media.

Reactions: lumbergh

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I'm just saying, eye-gouging and fishhooking are dangerous. If they want to protect Lemieux/other players, you'd think that would get called out.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm just saying, eye-gouging and fishhooking are dangerous. If they want to protect Lemieux/other players, you'd think that would get called out.

I 100% agree, I"m just thinking they did it privately in the meeting is all. Since the whole meeting was presumably about 'non-hockey' action.

I mean I can't make it out 100% but I think it's a fair assumption Tkachuk was doing SOMETHING like that given the claw he made in and around Pepe's face, and it would easily explain why--between that and the shots from behind the refs--why he was seeing red.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad