Bo Horvat vs. Nazem Kadri

Who's better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Cherry picking and distorting again Zeke. In the three years after he was drafted, Kadri played 51 games and had 19 points and was spending most of his time in the minors. Horvat had played 150 games and 60 points.

I guess.

I was comparing Bo's 2 best and most recent seasons with Kadri at the same age. Seems apples to apples to me.

But we can compare them at ages 19-20 too, if you want, even with Kadri's tiny sample. And we can debate the genius of the Ronnie Wilson / Dallas Eakins braintrust that actually tried to turn Kadri into a winger even when he was dominating the AHL as a center, and the Leafs had no centers to speak of.

19-20

Kadri: 30gms, ES 12:53 (C+ qc), 1.55p/60, 1.09p1/60, 49.3cf% (+2.7), 49.1xgf% (+2.0) / PP 2:29, 1.60p/60, 0.80p1/60
Horvat: 150gms, ES 12:00 (C+ qc), 1.53p/60, 1.13p1/60, 45.4cf% (-3.2), 44.6xgf% (-1.4) / PP 1:04, 4.06p/60, 3.69p1/60

So even then, while RonnieWilson/DallasEakins in all their genius wouldn't give this guy any opportunity, Kadri had very similar usage as Horvat at Even Strength, and matched him offensively while being a far better possession player. (Admittedly, Kadri did nothing on the PP in those 30gms.)

Does Kadri's line there look like someone who should have been kept in the AHL (where he was already a ppg player)? I think the answer is pretty obvious. RonnieWilsonDallasEakins, wherever they're working now, I'm sure still disagree.

Reactions: iSophagus

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh. It's true.

He'd obviously never beat out Matthews, Tavares or Kadri. He'd be on Toronto's 4th line.

Fact.
Oh for sure. The Leafs are the most stacked team since the Oiler dynasty.
:laugh:
You’ve never seen a Leaf poll yet where you didn’t choose the Leaf and say AINEC!
You crack me up!
Fuuniest poster on the board!

Last edited:

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Also, here are some UN-advanced stats from the last 2 seasons, worth noting.......

GOALS
Kadri - 64
Horvat - 42

Horvat - 96
The past 2 years.. the same 2 years that Kadri had career seasons? Because before that it looked like he was putting up numbers comparable or worse to Horvats. Bo is also nearly 5 years younger and projecting much better. The poll is very clearly showing who people regard as the better player here.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I think Kadri is the better player right now. I also don’t know how he’s going to get 30 goals again with third line minutes. Sure he might play top PP, but who’s going to score more often? Kadri or Matthews, Tavares, Marner?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Because scoring goals is what makes a difference in winning and losing.

But there's a lot more that goes into those goals than simply who scores them. I think Kadri is currently better when you look at the rest of the numbers as well, I just find it odd to rely so heavily on goal totals without context. It's not like anyone considers Laine the 2nd best player in the league last season.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Or maybe most posters think Horvat is the better player? Nah that can't be it....

Coming from the same guy that went on record by saying "Da Leafz bein eliminated from playoffz is better than sex...durrrrr!!!"

Yeah, you're not really a paragon of objectivity when it comes to the Leafs.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Kadri is BY FAR the better player, and will absolutely feast this season, with all those other Leaf players drawing all the attention. Another 30/30 season is coming for Kadri........probably better.

Horvat? Well, not so much.
Why would you create a poll where you have such a strong opinion on who should win?

Are you looking for confirmation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad