Bo Horvat vs. Nazem Kadri

Who's better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Kadri has not played well this season at all. The entire Leafs team has been bad really.

Up until this terrible season, Kadri with back to back 32 goal seasons has been way better than Horvat.
What matters is who is better now. Kadri is 5 years older than Horvat, so of course he's going to have been the better player up until this point.

Now that Horvat is hitting his stride and trending toward #1C territory, I think the debate is over.

Reactions: Katani Kalan

E40

Nov 18, 2018
Lol Prime opportunities and Horvat in the same sentence is pretty funny, unless it's opposite day.

There was a time this very season he was nearly 100 faceoffs more than the next player in the NHL. It was automatic with every defensive zone start.

Was thinking how well his season would be going if Sutter and Beagle hadn't missed so much and Bo could focus on his play alone and not do all the heavy lifting for the team. Surely, I would think he would have more points

He would literally take a faceoff for every other line on the team as well not too mention the PK

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
It was a debate at end of last year but at this point now it's not even close. Horvat is trending up and Kadri has peaked already. Taking into age nobody should be taking Kadri now over Horvat. I'd also like to add Kadri is a good player not knocking him but Horvat is really taking a jump this year.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
That comment right there proves that you had absolutely no intention of this thread being an honest debate...Its just a vehicle for you to get into a pissing match with Canuck fans (which you seem to thrive on).
Are you kidding me? Horvat would either be third or fourth line centre based on a coin flip. That’s just the reality of our depth.

Horvat definitely better so far this season but I feel they’ll be comparable throughout there careers

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Are you kidding me? Horvat would either be third or fourth line centre based on a coin flip. That’s just the reality of our depth.

Horvat definitely better so far this season but I feel they’ll be comparable throughout there careers
Lol!
[mod] Some of you already think you’re like the Oiler or Hab dynasty teams in terms of depth.
Horvat is miles better than Kadri. In every way. It’s not close or even debatable.
Who the heck cares what Kadri’s done in his career. We’re talking currently. Horvat has taken a big step every year and he’s taken another one this year.
If you watched teams other than the Leafs you’d realize that there are lots of good young players in the NHL. Heck some of them don’t even where the blue and white uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Lol!
[mod] Some of you already think you’re like the Oiler or Hab dynasty teams in terms of depth.
Horvat is miles better than Kadri. In every way. It’s not close or even debatable. If you watched teams other than the Leafs you’d realize that there are lots of good young players in the NHL. Heck some of them don’t even where the blue and white uniform.

d4b3ed0fb9b34ab87c133ead273f6758.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation

i dont even know what to say to this other than you have no idea what you're talking about. Also just sounds like it stings for you guys admit that horvat is better as everyone with any credibility projected and its not close.

The only forwards on the leafs that are better than Horvat currently are Matthews, Marner and possibly Tavares.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh.

Any GM in the league would take the proven 30 goal/60 point guy on his 3rd line in a heartbeat. And as you suggested in a fit of comedic flare earlier...........that's not debatable.
Nope. Not one GM would take Kadri over Horvat. Not even your own GM. Kadri is just not that good a player anymore.
Sorry to break it to you. Maybe you can trade in your Kadri jersey for a Marner one and get a discount before it’s too late.

Mar 26, 2010
What matters is who is better now. Kadri is 5 years older than Horvat, so of course he's going to have been the better player up until this point.

Now that Horvat is hitting his stride and trending toward #1C territory, I think the debate is over.
Horvat is a #1??

He would be the 4th line C in Toronto. Legit.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
i dont even know what to say to this other than you have no idea what you're talking about. Also just sounds like it stings for you guys admit that horvat is better as everyone with any credibility projected and its not close.

The only forwards on the leafs that are better than Horvat currently are Matthews, Marner and possibly Tavares.
Well two of those players are centres genius so third or fourth line centre.

Kadri has been better until this year, so I don’t understand why this such a surprise to you.

Edit: I just noticed you said possibly Tavares LOLLL :laugh: in what world is Bo Friggin Horvat in the same league as Tavares lmaooo

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Kadri has been better until this year, so I don’t understand why this such a surprise to you.

Edit: I just noticed you said possibly Tavares LOLLL :laugh: in what world is Bo Friggin Horvat in the same league as Tavares lmaooo
False. Kadri has not been better than Horvat up to this year.
You’re on a roll.
:laugh:

As of this year Horvat looks like a 70 point player and Kadri will need to pick up the pace to crack 40 points on a stacked Leaf team where even the Zamboni driver gets a few secondary assists.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation

yeah... and I also said "currently", you can argue either one right now. Horvat would have more than 32 points if he was in Tavares situation.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad