Bo Horvat vs. Nazem Kadri

Who's better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Horvat plays almost 5 minutes more a night and Kadri has been snake bitten. It’s a lot easier to score when your given prime opportunities on bad teams

Is 38% O-Zone starts and 61% D-Zone starts a “prime opportunity”? Kadri gets more offensive zone starts and less defensive zone starts by the way.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Horvat plays almost 5 minutes more a night and Kadri has been snake bitten. It’s a lot easier to score when your given prime opportunities on bad teams

Playing heavy defensive minutes while Sutter and Beagle were out with Tim f***ing Schaller on your wing isn't prime opportunities but ok

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can we adjust Kadri’s points by the ‘snake bitten’ factor then.
I’m not sure if you’ve watched the Canucks but Horvat is the guy playing the heavy defensive minutes on the team due to injuries. He may still lead the league in faceoffs taken, I haven’t checked recently.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Horvat has been maintaining a 70 point pace for pretty much the entire season (currently on pace for ~72 points). His current stat projection for the season is 36-36-72. I'm not sure that he actually hits 70 points, but 65 is looking like a fair estimate right now.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
It was certainly closer when this poll was made, but Kadri hasn't really looked himself for majority of the year, and Horvat has been great.

Voted Bo at the start of the year, and that gap is only larger for me now.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Horvat has been better than Kadri this year and the gap will continue to widen from here on out. Not close for me.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Playing heavy defensive minutes while Sutter and Beagle were out with Tim ****ing Schaller on your wing isn't prime opportunities but ok

And Kadri doesn't even kill penalties lol. I thought he was a two way C. He averages 0 seconds of sh time.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Horvat has been maintaining a 70 point pace for pretty much the entire season (currently on pace for ~72 points). His current stat projection for the season is 36-36-72. I'm not sure that he actually hits 70 points, but 65 is looking like a fair estimate right now.

So on basically on par?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
So on basically on par?

On par with what? I don't understand.
It's also worth mentioning that Horvat's linemates have been pretty egregious this year. He spent a lot of time with Schaller for a while. Now he's playing with Goldobin and Virtanen - they aren't terrible by any means, but they'd likely be 3rd liners on most teams.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mar 26, 2010
Kadri has not played well this season at all. The entire Leafs team has been bad really.

Up until this terrible season, Kadri with back to back 32 goal seasons has been way better than Horvat.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Kadri has not played well this season at all. The entire Leafs team has been bad really.

Up until this terrible season, Kadri with back to back 32 goal seasons has been way better than Horvat.

The Canucks have struggled mightily, including an 8 game losing streak and losing 12 out of 13 games recently. So your excuse about the team playing bad actually applies more to Horvat than it does to Kadri. Kadri also has Marleau and Nylander as linemates now, which is a big upgrade on Goldobin and Virtanen (and Schaller ffs). Kadri also gets to play with Tavares, Matthews, Rielly, and Marner on the first unit PP, which is an upgrade on Leivo, Boeser, Pettersson, and Edler.

Kadri put up his two 30+ goal seasons when he was 26 and 27 years old. Horvat is 23 years old and is on pace for 36 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad