• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Ah, only weak opinions are welcome......if they don't match yours, right?
No, thats not the point at all.

You created a poll to see how others compared the two players, with your mind already made up who you thought was the better one.

If Kadri in your mind is "BY FAR" the better player, why would you compare him to Horvat? Why not another player that also is "BY FAR" better than Horvat, maybe a guy like Barkov?

But then I look at the poll results and I think maybe your judgement is the problem.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
No, thats not the point at all.

You created a poll to see how others compared the two players, with your mind already made up who you thought was the better one.

If Kadri in your mind is "BY FAR" the better player, why would you compare him to Horvat? Why not another player that also is "BY FAR" better than Horvat, maybe a guy like Barkov?

But then I look at the poll results and I think maybe your judgement is the problem.

Because I have an opinion on the question? Seems super simple, and easy enough to understand.

Don't care for my opinion?

Meh?

:)

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Easily Kadri right now.

Bo has the potential to surpass him but until he actually does Kadri has proven himself to be superior on both ends of the ice

Mar 26, 2010
Shut this one down. Lopsided result. As it should be.
It should be lopsided in favour of Kadri.

Horvat is a 20 goal scorer. His entire career high goals ranges from 13-22 goals! lol.. He is a 40 point guy.

Kadri is a proven multiple 30 + goal scorer 60 + point center that shuts down the best players in the NHL.

This poll makes no sense.

Reactions: bionic

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It should be lopsided in favour of Kadri.

Horvat is a 20 goal scorer. His entire career high goals ranges from 13-22 goals! lol.. He is a 40 point guy.

Kadri is a proven multiple 30 + goal scorer 60 + point center that shuts down the best players in the NHL.

This poll makes no sense.

If you're going to call Horvat a 40 point guy then you have to call Kadri a 50 point player. He hit 61 one time and he's a proven 60+ point center?

Horvat hit 55 once and you call him a 40 point center. Double standard.

Mar 26, 2010
If you're going to call Horvat a 40 point guy then you have to call Kadri a 50 point player. He hit 61 one time and he's a proven 60+ point center?

Horvat hit 55 once and you call him a 40 point center. Double standard.

You are not telling the truth here, He hit 52 ONCE, with 20 goals that season. His best season to that is 44 points. Come on!

Kadri is coming off back to back 32 goal seasons while playing against the NHL's best... shutting them down.

Very funny poll. One is not the same as the other.

I am done here.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
You are not telling the truth here, He hit 52 ONCE, with 20 goals that season. His best season to that is 44 points. Come on!

Kadri is coming off back to back 32 goal seasons while playing against the NHL's best... shutting them down.

Very funny poll. One of not the same as the other.

I am done here.

You're right I misread Horvat's total. 52 instead of 55.

But it's still disingenuous to call Kadri a proven 60 point center when he's hit it once, and in the same breath calling Horvat a 40 point center, when he's cleared 50 once.

If you want to compare the two don't try to lie and widen the gap.

Horvat is younger and had improved every season. If you've been around hf for any amount of time you know that the younger player usually gets the nod and picks/prospects have astronomical value.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
These comparisons are never cut and dried...too many variables!
That said it must be the 'going forward' part that is getting Horvat the votes.
The proven performances thus far in each career is not really an even comparison at all! Horvat is a fine young player ,but has a very tough road ahead to match what Kadri has accomplished. Lets see if Bo scores 32 against the same type of competition one time first.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I am done here.
You say Kadri is a proven 60+ point player? He's hit that once too.

Thank god you're done here.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Unless this is heavily weighted to "future", I'm struggling with how this isn't Kadri?

Kadri faces tougher competition and in the past couple years has a similar 5v5 P/60 and a superior PP P/60. In addition, he's scored 30G+ twice (plus 18 in 48 during the shortened season), has 1 60 point season, two 50 point seasons, and a 44 point (48 gp) season in the lockout shortened season. He's shown he can play on bad teams, good teams, an offensive role, a defensive role and plays with an edge.

If you were to ask me which guy I'd want to win today, I'd take Kadri without hesitation. And that's by no means a knock on Horvat, who is an excellent player in his own right.

Struggle no more. This is an HFBoards poll involving a Toronto player. Everything is going normally.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Canucks fans should ignore the troll stating Horvat is a 40pt player at best. Most leaf fans don't feel that way.

I think Horvat will probably cement himself as the better player as soon as this year. But as of now, I'd say Kadri now, Horvat future. Kadri is just insanely underrated for what he brings.

To be honest with you, I'd rather have Kadri over Nylander if that puts things into perspective.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I am done here.

Does this mean you agree with [mod] who call Matthews a 60 point center? Because thats the same logic

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad