Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Since everyone knows Patches is being traded and could possibly go for a reasonable price, I was thinking he might be a good rental if he makes it to the TDL still with montreal. I am assuming of course Panarin would either be to expensive or already unavailable. We've never actually tried to whole get a legit scorer at the TDL for a play off run before.
I wouldn't mind Patches, but where is he going to play? We already have like 27 left wingers. Plus, he had a bit of a down year last year and is now turning 30. He might be on the downslope of his career. Do we really want to give up futures for someone in that situation?

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
If they are interested in trading us Pacioretty without getting Kyrou or Thomas (which we didn't trade them for O'Reilly for gods sake, we sure aren't for Max P) then I wouldn't really be against it, just know if we o it we are likely playing Alex Steen on RW for the season.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I don't want anything to do with Pacioretty, if he doesn't bounce back, I don't see how he's much of an improvement on our current LWs. And if he does bounce back, it'll be a hefty price to pay, especially given the lack of a 2019 1st.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don’t know if we’ll go after Panarin, but I’d offer something around Steen+Kyrou+pick(s).

Even though I expect Allen to bounce back, I still wouldn’t be upset with an Allen+Gunnarsson+pick for Schneider deal. We’d upgrade in goal and get another million+ to sign Edmundson. I think both goalies would be better off in their new places as well.

Imagine this lol

Panarin-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Maroon
Barbashev-Thomas-Soshnikov
Jaskin, Sundqvist/Sanford

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Schneider
Johnson
Why exactly would NJ do that?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I cant think of a package I would offer for Pacioretty that MTL would accept. I’m not including Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin or Bokk. It would have to be Walman + Foley + Blais + Steen (cap dump). Sorry Steen, but Patches is better than you.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I thought New Jersey back up outplayed Schneider last year?

Not saying they would want Gun and Allen for him considering the Premuim they paid to Vancouver for him.

What would they want though?
I'm no expect on Schneider, but that's what I remembered. He did rebound somewhat towards the end, but I honestly think he's on the downswing on his career.

Blues would still have to give up significant value for him and Allen+Gunn+pick isnt going to cut it.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'm no expect on Schneider, but that's what I remembered. He did rebound somewhat towards the end, but I honestly think he's on the downswing on his career.

Blues would still have to give up significant value for him and Allen+Gunn+pick isnt going to cut it.
KInda a tough break for Corey, by the time he gets put in a situation to be the man he only had like 3-4 Top 5 starter years left. Wasn't he 28 when Van finally traded him from his backup spot to NJ #1?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Since everyone knows Patches is being traded and could possibly go for a reasonable price, I was thinking he might be a good rental if he makes it to the TDL still with montreal. I am assuming of course Panarin would either be to expensive or already unavailable. We've never actually tried to whole get a legit scorer at the TDL for a play off run before.

Blues learn how to clone Hall-of-Fame players at every position but goalie, raise them to their prime and come up with this team:

Forward (14):

Prime Messier - Prime Gretzky - Prime Selanne
Prime Ovechkin - Prime Lemieux - Prime Jagr
Prime Robitaille - Prime McDavid - Prim Bure
Prime Neely - Prime Yzerman - Prime Hull
Prime Howe, Prime Sakic

Defense (7)

Prime Borque - Prime Orr
Prime Pronger - Prime MacInnis
Prime Lidstrom - Prime Chelios
Prime Leetch

Goalie(2):

Very thin cardboard cut-out with a goalie painted on it
The actor who played Goldberg in the mighty ducks movie

<Blues fans look at line-up and say> "Do you think we should trade for another forward?"

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Blues learn how to clone Hall-of-Fame players at every position but goalie, raise them to their prime and come up with this team:

Forward (14):

Prime Messier - Prime Gretzky - Prime Selanne
Prime Ovechkin - Prime Lemieux - Prime Jagr
Prime Robitaille - Prime McDavid - Prim Bure
Prime Neely - Prime Yzerman - Prime Hull
Prime Howe, Prime Sakic

Defense (7)

Prime Borque - Prime Orr
Prime Pronger - Prime MacInnis
Prime Lidstrom - Prime Chelios
Prime Leetch

Goalie(2):

Very thin cardboard cut-out with a goalie painted on it
The actor who played Goldberg in the mighty ducks movie

<Blues fans look at line-up and say> "Do you think we should trade for another forward?"

That’s funny and also an important point. I think we best not be a cap team this year from start to finish. If we make a deal this summer it should be something like Gunnar for the cap space and a pick.

By necessity, we’re going to ride with Allen this season, but let’s not let all the cliches and talk about him being our guy here delude us. There’s a decent chance the forward depth is everything we hope and need, and the goaltending is what lets us all down. We may need a parachute, and we may need the cap space to get a goalie that provides that parachute.

Reactions: simon IC

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Panarin has given CBJ a September 13th deadline to get any kind of contract talks done. He has already refused to negotiate further with CBJ, so I’m guessing this is in regards to a sign-and-trade. Kekalainen is reportedly looking for impact roster players, and would prefer that to futures. Apparently there is a list of 8 or so teams that Panarin has already considered going to in FA that would meet his needs for hockey and family. This is according to Portzline’s Athletic article, Panarin’s agent, and possibly some other things I read earlier that I can’t remember the source; mostly the “8 teams” with the latter.

Unless a Panarin-equivalent goalie is out there, I don’t think it’s ridiculous to want to add him to the team given that he is both a now and future move. STL should be making a pitch - I don’t think CBJ is in a position to just run out the clock and trade him at the TDL. We can’t provide the most interesting roster player package, but our futures package might be far more appealing considering conference, ability to get him to sign, and value of the pieces.

Дэн Мильштейн: Или решайте все с Панариным до 13 сентября, или ждите еще год

On Monday, negotiations were held in Nice Panarin and his agent Dan Milstein with the general manager of "Columbus" with Jarmo Kekelainenom. The hockey player has designated the point of view, that now is not ready to prolong the contract with "Blue Jackets". That is, now the club must either exchange its superstar, or in a year it will lose it just like that.

A very intriguing story would be returning to Chicago, but as far as I know, the probability of this is zero. Personally, I wonder if Panarin - a guy with a character - will return to where he, in fact, betrayed. Refused from the player in order to ram out the payroll. Now you can bite your elbows, especially "Chicago" did not get into the playoffs. But it is unlikely that Artemije will enter the same river for the second time.

From my point of view, the ideal option would be to go to Tampa, where Panarin would be given about $ 9.5 million a year - like Nikita Kucherov. And he would play in a link with Kucherov and center forward Steven Stamkos. It would be a bomb triple! Yes, and "Tampa" is now almost the main contender for the Stanley Cup. But as I know, Panarin outlined a number of clubs, in one of which I would like to be in the next 7-8 years. Not only play there, but also live, build a family, raise children. In general, drop anchor.

But there is a risk that Panarin can spend the next season not in the team where he sees his future. Right now, "Columbus" will exchange it for some outsider club ... - I continue the conversation with Milstein. - The probability of this is. But in principle, this club should understand that if Artemia takes it, then he will be ready to sign a long-term contract there. Although there are different options. You can take a player for a year to go with him for the Stanley Cup. Or stay in the "Columbus", and in February for Panarina will receive draft peaks and something else. Or leave until the end of the season. The strategy can be completely different.

A long-term contract is probable for seven to eight years," says Milstein. - At the same time, I emphasize that Artemy does not chase money at all. This is for him - not the main priority. Important place where he wants to play. "Bring me the biggest contract" - Panarin does not live by this principle at all

There is something similar here. But I will say this: at the height of the season Artemiy wants not to negotiate a contract, but to play hockey. And if there is any decision - either in favor of "Columbus", or exchange to another team - then it must be accepted until September 13, when the training camp "Blue Jackets" will open. Well, or the decision will be after the season. We are talking about what depends on Panarin. And it's specifically about a long-term contract. He wants to do his job and be the best on ice.

We communicate with Artem every day. He perfectly understands that he can be exchanged. Perhaps one day it will happen. But in the middle of the season to arrange a "circus with horses" - this is wrong. Therefore, I repeat: Panarin and I decided that we will negotiate with Columbus or another club only before the opening of the camp. If this does not happen before September 13, then everything is postponed to the next summer. The only way.

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Columbus would want Schwartz or Schenn or ROR as a return for Panarin, I'd imagine.
I'd consider any, since Panarin is better than them all.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Columbus would want Schwartz or Schenn or ROR as a return for Panarin, I'd imagine.
I'd consider any, since Panarin is better than them all.
They might want that, but I don’t think that the situation with Panarin will allow them to realize that. Most teams that want him and he wants to be on will be looking to add to their core - not subtract. The teams that are willing to trade now pieces won’t likely be places he will do a sign-and-trade, and therefore the futures from a sign-and-trade from another team become more valuable than a long rental deal with roster players.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Lol, the Panarin obsession in here reminds me of the Kariya hysteria back in the day. It seems like some would trade any player on the roster and any prospect for him. I don't get it.

Reactions: Novacain

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Lol, the Panarin obsession in here reminds me of the Kariya hysteria back in the day. It seems like some would trade any player on the roster and any prospect for him. I don't get it.

Top 10 winger in the league, offensive mega star that can drive the play on his line and makes everyone around him better...what's not to get???

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

Top 10 winger in the league, offensive mega star that can drive the play on his line and makes everyone around him better...what's not to get???

One year remaining on contract, almost a sure bet to have no interest in re-signing. That is what's not to get.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
One year remaining on contract, almost a sure bet to have no interest in re-signing. That is what's not to get.
How do you know he won't resign?
You don't think coming here, where his best friend is and then going on to play on a team that makes a deep run could have any persuasion on him?
It's obvious we're trying to win now with the moves this offseason and Panarin is a guy who will certainly help us win now.
Offer something that's reasonable on our side and could be enough for the Jackets. If they say no or we get outbid, we didn't lose anything.
We get him, our chances at a cup instantly sky rocket. If we go on a deep run, then he walks, so be it. That's the business. If he re-signs then all the better.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Shortening the window when we already have a great forward core AND great forward prospects for a rental is dumb. We still are not in just "Win Now" mode, we are in "Win Now AND Later" mode. If we were in win now mode we'd have made the O'Reilly move for Thomas or Kyrou much earlier instead of haggled them down to Thompson.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You don't think coming here, where his best friend is and then going on to play on a team that makes a deep run could have any persuasion on him?
It's obvious we're trying to win now with the moves this offseason and Panarin is a guy who will certainly help us win now.
Offer something that's reasonable on our side and could be enough for the Jackets. If they say no or we get outbid, we didn't lose anything.
We get him, our chances at a cup instantly sky rocket. If we go on a deep run, then he walks, so be it. That's the business. If he re-signs then all the better.
I know everyone wants to dismiss JRs articles, but DA did inquire about Panarin and its been silence ever sense

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
So after improving our offense, the way to "win now" is to add even more offense? Perhaps we should focus instead on improving our goaltending, and improving (by way of coaching!) our special teams? No amount of added offense is going to help us if, (or rather when), Allen has one of his extended funks. Are our new forwards going to coach themselves into a cohesive PP? Our PK, and overall team defense is also going to take a hit as a result of our roster moves. (Although nobody else seems to be concerned about this). I think these issues need to be addressed before we spend more assets on Panarin or Pacioretty.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
So after improving our offense, the way to "win now" is to add even more offense? Perhaps we should focus instead on improving our goaltending, and improving (by way of coaching!) our special teams? No amount of added offense is going to help us if, (or rather when), Allen has one of his extended funks. Are our new forwards going to coach themselves into a cohesive PP? Our PK, and overall team defense is also going to take a hit as a result of our roster moves. (Although nobody else seems to be concerned about this). I think these issues need to be addressed before we spend more assets on Panarin or Pacioretty.

DA has already made it crystal clear that we're riding out Allens contract so stop with the "fix the goaltending" stuff. It's not going to happen bar some epic failure even worse than we've already seen. Coaching also has nothing to do with acquiring talent. If you were able to add Patches or Panarin to our current line up I would have to say without a doubt we'd be one of the scariest teams in the league and at the very very least extremely fun to watch. How many of those games did you enjoy last year with our team only scoring 1 or 2 goals?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
DA has already made it crystal clear that we're riding out Allens contract so stop with the "fix the goaltending" stuff. It's not going to happen bar some epic failure even worse than we've already seen. Coaching also has nothing to do with acquiring talent. If you were able to add Patches or Panarin to our current line up I would have to say without a doubt we'd be one of the scariest teams in the league and at the very very least extremely fun to watch. How many of those games did you enjoy last year with our team only scoring 1 or 2 goals?
I guess that depends on one's perspective. I have been watching hockey for four decades now, and I have seen some very, very exciting 2-1, 1-0 and even 0-0 hockey games. Unfortunately, defense has become synonymous with "boring" in the minds of some modern fans. I will concede, however, that the NHL seems to be deliberately cultivating a fast tempo, higher scoring game. It makes sense, as it caters to the short attention span and the need for instant gratification of the social media generation. I can't help but feel a sense of loss, but ... I guess I'm just getting old. :)

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Panarin's agent is saying that he wants to negotiate a long-term deal with a club where he can anchor down and raise a family, which is exactly the one appeal that St. Louis seemingly has to professional athletes. How unrealistic is it to think that his friend Vladimir Tarasenko, who just had a child (and has a step child), wouldn't be some type of persuasian?

I would think the price without extension would be tolerable enough if we think we can re-sign him. For a signed Panarin at 8/$9.5, a larger deal would obviously have to be made (probably Parayko/Petro/Schwartz as main piece going the other way), but again we're talking about a top-10 offensive talent.

If the deal was Schwartz+ for Panarin locked up, I'd be happy.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad