Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

justmuckit

Feb 25, 2018
Phil Maroon tweeted that the Ponder rumor is false.

I heard the same rumor from a different person 30 minutes before Ponder tweeted it, and it was exactly the same with the exception of the extension.

I can't help but wonder if that's the part Phil is claiming is false.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Phil Maroon tweeted that the Ponder rumor is false.

I heard the same rumor from a different person 30 minutes before Ponder tweeted it, and it was exactly the same with the exception of the extension.

I can't help but wonder if that's the part Phil is claiming is false.
I’m fine with bringing in Maroon on a short deal for under 2M as a fourth liner - the same as I would be for any over 30, slow, big, net-front, LHS, fourth liner.

If Maroon is expected to be and/or signed to be anything other than that, than I hope we stay far away.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017

Looks likes it's happening, JR doesn't report on much that isn't. Suggests in the article that he may take a hometown discount.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Well, not the worst addition. It's nice to have guys who are excited to play for the Blues, even better if we get a good deal.

The one thing that keeps popping into my mind, is you can't have too much depth (ok, there is a limit to everything but you get what I mean). Last offseason people were pretty excited about our potential lineup too, but it never actually happened on the ice because of Fabbri's injury and numerous others. So we should be ready for that this year. When the injuries inevitably occur, it will be nice to have guys like Maroon available to move up rather than counting on guys like Jaskin or forcing rookies into bigger roles too fast like Thompson.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Well, not the worst addition. It's nice to have guys who are excited to play for the Blues, even better if we get a good deal.

The one thing that keeps popping into my mind, is you can't have too much depth (ok, there is a limit to everything but you get what I mean). Last offseason people were pretty excited about our potential lineup too, but it never actually happened on the ice because of Fabbri's injury and numerous others. So we should be ready for that this year. When the injuries inevitably occur, it will be nice to have guys like Maroon available to move up rather than counting on guys like Jaskin or forcing rookies into bigger roles too fast like Thompson.

On top of that, it creates even more competition. Barbashev, Jaskin, Kyrou, and other younger AHL guys will have to REALLY earn it by being actually good. Barbs wants to come in like last season? Have fun in the AHL or on the bench.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
On top of that, it creates even more competition. Barbashev, Jaskin, Kyrou, and other younger AHL guys will have to REALLY earn it by being actually good. Barbs wants to come in like last season? Have fun in the AHL or on the bench.

Right, I used to be all for younger players and prospects getting ice time in the NHL - but they have to earn it.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Montreal looking absolutely desperate for RD. How much do you think Schmaltz could return?

What would you want from that team? They either have pieces that are far too much, like Drouin and their guaranteed lottery 1st rounder, or pieces that are utter crap, like pretty much everything else. Mete would be overpayment, but its the closest thing I'd actually want from them and I'm not sure how much I really want him with Dunn already in the lineup. He's younger but we have more need for depth on the RD side.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just convince them that Gunnarsson can play the right side. On the bottom pairing I'm sure he could do it just fine actually.

We need to see what Schmaltz can do.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Just convince them that Gunnarsson can play the right side. On the bottom pairing I'm sure he could do it just fine actually.

We need to see what Schmaltz can do.
What would you want from that team? They either have pieces that are far too much, like Drouin and their guaranteed lottery 1st rounder, or pieces that are utter crap, like pretty much everything else. Mete would be overpayment, but its the closest thing I'd actually want from them and I'm not sure how much I really want him with Dunn already in the lineup. He's younger but we have more need for depth on the RD side.

Probably something similar to Soshnikov but wouldn't it be better to hold onto cheap talented depth?
I was actually thinking in terms of picks, trying to sneak back in to the 2019 draft. Montreal's picks are likely to be good ones.

cardsfan

May 22, 2013
Fabbri+Parayko+Gunnar+Allen (.925+5.5+2.9+4.35=13.675)
for
Karlsson+Anderson (6.5+4.75=11.25)

Clears up right around the 2mil extra we need to re-sign Edmundson right now (plus keep some air b/w us and the cap).

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Maroon-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
Soshnikov-Barbashev-Jaskin

Edmundson-Karlsson
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Anderson
Johnson

Who says no? Blues become a real Cup contender without sacrificing Kyrou/Thomas. We do sacrifice Parayko but if we can prove to Karlsson he should stay, obviously that's OK (and if not, the chance at the Cup plus keeping our top top prospects in place is worth it). They give up their two best players but that's gonna happen anyway, and this way they get one piece to build around (Parayko) and two pretty good reclamation projects (Allen, Fabbri) that we considered tentpole assets not too long ago.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Fabbri+Parayko+Gunnar+Allen (.925+5.5+2.9+4.35=13.675)
for
Karlsson+Anderson (6.5+4.75=11.25)

Clears up right around the 2mil extra we need to re-sign Edmundson right now (plus keep some air b/w us and the cap).

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Maroon-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Steen-Bozak-Thomas
Soshnikov-Barbashev-Jaskin

Edmundson-Karlsson
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Anderson
Johnson

Who says no? Blues become a real Cup contender without sacrificing Kyrou/Thomas. We do sacrifice Parayko but if we can prove to Karlsson he should stay, obviously that's OK (and if not, the chance at the Cup plus keeping our top top prospects in place is worth it). They give up their two best players but that's gonna happen anyway, and this way they get one piece to build around (Parayko) and two pretty good reclamation projects (Allen, Fabbri) that we considered tentpole assets not too long ago.

Blues say no because an unextended Karlsson isn't worth Colt to us

Reactions: The Note in MI

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
I don't care how cheap Maroon is willing to sign for

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If we could get Panarin to sign, my offer would be Thomas/Kyrou (CBJ choice), Sanford & Steen.
Only for 8 years of Breadman though.

HTF does NYR get Panarin for Lundqvist?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

It's looking more and more like CBJ is going to be trading Panarin before the season starts. I don't see how Jarmo meets with Panarin in France if things are going well. This seems like an in-person meeting to make an ultimatum, and perhaps discuss the possibility of a sign-and-trade a la Shattenkirk.

I don't think it's possible that the Blues will be able to get him, so that's why I'm kind of glad that the sign-and-trade scenario seems equally as unlikely; we could then pick him up in FA.

Regardless, it's the off-season. So what would you give up for him, knowing that he is coming unsigned and may test FA at the end of the year. Assume that if we were to re-sign him it would cost 8.5M-9M AAV.

CBJ does not need defenseman - at all, so assume we trade Gunnarsson elsewhere rather than send him to CBJ. They really need some top-6 fire power, a top-6 center, and/or some good offensive prospects to be ready to compete in at most two years after the departure of Panarin. I'll take a go, and assume that Fabbri is a no-go for CBJ, and try to offer the largest (best) package we could do, imo.

:blues
Artemi Panarin, (1M retained OR Edmundson takes a bridge deal at 2Mx1 instead of 2.5Mx1)

:cbj
Klim Kostin
Ivan Barbashev
Dmitrij Jaskin
STL '19 2nd
STL '20 1st if he re-signs

Artemi Panarin to the Blues - Armchair-GM - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Not trading assets for players with no term. That’s a franchise crippler