Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Not trading assets for players with no term. That’s a franchise crippler
Personally, I’d be willing to take that bet. He’s a franchise LW that is actually underrated defensively as a takeaway machine, and he is a RHS that would perfectly compliment Tarasenko. I think a year with this contender - maybe even favorite if we get him? - would make us a strong suitor for his services, and would allow us the eighth year.

If he doesn’t re-sign, all we lose is Barbashev, Kostin, Jaskin, and a 2nd. To have the chance to run a lineup with Panarin and Tarasenko, I think it’s worth the risk. We would still have Bokk, Kyrou, and Thomas. Kostin to me is an asset to be traded for our window, but that’s only because I think adding Kyrou and Thomas this year makes him very expendable and I’m not confident his value to us will ever be any better than in a deal like this. The odds hat Panarin would re-sign seem high to me if he had a year to get acclimated.

Panarin - O’Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Fabbri
Steen - Bozak - Perron
Maroon - Thomas - Soshnikov

Edmundson - Pietrangelo
Dunn - Parayko
Bouwmeester - Schmaltz

Bortuzzo
Sundqvist
XXX

Allen
Johnson

That’s 2 first lines, a 2nd line, and a good third line. That’s a cup favorite even if Allen is just below average.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'd love to add Panarin, but I expect that Columbus will extend him in the coming days.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
There's this little thing called a salary cap. Panarin is more unlikely now than he was before the draft

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
What makes you think that? His agent made it sound like he didn't want to be in Columbus, wanted a more interesting city.
He wrote on his twitter that he is meeting with Jarmo tomorrow to discuss a new contract. I would be surprised if he was writing that without going there looking to get a deal done.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He wrote on his twitter that he is meeting with Jarmo tomorrow to discuss a new contract. I would be surprised if he was writing that without going there looking to get a deal done.
i can't read Russian, but his English comments I saw just said that he and agent were meeting with Jarmo. Didn't mention anything about contract. My guess is they will reiterate to Jarmo he won't resign.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
What makes you think that? His agent made it sound like he didn't want to be in Columbus, wanted a more interesting city.
Could also have been an attempt to pry more money out of CBJ management.

We won't really know what Panarin intends to do until we see either a new contract or a trade.

Either way CBJ isn't the Isles, they are a strong group and could do some damage next season, I'd figure they hold onto Panarin and go all in next year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
i can't read Russian, but his English comments I saw just said that he and agent were meeting with Jarmo. Didn't mention anything about contract. My guess is they will reiterate to Jarmo he won't resign.
The Russian says the same but finishes with "po povodu sleduyushhego kontrakta", about the next contract.

The previous reports were that it wasn't the time to discuss an extension, and that snowballed into various reports. They are putting out there that now is the time to discuss it.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
He's still under contract. We might be a preferred destination next year, but we may not want him next year, depending on how our chemistry works out.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He's still under contract. We might be a preferred destination next year, but we may not want him next year, depending on how our chemistry works out.
Why would you think we'd be a preferred destination? He has big city dreams of Miami or NYC or... St. Louis?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Why would you think we'd be a preferred destination? He has big city dreams of Miami or NYC or... St. Louis?
I thought I already read somewhere he didn't want to be traded to the Blues, and not to trade for him because he wasn't going to re-sign here.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Yep, we could easily be a desired destination for top players once they see our core intact and our elite prospects coming up. Not sure we’ll be able to afford anybody after we extend Ed, Petro and Schenn though. Although, with the expiring contracts of JBo and Gunnarson, the Blues could actually move Steen, Bozak and Perron at some point in the next couple years if needed. Going to have to make room for several prospects anyway. I think Perron and Bozak will be left exposed to the expansion draft. Could lose one there.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I thought I already read somewhere he didn't want to be traded to the Blues, and not to trade for him because he wasn't going to re-sign here.

I doubt that. So many know-it-alls love to speculate and spread these type of rumors. Most of them turn out to be false.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I doubt that. So many know-it-alls love to speculate and spread these type of rumors. Most of them turn out to be false.
I really don't know why I took that as fact and not speculation. Must have been posted by someone I trust for facts & honesty whether it be good or bad for the team. I keep thinking it was Blue Dream that posted something about this, but I'm not sure where I saw it and didn't respond to the post so don't know where to search.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
JR wrote an article in the Athletic if I recall
Yes, but I believe that was under the false rumors that he was looking for big city life. Panarin and his agent both denied this, and if re-signing in CBJ has any possibility as our local trusty Scotsman Russian alluded to, then I would think that there would be more hope than none for STL if negotiations fell through.

Edit: another thought, they could be negotiating a sign-and trade.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I wouldn’t be surprised if the recent Kucherov extension had at least a little something to do with this meeting. In the sense that Panarin may have been asking for a similar deal and was told by Jarmo that his ask was beyond market value.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If Armstrong struck out on everyone this Summer, I'd be willing to take a chance on Panarin for a year and hope that playing with Tarasenko would get him to re-sign.

But after acquiring O'Reilly, Bozak, Perron and Maroon (man this is awesome to type) I'd pass on him easily. Keep our assets.

Reactions: shmotz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad