Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Now what do we talk about?

Seems like all the necessary moves have been made.

Center....check
Right side fowards....check
Back up goalie....check
Space for youngsters to break in....check

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Even if we don't get Maroon I'm still hoping to trade Gunnarsson for whatever draft pick.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Back surgery.

So, little interesting thing I read on Twitter. Don't shoot the messenger of course. So Jeff Ponder, hosts a Blues podcast hosted with Curt Price from the LGB forum, claims to know someone in or close to the Maroon family. He says his source says that once Maroon is cleared, he'll sign a 1 year deal here and has a verbal agreement with Army to sign a 4 year extension in January.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So, little interesting thing I read on Twitter. Don't shoot the messenger of course. So Jeff Ponder, hosts a Blues podcast hosted with Curt Price from the LGB forum, claims to know someone in or close to the Maroon family. He says his source says that once Maroon is cleared, he'll sign a 1 year deal here and has a verbal agreement with Army to sign a 4 year extension in January.
What would be the point for either side to do it that way?

I certainly don't want a 5-year contract...

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Honestly, it makes sense (although a 4 year extension seems unreasonably long). Maroon signs 1 year deal for 1.5 - 2 mil in order for Blues to keep everyone, then signs an extension for 2.5 - 3 per?

We could possibly have the best forward AND defensive depth in the league. Imagine if Schwartz gets injured (again) and Fabbri at the same time (not very unrealistic, eh?). Steen is on first line, Maroon on second, Blais can be called up for third line (or insert Barbashev there and Sundqvist replaces Barbashev on 4th line. OR, Steen on first, Perron switches to LW on first or second line, Kyrou is called up to take Perron’s place on RW, and Maroon is on third line.

And even though we may want to trade one of Gunnarsson/Bo for futures, I would still love to have that depth. If Edmundson or Dunn goes down for a long period of time, the Blues don’t really miss a beat with the depth.

We’ll see.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
What would be the point for either side to do it that way?

I certainly don't want a 5-year contract...

1 year at a low enough cap hit to fit. Then we lose Bouwmeester, and its a 4 year deal at a higher cap hit to make up the 1 year.

I don't want maroon at all, but could stomach a short, cheap hometown contract. I wouldn't like it but whatever. Going 4 years after next at a high cap hit.,,,,@The Note in MI said it best...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
1 year at a low enough cap hit to fit. Then we lose Bouwmeester, and its a 4 year deal at a higher cap hit to make up the 1 year.

I don't want maroon at all, but could stomach a short, cheap hometown contract. I wouldn't like it but whatever. Going 4 years after next at a high cap hit.,,,,@The Note in MI said it best...
Ah yeah I had a brainfart and didn't take into account the cap hit is what counts for the long-term deal and not actual salary.

Yeah that does make sense now.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
f*** this Maroon talk, comon guys.

giphy.gif

Reactions: DoubleK81

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The market for Maroon isn't five years, or it sure as hell shouldn't be.

Why would the Blues be interested in escalating his cap hit after next year? The only UFAs they have among forwards are Thorburn and Nolan, and there should be even more young kids competing for spots in another year than there are this year even. Fabbri could command a large raise too, if all goes well.

Even with some money freeing up on the back end, is Maroon really the asset we want to invest that in long term? Things would have to go pretty terribly for the Blues for him to be anything more than a 4th line player after this year...and even this year it still takes a number of things going poorly for him to be more than that.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I have to give respect for Army. We've get away from Berglund and Sobotka contracts. Jbo and Gunnar will naturally walk away next off-season if not trade(s) at TDL. I hope they won't resign with Blues.
Next on the line is Steen contract, but his cap hit will go down after this season 7mill.$ (18-19)--->5.5mill.$ (19-20)--->3.5mill.$ (20-21)

How Blues roster is build when don't have any bad contracts. I love it.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
The market for Maroon isn't five years, or it sure as hell shouldn't be.

Why would the Blues be interested in escalating his cap hit after next year? The only UFAs they have among forwards are Thorburn and Nolan, and there should be even more young kids competing for spots in another year than there are this year even. Fabbri could command a large raise too, if all goes well.

Even with some money freeing up on the back end, is Maroon really the asset we want to invest that in long term? Things would have to go pretty terribly for the Blues for him to be anything more than a 4th line player after this year...and even this year it still takes a number of things going poorly for him to be more than that.
According to Wikipedia he already plays for the Blues

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I have to give respect for Army. We've get away from Berglund and Sobotka contracts. Jbo and Gunnar will naturally walk away next off-season if not trade(s) at TDL. I hope they won't resign with Blues.
Next on the line is Steen contract, but his cap hit will go down after this season 7mill.$ (18-19)--->5.5mill.$ (19-20)--->3.5mill.$ (20-21)

Steen's salary declines but his cap hit is constant $5.75mm.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Salary goes down. Cap hit stays the same throughout the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->