Benning confirmed to be the worst GM in the NHL

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Jim Benning is in the heads of every hockey fan. Ive never seen so many ppl care so much about a GM before. He lives rent free, pretty impressive actually.

Seems more likely he lives rent free at your place, given how much you defend the guy.

Its okay Mrs. Benning, he is paid very well precisely because GMs deal with this type of criticism. Will he be okay? How's he feeling today?

Reactions: bh53

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Seems more likely he lives rent free at your place, given how much you defend the guy.

Its okay Mrs. Benning, he is paid very well precisely because GMs deal with this type of criticism. Will he be okay? How's he feeling today?
Oh you mad lmao

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I swear that any of us on this board could do a better job then Benning. Just use some common sense and you are already a tier above him.
Have you seen some of the posts on this board?

Also, why is Benning still employed when he is clearly incompetent? Incompetent ownership?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Benning would have to suck at drafting to be considered the worst GM. He doesn't. In fact, he's been better at drafting for the last few years than any GM in the league.

He infuriates me. So bad, yet so good. If he traded and managed assets as well as he drafts, he'd be tops in the league.

He is not better at drafting than any GM.

Two top 10 picks he blew. He wanted Glass over Pettersson.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Canucks we’re definitely one of those teams

Quality vets lmao mmmk

Yeah he got nothing cause they were worth nothing.

Ha highly unlikely. Some of you are insane to think wed get anything for them.

How is the canucks top 6 misery? Quinn and demko addibg a top 10 pick this year? Not sure you know what real misery is

I like him. Money is finally going to players that deserve it.

Jim Benning is in the heads of every hockey fan. Ive never seen so many ppl care so much about a GM before. He lives rent free, pretty impressive actually.

Well he is my gm. Im not the one that makes a new JB curse thread every week on here.

He better be when price n weber take up so much of it.

They have 1 year left except myers and baertchi and sutter are done. Who cares now?

Oh you mad lmao

Bahaha! Delicious irony when your posts are like 25% of the thread. I didn't even go all the way back... lmao, what is Benning paying you? For real.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Bahaha! Delicious irony when your posts are like 25% of the thread. I didn't even go all the way back... lmao, what is Benning paying you? For real.
Why am i supposed to care not getting a 1st for bieksa 5 years ago? I see whats happening with my team. A great top 6 soon, a #1 dman. Top pick in this years draft and a great goalie signed for 5 years. Crap salarys that will be off the books very soon. I dont have to be a whiny bit*ch like u and most of this forum.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Why am i supposed to care not getting a 1st for bieksa 5 years ago? I see whats happening with my team. A great top 6 soon, a #1 dman. Top pick in this years draft and a great goalie signed for 5 years. Crap salarys that will be off the books very soon. I dont have to be a whiny bit*ch like u and most of this forum.
You sound like a oilers fan. Content with sucking for 10 years . Having bad management but getting bailed out with top picks.

Reactions: bh53

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
EDIT: word is coming out our best goalie prospect (dipietro) missed games on our farm team SOLELY owned and operated by the Canucks because we allowed the STL Blues to loan their players to our team since their affiliate opted out, and that they wanted their goalie to play more games. Now this guy is mismanaging his own prospects in favour of other teams for absolutely 0 reason!
Maybe Blues paid Canucks to give their prospect more ice time?

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
He does come off as a moron. Though at the same time that organization is in better position than 90% of the entire league just beacuse of the young franchise players they have. A #1C, #1D, #1G all at or under the age of 25.

No idea what their owner is doing and waiting for, like just fire the guy and hire a semi competent GM that can fill in the cracks like Zito did with Florida and they’ll explode up the standings similar to Colorado/Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity and bh53

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
GM’s don’t draft. It’s 90% other peoples work.

Also drafting is about 95% draft position.

this, GMs mainly manage draft pick positions

They just dont have enough time to cover draft eligible players while running an NHL team. I'm sure most of them weight in on the 1st rounders (and very heavily so if it's a high pick) but their knowledge on the prospects is most likely very limited. They fly around (when they have the time) to watch certain players that get hyped up from their scouts and they watch the big international events, that's about it.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
fire-benning-banner-plane.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad