Confirmed with Link: Avs Re-Sign Zadorov to 1-Year 3.2M Contract

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah, I'm also guessing that having Byrum now, and if Timmins gets cleared (and doesn't have any setbacks this season) that Z won't be here in 2020/21.

I hope that's not the case, but I'm guessing that's the plan. Maybe he's left exposed for Seattle to take?

I'd much better like for them to trade EJ (not happening) or Cole, and keep Z for a good 5 years.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
It won’t happen, isn’t Meloche the next Siemens ?
EYE!!!

giphy.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So, now we have Zadorov, Girard, and Jost up for contracts next season. We’ll need to save our pennies.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah, I'm also guessing that having Byrum now, and if Timmins gets cleared (and doesn't have any setbacks this season) that Z won't be here in 2020/21.

I hope that's not the case, but I'm guessing that's the plan. Maybe he's left exposed for Seattle to take?

I'd much better like for them to trade EJ (not happening) or Cole, and keep Z for a good 5 years.

Even if Zad isn't in the AVs long term plan i really hope they sign him for 2 more years after this contract just to expose him to Vegas ... erm Seattle ... when the time comes. They'll pick him for sure and we save another forward.

GMing 101.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not as bad as some, but he still has a natural preference to it. Makar has one of the top 4 spots for sure. Then EJ has the other until his walker gives out (probably 2 or so seasons before the Avs pull that plug). After that, it is totally up in the air and Z could be in the mix for the spot. He's going to be competing with Timmins nearly right away... taking the injury out of the equation, I see Timmins taking that spot with ease over Z. With the injury, Z could hold it down. As I said though, that is probably a couple seasons away where Z is really a bottom pairing guy who can play up... paying those types is dangerous.

I guess I'm just hopeful that Girard will take over that 2nd top 4 spot on the right side during the next EJ injury, and Bednar will love throwing one of those smurfs out there whenever the other comes back to the bench...paving the way for Zads and Byram to take over as the more withdrawn left-sided blueliners, as soon as they're better than 2020-EJ.

...which I think that Zads was down the stretch & into the playoffs; at least as the partner to a more adventurous blueliner; even with the brainfarts. As that's a role that EJ struggled to adapt to alongside Girard mightily after a career playing next to stay at home guys; that partnership only starting to find its footing after Samwise dialed it back & started covering for EJ's adventures as often as EJ covered for his.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well that was quick and easy. No arbitration, no prolonged negotiation, no threat of a holdout, no threat of Russia. Pretty obvious with that number on a one year contract, that a long term deal would start with a 4.

Looking forward to a motivated Zadorov hopefully having a career season and proving his doubters wrong.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

It's definitely fair to assume Timmins is anywhere above Zadorov on the depth chart, and will outplay him in 19/20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad