Confirmed with Link: Avs Re-Sign Zadorov to 1-Year 3.2M Contract

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice. I figured this would've been the second toughest negotiation behind Rantanen. One less thing to worry about now.

Reactions: Avs425

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If we can lock him up for 5 years at 5 per I probably would pull the trigger. I know that may be a bit of an overpay now but feel it will be fair down the line. I mean we gave ian cole 4.25 a year and i much prefer zadorov even if more inconsistent. Plus the cap and contracts should be decently higher by then

That is the type of contract that could really blow up in your face. Cole is overpaid, EJ is overpaid... you don't need Z thrown in there too. Within next season that is at best your bottom 3 defensemen and ~15m tied up there is poor usage of the cap.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A 1 year deal was obviously Z’s wish. No reason for Sakic to keep the AAV down for just 1 year when this is the year we have cap space. If he wants to prove something, go do it!

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
That is the type of contract that could really blow up in your face. Cole is overpaid, EJ is overpaid... you don't need Z thrown in there too. Within next season that is at best your bottom 3 defensemen and ~15m tied up there is poor usage of the cap.
Fair point but imo it will end up fair. We shouldnt have any cap issues for a couple years. Not with the great contracts of mack and kadri. Idk if cole finishes out his contract with us. He should be easy enough to deal if we decided to go that route. Ej will end up a bad deal unfortunately. Think he ends up getting bought out. Also its a matter of if you think/want z here long term. This deal will prob be 3-3.5 per. Id imagine he would get a little bit of a raise next year so on and so forth as long as its one year deals. If zadorov doesnt improve at all, he would prob be overpaid by 1-1.5 mill a hear which isnt horrendous and could still be moved

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I believe he is still a RFA after this year, correct?

The only reason I wouldn’t like this, is if it took him to unrestricted free agency.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Would have liked long term but hard for either party to evaluate probably.

In a year, Z will either be a core piece or traded for a mediocre pick or prospect. My guess anyways.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Somewhere Mark Scheifele is sitting in the fetal position, in a bathtub, crying over this news.

*Edit: Laine & Trouba are both grade A punk bitches for jumping Zadorov from behind for that hit.

FlamboyantOnlyAsianconstablebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He played 7 games in 2013-2014, do you know if that counts as a season?

If it does, it would be 7 years, making him a UFA after this deal.

I think it has to amount to 7 full years, but I could be wrong, and remember he was also demoted a couple times in both Buffalo and Colorado, so I'm not sure those stints count toward his total. In any event, he's still RFA after this season.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad