Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
If the futures aspect of the deal are high (A- or B+ prospect and a 1st) can we accept a mid range active roster player? or is Joe looking at it in reverse?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You’re welcome. Let’s just say most people weren’t overly pleased with the 6.5 M price tag he was loafing around on the ice before Mack arrived. Like it or not it’s not revisionist history. He had a couple rough years

I don't want to derail this thread with an old argument. Let's just say some remember it differently.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Your both right clearly, from my own experience he wasnt always on point or even close but at least as i remember it just always seemed like he was playing with crap. Dont want to super get into it but its no coincidence once he got some top notch talent his numbers went where they should have been

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't hold the front office of Vancouver Canucks in high regard and their owners seem to value potential playoffs a bit too much considering where the organization is, but I just can't see them wanting to trade for Duchene. It would be out of character even for them.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
You’re welcome. Let’s just say most people weren’t overly pleased with the 6.5 M price tag he was loafing around on the ice before Mack arrived. Like it or not it’s not revisionist history. He had a couple rough years

Sure he was overpaid, but not invisible. At worst he was a decent 50pt two-way player. He got a lot of unfair blame because he couldn't carry a talentless roster. I think a lot of people overlooked and underrated him because he wasn't a flashy player. He made his living making short and smart passes down low that are easy to overlook because of how simple they look.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In Cobra's defense kingslayer talked about something that Friedman would have said concerning Duchene running out of patience (??) without providing any detail and seconds later AVS_19 hinted about Kypreos who would have said something about a possible Duchene trade for Juolevi and a 1st? Without providing any detail as well.

So yeah, I'm with Cobra here. If you hear that on TV at least provide some details/context and don't assume that everyone is watching? Thanks.

Exactly lol

I was watching the CBC segment, to summarize:

1. Sakic wants multiple pieces still.
2. Duchene is likely mad and expected to be traded. Probably had an understanding
3. Avs decent start makes it unlikely that Sakic is in a rush
4. No one is stepping up for Duchene
5. Vancouver is an interesting destination.
6. Sakic wants a defense-man like Sergachev
7. Juolevi is from the same draft as Sergachev.
8. Juolevi isn't as far along as Sergachev (kinda phrased like it would be Juolevi would be the basis and doesn't hold that much value compared to Sergachev)
9. Duchene has a family member in Vancouver organization.

Thank you

Even I can post a tweet now. No excuse if my tech ignorant ass can do it.

Haha

I was about to make fun of you and then I read your post again. Hope she's better now.

It wasn't nothing too bad, just her first experience trying to go to sleep in a hotel. It didn't go well, so I ended up driving two hours home at midnight with a crying baby. 18 month old toddler problems.

I'd do Juolevi and a 1st.

I think I'd want another piece, but I haven't taken a real hard look at where Vancouver will likely end up drafting. If that is for sure another lottery ticket then I'd take it.

I haven't heard it first hand but sounds like to me insiders just picked a new team the talk about that hasn't been flogged to death already.

Juolevi would be ok with me if it includes +++ the Nucks built up some prospect assets over the last year

Agreed

Are we? We need to wait a few years to see how the 2015 and 2016 drafts turn out. For all we know we killed it with Jost and Rants and they end up the best players available at their draft positions.

2016: Tyson Jost. Passed over: Charlie McAvoy
2015: Mikko Rantanen. Passed over: Thomas Chabot
2014: Connor Bleackley. Passed over: David Pastrnak
2013: Nate MacKinnon. Passed over: Sasha Barkov, Seth Jones, etc
2012: (pick traded for Varlamov)
2011: Gabe Landeskog, Duncan Siemens. Passed over: Mark Scheifele, Nikita Kucherov, Johnny Gaudreau.

Basically, every person responsible for Avs drafting should be fired and possibly jailed. 25 to life.

That is depressing as shit. I think I shed a tear after reading that post. You can add drafting Duchene right after Victor Hedman as well. I bet Tampa is still kicking themselves for drafting Drouin over Jones. That is even worse IMO. That makes it even harder on me considering my two favorite teams passed on him.

Nashville and Calgary. There are some other teams with better prospect pools but they aren't at the point where they should be trading them for a player who is a UFA in 18 months.

Tolvanen + Girard/Fabbro or Valimaki + Parsons + something else are my favorite proposals whether we're talking all futures or not.

Yeah I think I like Nashville the best for futures.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Sure he was overpaid, but not invisible. At worst he was a decent 50pt two-way player. He got a lot of unfair blame because he couldn't carry a talentless roster. I think a lot of people overlooked and underrated him because he wasn't a flashy player. He made his living making short and smart passes down low that are easy to overlook because of how simple they look.

My first year following the Avs was Sacco's last year here. I wasn't on these message boards or didn't talk to anyone about the Avs really. I had no idea about "Casper". That summer was when I joined an Avs board and one of the first posts I ever made was grading the players'. I gave Stastny a C and literally said it was because he was invisible.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
My first year following the Avs was Sacco's last year here. I wasn't on these message boards or didn't talk to anyone about the Avs really. I had no idea about "Casper". That summer was when I joined an Avs board and one of the first posts I ever made was grading the players'. I gave Stastny a C and literally said it was because he was invisible.
That was his worst season. You missed out on one of the best players the have had in the last decade.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Are we? We need to wait a few years to see how the 2015 and 2016 drafts turn out. For all we know we killed it with Jost and Rants and they end up the best players available at their draft positions.

2016: Tyson Jost. Passed over: Charlie McAvoy
2015: Mikko Rantanen. Passed over: Thomas Chabot
2014: Connor Bleackley. Passed over: David Pastrnak
2013: Nate MacKinnon. Passed over: Sasha Barkov, Seth Jones, etc
2012: (pick traded for Varlamov)
2011: Gabe Landeskog, Duncan Siemens. Passed over: Mark Scheifele, Nikita Kucherov, Johnny Gaudreau.

Basically, every person responsible for Avs drafting should be fired and possibly jailed. 25 to life.

Except for 2013, many other teams passed on those guys as well. It sucks that we werent the brilliant ones to pick those guys out, but I don’t think it’s an indictment of our scouting staff. If we ended up with solid NHL players, then we did fine.

The Bleackley and Heard picks still piss me off though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think a few bad games are going to hurt Duchene's value, just like the good games earlier probably didn't really help his value. However, this team looks bad again and the injuries are coming so it might be a good idea to get something done soon. I don't think it's just a coincidence Friedman mentions Duchene's frustration is growing as soon as things start going poorly. We'll probably see more leaks coming.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
With the way Sergachev is playing so far, they might not have to kick themselves for very long.

Yeah, that was a nice recovery. I don't think that was the right trade for Montreal, but neither team got bad value there. It's just Montreal does not have a center who is really going to take advantage of Drouin's play making ability.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Montreal is such a mess. Outside of Detroit I can't see a more screwed team. Almost zero prospects or young players to look forward to, it's going to be a long long road.

Reactions: S E P H

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica

For the record he’s one of my favorite avs and I was super bitter when he left. It just gets tiring when people like check have that ‘I’m obviously right, you’re obviously wrong’ mentality towards other posters so I reminded him of Stastny’s nickname that floated (lol) around here for a couple years. I’ll leave it at that. Stastny was a very good hockey player.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I think it's hilarius that you still think Duchene is going to be traded :cool:

He is going to retire as an AV 2026 with 4 Playoff appearences and ZERO Playoff rounds won. After he retires Sakic finally thinks about stepping down - but he's not doing it. EJ is not ready yet ...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Me too. But I think he takes a pay cut to stay in St. Louis. He seems to like it there and St. Louis doesn't have a ton of center options.

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't have gone to 7m/year for him, but we should have at least matched his old contract dollars wise if it was the same term as what he got in St.Louis.

And if we didn't lose Stastny we wouldn't have gotten Iginla.. Sigh..

Or at least that's how I remember it shaking down.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Me too. But I think he takes a pay cut to stay in St. Louis. He seems to like it there and St. Louis doesn't have a ton of center options.

CB Joe you need to either re-watch the Avs games when Staz was here or ask someone on this forum that has watched Staz play for us. He is a good player but not a game changer. He has not scored over 20 goals for the Blues and demoted to a 3rd and 4th line. He is a player that was getting paid 6 - 7.5M. He is good with passing the puck and playing good on a defensive side of the game but he is not a core player.

Reactions: jsalz16

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Stastny wants to sign a reasonable retirement contract with Avs (4-5 years at $4M/year) go nuts. Perhaps he misses Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille