Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Just listened to the BSN Podcast, was a hard listen with AJ for this one, but both he and Dater believe that Colborne's back injury is worse than what is being reported and he'll go on IR to start the season and the Avs will 'Brad Stuart' him off the roster. Minus the buy out.

Just their opinion, not a rumour or anything, thought it was interesting though.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Just listened to the BSN Podcast, was a hard listen with AJ for this one, but both he and Dater believe that Colborne's back injury is worse than what is being reported and he'll go on IR to start the season and the Avs will 'Brad Stuart' him off the roster. Minus the buy out.

Just their opinion, not a rumour or anything, thought it was interesting though.

Best Case Scenario !?!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Probably gets Kerfoot on the team

Yeah, that's the most likely outcome. I don't see why there needs to be something nefarious about this, it's not a cap dodge like the Hossa thing. We're nowhere close to cap trouble and Colborne only has one more year. If anything, it sucks that we won't be able to sell him at the deadline.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
The big question is, does this mean that Nieto will rotate in as the 13th forward...or did that just free up the nacho-eater job for Soderberg?

Maybe they alternate? Soda will probably start the season regardless of how well foot does the rest of the preseason, especially because we are on the road, and maybe he gets one of the road games or the first b2b which is ANA /DAL

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The big question is, does this mean that Nieto will rotate in as the 13th forward...or did that just free up the nacho-eater job for Soderberg?

Maybe Soderberg will become allergic to hockey equipment or something. He doesn't appear to be in their plans if his usage in practice and preseason is any indication. I don't believe they've had him on a scoring line or put him with any skilled NHL players. I think he'll be the 4th line center and maybe in the press box if he sulks about it.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
why would sakic be asking for a LD for Matt Duschene ? we have zadorov and with the 2018 draft being deep with LD. it could be crowded on that position.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Who cares if the are nhl ready?

Well if they plan on using 2018 1st to fill the void on the left side it's somewhat of a problem. Can't really afford to wait 2-3 more years here unless we get a good stop gap like Murray. Team needs to start getting a little competitive next year.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Prospects are far from a sure thing.

Better to have one good D too many than like the Avs being a couple short all the time...

Do you think teams like the Canes, Jackets, Preds or Ducks hate that they have too much depth on D?

Defenseman usually take longer to arrive and to adapt to the NHL anyways. Having too many Ds is a good thing unless they start blocking each other.

Right now we have one guy in Zads that might (not even sure about that given his recent contract squabbles) be a longtermpiece for us on the left side.

Then we have a bunch of maybes in Bigras and Lindholm that probably won't turn into quality top4 Ds...

The Avs could easily use a couple more of these.

We have EJ, Barrie, Meloche, Makar, Timmins and Mironov on the right side.

We could trade for a LHD and draft one in the 1st and 2nd round and we probably still would be deeper on the right side...

So lets just do that please.

I would love to see the Avs strength being the blueline for once. Would be a nice change of pace because the forward heavy approach clearly did not work and we still are very forward heavy right now anyways...

I mean you can always laugh at the next team selling their Duchene and refuse to give up one of your top4s and offer them your prospects only a couple of years from now if you want to add quality forwards....

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Maybe Soderberg will become allergic to hockey equipment or something. He doesn't appear to be in their plans if his usage in practice and preseason is any indication. I don't believe they've had him on a scoring line or put him with any skilled NHL players. I think he'll be the 4th line center and maybe in the press box if he sulks about it.

He played on the PP unit in Vegas. If anything, that's a sign that they're finally going to use him to up his value/help the team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He played on the PP unit in Vegas. If anything, that's a sign that they're finally going to use him to up his value/help the team.

He got PP time in a game where the only other NHL regulars up front were MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Nieto. I think them sending him and Comeau to Minnesota today shows what they think of them.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
No team can make personnel moves based on future draft picks. Avs 2018 pick is a non factor in any kind of decision making beyond not trading it, since the team might suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad