Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If I'm Matt's camp I'd consider a public trade request at this point. Make it even more uncomfortable, maybe consider sitting out. Matt showed up, has played well. Sakic's a baboon.

Why is it you guys never post links to stuff you reference? Not sure about you specifically Avs44, but there has been a lot of that going on lately.

POST A LINK! It's even easier now than it used to be for stuff like twitter.

Reactions: Balthazar

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why is it you guys never post links to stuff you reference? Not sure about you specifically Avs44, but there has been a lot of that going on lately.

I didn't reference anything in my post?

I imagine why the others didn't link is because it was said on live TV, likely CBC.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In Cobra's defense kingslayer talked about something that Friedman would have said concerning Duchene running out of patience (??) without providing any detail and seconds later AVS_19 hinted about Kypreos who would have said something about a possible Duchene trade for Juolevi and a 1st? Without providing any detail as well.

So yeah, I'm with Cobra here. If you hear that on TV at least provide some details/context and don't assume that everyone is watching? Thanks.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
From the main boards it seems Kypreos said Vancouver may be interested in Duchene? Appears Juolevi is Kypreo's speculation, though another tweet from someone who heard that indicates Kypreos said that is who the Avs are interested in? Seems very unclear.

Either way, I don't want Juolevi. A quick look over on the Canucks board indicates they'd love that deal. Juolevi apparently hasn't been developing too well.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
In Cobra's defense kingslayer talked about something that Friedman would have said concerning Duchene running out of patience (??) without providing any detail and seconds later AVS_19 hinted about Kypreos who would have said something about a possible Duchene trade for Juolevi and a 1st? Without providing any detail as well.

So yeah, I'm with Cobra here. If you hear that on TV at least provide some details/context and don't assume that everyone is watching? Thanks.

Yah it was on CBC. Friedman said what he said and Kypreos started talking about the nucks perhaps having some interest with Juolevi being a piece. Hope to god Joe knows better.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can we just get the stupid trade done with Columbus.

Gotta hope the Jackets lose several more games then. Wennberg has decent numbers this season but Jackets fans have been ragging on the guy all season. Hopefully Jarmo figures he needs Duchene to centre their top line.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I was watching the CBC segment, to summarize:

1. Sakic wants multiple pieces still.
2. Duchene is likely mad and expected to be traded. Probably had an understanding
3. Avs decent start makes it unlikely that Sakic is in a rush
4. No one is stepping up for Duchene
5. Vancouver is an interesting destination.
6. Sakic wants a defense-man like Sergachev
7. Juolevi is from the same draft as Sergachev.
8. Juolevi isn't as far along as Sergachev (kinda phrased like it would be Juolevi would be the basis and doesn't hold that much value compared to Sergachev)
9. Duchene has a family member in Vancouver organization.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Downgrading from ROR to Soda saved 2.5M to the team. That's peanuts considering that ROR was younger and much better. Downgrading from Stastny to Iggy saved them 1.7M.

Both ROR and Stastny were lost for financial reasons and the result was a considerably worse team with not that much savings. Horrible rookie GM mistakes and I'm convinced that Joe won't make them again.

Stastny was invsible when he played for Avs and then wound up playing on Blues 3rd line after he was not good enough on their top 2 lines. ROR wanted to get paid big time even before we signed him to a bridge deal. Duchy was our best player at that time and just imagine if other players start asking 1 or 2 million over to what they are really worth. We would be in the same position as Wings with most of the players agents follwing other overpaid contracts on the team. 1 or 2 or 4 million is not a lot, but if a top half of players are being overpaid then we will wind up in a cap trouble just like Wings.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
From the main boards it seems Kypreos said Vancouver may be interested in Duchene? Appears Juolevi is Kypreo's speculation, though another tweet from someone who heard that indicates Kypreos said that is who the Avs are interested in? Seems very unclear.

He never said the Avs are interested in Juolevi. Just mentioned there's a feeling the Canucks are in the mix and then said "a lot of talk about Juolevi." He also went on to point out how Sakic wants a Sergachev type and Juolevi isn't that.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Even I can post a tweet now. No excuse if my tech ignorant ass can do it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Gotta hope the Jackets lose several more games then. Wennberg has decent numbers this season but Jackets fans have been ragging on the guy all season. Hopefully Jarmo figures he needs Duchene to centre their top line.

Obviously not paying much attention to Columbus, but Dubois one goal, no assists in 7 games. Maybe he becomes slightly more available now that he isn't setting the world on fire.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think if Duchene had to be traded to Columbus or Nashville it would be done by now. Now counting on a "new" team to make a strong push like the Nucks or Rangers.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Juolevi and their unprotected first would be an amazing haul. Juolevi has only played 4 games in Finland so far, so kinda hard to judge him yet, but it's at least clear that he doesn't have trouble playing against men.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Juolevi and their unprotected first would be an amazing haul. Juolevi has only played 4 games in Finland so far, so kinda hard to judge him yet, but it's at least clear that he doesn't have trouble playing against men.

Everything I've seen says he has progressed zero since his draft, and has possibly even regressed. There is way too much risk there.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

He was absolutely terrible last year wasn't he? Heavy regression and all. Every time that I read the Canucks board in the last 6 months they wanted to trade him while he still has some value, there must be a reason? Usually fanbases don't want to get rid of highly ranked prospects a year after the draft.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wow, there's actually some significant talks about this Juolevi thing hey?

I was super high on him in his draft year and still really like him as a prospect. But it does concern me a little bit that he came into camp as poorly as he did for Vancouver this September and was out of shape on top of not playing well.

That said, Juolevi + 1st for Duchene would be something I easily do. Even if the 1st is Top 3 protected I still do it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Wow, there's actually some significant talks about this Juolevi thing hey?

I was super high on him in his draft year and still really like him as a prospect. But it does concern me a little bit that he came into camp as poorly as he did for Vancouver this September and was out of shape on top of not playing well.

That said, Juolevi + 1st for Duchene would be something I easily do. Even if the 1st is Top 3 protected I still do it.

There really isn't anything that substantial to it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I haven't heard it first hand but sounds like to me insiders just picked a new team the talk about that hasn't been flogged to death already.

Juolevi would be ok with me if it includes +++ the Nucks built up some prospect assets over the last year

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
He was absolutely terrible last year wasn't he? Heavy regression and all. Every time that I read the Canucks board in the last 6 months they wanted to trade him while he still has some value, there must be a reason? Usually fanbases don't want to get rid of highly ranked prospects a year after the draft.

I would imagine he has, otherwise we wouldn't have a chance at trading for him, nevermind them adding in that trade. I think Vancouver's pick would cover the risk.. They'd both have to bust for us to come out behind. Anyway don't really expect any of this to come true, it's just a rumor and Vancouver would be crazy to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA