Post-Game Talk: Aves @ Sharkes 2 PM MST || In theory, we can win this. In theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I strongly disagree. The guy has not been invisible.

What do you see to merit him being useful other than one teed up wrist shot from 12 feet away in the slot (on the PP)? Legit question, because I have noticed him very little in my viewings, and I tend to go back and watch plays over again and whatnot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just got in...judging by the loss are we back into "we desperately need ROR" mode again. After the "forget him, we are fine" mode we've been in since shutting out Columbus?

We've always needed him. That doesn't change with a win or a loss.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
That's not true. The guy has been setting people up the whole season and nobody has finished.

Statsny has been average at best... , I am really not impressed with his game.
The Avs still have time, and we are only 4 games into the season. Let`s try Landy with Statsny and see how it goes.
But I still think that once Radar is signed (he will), Landy and him should go back together.

Hejduk - Duchene -PAP
Landy - O`Reilly - Jones

That`s what I want to see. Statsny is for me tradable, not at any price of course, but if we can get a fair deal, that brings a top pairing D....

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My patience with Stastny is running thin, I think is time for him to produce.

It's not entirely his fault--McGinn's offensive surge upon his arrival was an aberration. Jones can pot a few but he's not exactly a scoring machine either.

Bottom line, the Avs don't have a lot of firepower up front or (and this is what's really hurting their offense) on the blueline. That doesn't just rest on Paul Stastny's shoulders.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Just got in...judging by the loss are we back into "we desperately need ROR" mode again. After the "forget him, we are fine" mode we've been in since shutting out Columbus?

Some people, sure, but I never once thought we "desperately" needed him. He just turns us from a fringe playoff team into a slightly better fringe playoff team. We were still undisciplined and that cost us both of our losses thusfar, not the fact that ROR is holding out.

member 116861

What do you see to merit him being useful other than one teed up wrist shot from 12 feet away in the slot (on the PP)? Legit question, because I have noticed him very little in my viewings, and I tend to go back and watch plays over again and whatnot.

Maybe it's because I love Stastny and him so I notice whenever he does something small but he is hitting a lot. He has been really good at driving the net, I mean he hasn't scored by doing that yet but he is creating chances. He has been good defensively and I like his hustle especially when coming back on defense. Most likely it's my love for Jones so I notice every small thing he does but yeah I don't think he has been invisible.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Hey guys, Sharks fan coming in peace. I'm not here to start any arguments or anything and I'm sure many of you will strongly disagree with me but I just saw the replay that CSN bay area showed and in my honest opinion it looked like a clean hit to me and Landeskog has to keep his head up and I think the only reason it looked dirty was because Stuarts forearm hit Landeskogs head/chin. Mind you I only saw the replay not the play at full speed so I'm not going to say for sure, just saying my opinion. Landeskog is a great player and I do hope he is okay and that he and Mcginn have good seasons (Mcginn because I have him in a keeper and I like him). Anyway as I said I'm not trying to start anything here so I hope there's no hard feelings between us fans. Good luck to you guys this season.

Obviously no hard feelings, we aren't playing in these games :) but that hit was ******* dirty and you said it yourself, his forearm hits Landeskog right in the jaw/face/chin area. How can it "look dirty" but be a clean hit? Think about that for a second.

Really sad that players feel like they need to step over the line to be intimidating to the other team and endanger other players with hits to the head. :[

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Maybe it's because I love Stastny and him so I notice whenever he does something small but he is hitting a lot. He has been really good at driving the net, I mean he hasn't scored by doing that yet but he is creating chances. He has been good defensively and I like his hustle especially when coming back on defense. Most likely it's my love for Jones so I notice every small thing he does but yeah I don't think he has been invisible.

Agree to disagree. It's not enough from a top 6 player if you ask me. Little things are great but you have to do the big things too. He's also had some seriously boneheaded mistakes as well (ie the epic Stastny pass that he forgot to have his stick on the ice for, and the pass went RIGHT UNDER his blade)

member 116861

Agree to disagree. It's not enough from a top 6 player if you ask me. Little things are great but you have to do the big things too. He's also had some seriously boneheaded mistakes as well (ie the epic Stastny pass that he forgot to have his stick on the ice for, and the pass went RIGHT UNDER his blade)

Yeah that was horrible. When you're playing with Stastny you have to keep your stick on the ice and always be ready for a pass because you will be getting one.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
Obviously no hard feelings, we aren't playing in these games :) but that hit was ******* dirty and you said it yourself, his forearm hits Landeskog right in the jaw/face/chin area.

Really sad that players feel like they need to step over the line to be intimidating to the other team and endanger other players with hits to the head. :[

Agree and disagree, the hit was dirty but Landy has to keep his head up, otherwise he won`t last long in this league.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
he's let up a total of 1 goal in the last 2 games including coming off a shutout
our schedule hasn't been as brutal as most as we have had days off between games
He hasn't done anything to play himself out of a starting position ... quite the opposite
the goaltending did not cost them the game today

how about instead of you making such a ludicris statement you actually explain yourself as to why JS should have started

I never said varly was bad or he is to blame but he wasn't great. That's it.

It's quite clear, as to why JS should've started. One this is a compressed season, varly has played in the KHL so, he isn't a rusty, there's no need to ride him hard. JS has to play at some point, this game was a good time to play him, considering the Ava have a few division games coming up. Giguere isn't bad and he will help the Ava this year.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Let's look at some positives Altitude style:

- I thought the start of the game up until the hit was good. Too bad they didn't score on the power-plays
- the fact that Landeskog seems to be OK
- Giguere looked solid
- EJ and Mitchell played well

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011

- I thought the start of the game up until the hit was good. Too bad they didn't score on the power-plays
- Giguere looked solid

Add : O'Byrne can fight

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada

- Giguere looked solid

Am I the only one who thinks that the start wasn`t that good? They had some ealry shots, but how many real scoring chances?
They were skating hard... but to me the sharks looked totally in control

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Am I the only one who thinks that the start wasn`t that good? They had some ealry shots, but how many real scoring chances?

You are not the only one. I thought we looked abysmal, shootingwise, from the getgo. We made some really nice passes and we were skating well, but then we started making some INCREDIBLY stupid decisions, we overpassed on easy attempts, and failing on 2 sequential powerplays was the nail in the coffin if you ask me, much moreso than the Landeskog hit.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia

Midway through the first period the Sharks had zero shots. Sure the Avs didn't have that many chances but IMO it was a good start to an away game.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007

Yes. The Sharks were flat and slow to start. The team was taking the game to the Sharks at the start, and were outshooting them at least 5-0 at one point. The Sharks gained momentum from our failed PPs, then took over after the hit. 5-on-5 the Avs were the better team in the first, but caved after the Sharks scored twice.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yeah that was horrible. When you're playing with Stastny you have to keep your stick on the ice and always be ready for a pass because you will be getting one.

Exactly :) That Stastny sure loves to pass, and he's great at it. Which is why I was so confused in the CBJ game he was on a 2 on 1 and he shot it, not that it's a bad decision, just that if there was one player on the Avs that I would want to pass it on a 2 on 1, it would be saucy Stastny.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Avs had chances early they failed to convert. Ultimately got stuffed by a team much better. End result is not surprising - who assumed the Avs would beat the Sharks? Yes, frustrating to see chances missed, but hello to any loss.

McGinn, re-learn what the net smells like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad