OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Coke stay's in your system for like 48 hours. This guy is an idiot for getting caught. It's probably the easiest drug test get away with doing unlike weed that can be there for months.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It’s really bad on the blood pressure and the heart...any serious athlete should not be taking that ****.....

Any serious athlete who wants to party could probably get better, non-detectable shit, which makes Kuzy's Scarface impersonation even funnier. Shit man, get a weed pen. :laugh:

But real talk, athletes probably abuse just as many if not more substances than the average joe. I knew several Olympic-level judoka who were pack a day smokers, for instance, and these dudes were taking medals at pan-ams and all African championships pretty easily. Hell, lots of NHL players were straight up doing speed for much of the 80s and 90s, until the league started cracking down on that.

I'd imagine there's quite a few players with some prescriptions for stuff like modafinil too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's hilarious to read caps fans justifying Kuzy being a coke head because they think 60% of the NHL uses it and it's always around in parties.

Weird how Geno and Sid don't have that issue.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that Malkin has ridden the white tiger. Sid tho is probably a narc
Geno seems like a guy too close to his parents to do stupid shit like that. He lived with Sarge when he was a rookie, his parents stayed with him alot .
I don't doubt when Bugsy was doing it there were a few that did it as well, but I think Geno might have been too worried about what it'd do to his career and image.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Any serious athlete who wants to party could probably get better, non-detectable ****, which makes Kuzy's Scarface impersonation even funnier. **** man, get a weed pen. :laugh:

But real talk, athletes probably abuse just as many if not more substances than the average joe. I knew several Olympic-level judoka who were pack a day smokers, for instance, and these dudes were taking medals at pan-ams and all African championships pretty easily. Hell, lots of NHL players were straight up doing speed for much of the 80s and 90s, until the league started cracking down on that.

I'd imagine there's quite a few players with some prescriptions for stuff like modafinil too.
Good point. Not to mention painkillers.

If the league starts taking action against one thing, there's going to be getting pressure to deal with all of it.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Geno seems like a guy too close to his parents to do stupid **** like that. He lived with Sarge when he was a rookie, his parents stayed with him alot .
I don't doubt when Bugsy was doing it there were a few that did it as well, but I think Geno might have been too worried about what it'd do to his career and image.

He does seem more family oriented than his other russian conterparts in the league which could give him the benefit of the doubt here I suppose

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t care if NHLers or any adult uses cocaine (responsibly). Don’t hold that against Kuzy.

But I think this coming after the blatant lie and acting like a innocent golden boy with the video thing last year, is a sign of character and brains. And I hate saying that about people I don’t know and have never met. He might be (or probably is) an ok guy but like you’d think to stay the f*** away from the slopes if you're him after that whole ordeal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Geno seems like a guy too close to his parents to do stupid **** like that. He lived with Sarge when he was a rookie, his parents stayed with him alot .

LOL what? He didn’t use cocaine because he was close to his parents?

Man, some of you guys need to get out. I guarantee half the current Pens squad has dabbled in blow.

Coke can have a nasty side, but it is easily as accessible as marijuana before it was legal in most major cities and likely used in the same manner.

You do realize Russia has bars where you do nitrous balloons and drink beer? We’ve all seen the pictures of Geno, Radulov, and Kovalchuk lit af at the club. Guarantee that dude has hit rails with those two many times.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Alright somebody bring out the Malkin strip club vid

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
4 years, lol.

rmW8YOY.gif

--Oh, it's 4 years from IIHF play. Meh, ESPN's ticker made it sound like it was from NHL play.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
LOL what? He didn’t use cocaine because he was close to his parents?

Man, some of you guys need to get out. I guarantee half the current Pens squad has dabbled in blow.

Coke can have a nasty side, but it is easily as accessible as marijuana before it was legal in most major cities and likely used in the same manner.

You do realize Russia has bars where you do nitrous balloons and drink beer? We’ve all seen the pictures of Geno, Radulov, and Kovalchuk lit af at the club. Guarantee that dude has hit rails with those two many times.
At least he's not stupid enough to get caught or lie about it and then get caught.

Reactions: EightyOne

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm curious to see what the NHL does. The league should realize everyone is paying attention to the situation.

They’ve already said what they’re going to do—nothing. He entered the nhl treatment program so he won’t be suspended unless he violates a second time...

Reactions: BHD and pixiesfanyo

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Its weird because he lied and then got caught. Kassian got in way more trouble than he did and Kassian went through the whole process the NHL offers.

My only guess to explain the difference in their respective punishments is that Kassian's car accident happened just as the season was about to start and Kuznetsov's incidents were during the offseason. And, of course, Kuznetsov is a star and Kassian is a scrub.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I like the Maroon signing in Tampa. He can play a low-key role for them during the regular season and then do his thing in the playoffs.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Look. Right or wrong. Whether it passes your own code of ethics or society's morals...

It's Kuznetsov.

f***.

That.

Prick.

Even if he was accused of not helping a babushka cross the street, I'd still say f*** him.

He can go flap his happy little ass to anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad