OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I like the Wings snagging Erne. He looks to be carving out a role at the NHL level. Worst case, they have a guy who can chip in some goals while playing on their bottom line (think Ruutu).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I agree with your overall points aside from Schneider who has had serious injuries that have killed his career and Jarry sucks.
Jarry doesn't suck. I'm not sure where you get that idea from. He got 2 games to prove himself after a longer look the year before, the issues he had were to do with his ability to handle an NHL workload, we never got to see it and well..the team was ass for large stretches of the season, glad he stayed in WBS where another idiot was screwing that pooch harder than the one on the big club with his ignorance and lack of taking a step back to see a bigger picture of his problems and his staff.

Jarry is definitely a guy that a team would want and groom into a potential starter. There are many with a similar story to his that have rebounded with a trade. He's stuck behind 2 goalies that have a cemented spot, what the f*** is even the point in keeping a 24yr old "future" goalie that is what, a year younger than our current #1?

NJ is doing interesting things, but their lack of movement in net is worrisome. Either Shero is really banking on who he has in the system and that Cory bounces back, or he's blind to that entire issue altogether with his desperate focus on making sure Hall is happy and wants to re-sign.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We needed to be told this?
It's their M.O.

They never freaking learn, even with a new GM, they just never learn.
Gorgeous. I hope the Sabres turn things around. I love seeing their jerseys on television.

I've never seen a team (outside of their sister expansion team) that actively screws their own jersey design up after getting it right and then screwing it up again.

The gold looks great, but that old school jersey style is all they've ever needed and keep messing with to "modernize" it but don't get that sometimes, old is better and new is trash.

Also...#SABRES50 looks like some weird Espresso they're selling when you see it as a hashtag.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry doesn't suck. I'm not sure where you get that idea from. He got 2 games to prove himself after a longer look the year before, the issues he had were to do with his ability to handle an NHL workload, we never got to see it and well..the team was ass for large stretches of the season, glad he stayed in WBS where another idiot was screwing that pooch harder than the one on the big club with his ignorance and lack of taking a step back to see a bigger picture of his problems and his staff.

Jarry is definitely a guy that a team would want and groom into a potential starter. There are many with a similar story to his that have rebounded with a trade. He's stuck behind 2 goalies that have a cemented spot, what the **** is even the point in keeping a 24yr old "future" goalie that is what, a year younger than our current #1?

NJ is doing interesting things, but their lack of movement in net is worrisome. Either Shero is really banking on who he has in the system and that Cory bounces back, or he's blind to that entire issue altogether with his desperate focus on making sure Hall is happy and wants to re-sign.

Nah Jarry sucks. And he’s likely gone at the end of training camp regardless.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
He ended up signing with the Isles.
For 1 year at $1.2 million. Ouch. Before the Pens traded for him he was looking at getting his last big contract this offseason, likely at least 5x5. Now look at him, signing for $1.2 million in late August on a 1 year deal. He better have himself a big year but he's lost a TON of money with his poor play.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So Guerin is the Wild GM and Brassard signed a 1yr with the Islanders.

Guerin needs to do us a solid and take JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->