OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tony Hawk’s older bro.

Falcon Hawk is an artist?

For real though, that artist is fantastic. People might not like that mural, but I think it looks pretty f***ing cool.

I zoomed in and recognized Nychos' logo, thought that was the building logo like PPG for a second.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Gusev is legit, then 50-60 points isn't unreasonable. And yeah, the Devils should be fun to watch. Although, I'm not sure about their goaltending.

Cory Schneider is far better than he has been for the devils the last 2-3 seasons, last year was just one of those Murphy's Law type of years for him, where anything that was going to go bad, went really bad. I always thought he was the next legit #1 that needed his own crease when he was in Vancouver and actually wanted the Pens to get him during another disappointing collapse by MAF.

Their defense is suspect, but it's also insanely mobile. Devils went from a team built on "a good offense is a great defense" to "defense? lmao what?" with all puck movers in the back end and a lot of offensive options all of a sudden. With puck support now not a joke for them, guys like Hall, Hischier, Hughes, and etc will be putting up some bigger numbers with Vatanen there for a full season and Subban joining them on 2 separate pairings.

I think Gusev's trajectory is more like Panarin's, not Kucherov's. We'll see if I am right, he should be good for just under 70pts and win the Calder or fight for it with Hughes. Blackwood actually put up very good numbers for the Devils last year while Kincaid and Schneider crapped out.

I will be surprised if the Devils don't bring in a goalie on a PTO.

Not that there are many options for that. Shero should have been all in on trying to get Jarry.

Reactions: BHD

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Who's the artist?

Yup, its Nychos. It's his style 10000%.

Problem is, it's not San Jose nor the Sharks style, well...actually the Sharks keep trying hard to engage their super dope n cool inner city style. As if that's supposed to resonate with the clearly only rich tech money morons I see at every game.

It's a talking point. But damn if I wouldn't have been fine with just a logo (there's not much real history to tap into unless division champs banners matter) for a mural the team was commissioning.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Cory Schneider is far better than he has been for the devils the last 2-3 seasons, last year was just one of those Murphy's Law type of years for him, where anything that was going to go bad, went really bad. I always thought he was the next legit #1 that needed his own crease when he was in Vancouver and actually wanted the Pens to get him during another disappointing collapse by MAF.

Their defense is suspect, but it's also insanely mobile. Devils went from a team built on "a good offense is a great defense" to "defense? lmao what?" with all puck movers in the back end and a lot of offensive options all of a sudden. With puck support now not a joke for them, guys like Hall, Hischier, Hughes, and etc will be putting up some bigger numbers with Vatanen there for a full season and Subban joining them on 2 separate pairings.

I think Gusev's trajectory is more like Panarin's, not Kucherov's. We'll see if I am right, he should be good for just under 70pts and win the Calder or fight for it with Hughes. Blackwood actually put up very good numbers for the Devils last year while Kincaid and Schneider crapped out.

I will be surprised if the Devils don't bring in a goalie on a PTO.

Not that there are many options for that. Shero should have been all in on trying to get Jarry.

I agree with your overall points aside from Schneider who has had serious injuries that have killed his career and Jarry sucks.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
It's messed. Like I get it was a total accident. But...

Her Bf is suing her.
Her parents are suing her.
Her siblings are suing her.

Her dog is suing her because why not.

I'm suing her as well because I read that article.

Technically the money will come from the homeowner's policy
I think it's a different story if the person who got burned was the one who was manipulating the fireplace, but that wasn't the situation. This person is sitting on the back patio having a drink at a friends house and the next thing you know she's got 3rd degree burns, has to be in a coma, etc.

There's zero contributory negligence here. And while morally it was an accident, legally this person should be entitled to compensation. Should this person just shrug their shoulders and say "oh well that stinks, I guess I'll just pay all these bills myself?"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Technically the money will come from the homeowner's policy
I think it's a different story if the person who got burned was the one who was manipulating the fireplace, but that wasn't the situation. This person is sitting on the back patio having a drink at a friends house and the next thing you know she's got 3rd degree burns, has to be in a coma, etc.

There's zero contributory negligence here. And while morally it was an accident, legally this person should be entitled to compensation. Should this person just shrug their shoulders and say "oh well that stinks, I guess I'll just pay all these bills myself?"

The partner and the victim deserve to get compensated for the trauma and future issues. But her parents and siblings? They're just seeing an opportunity and that's where I think it's sad people do that. You think I'm blaming her and her dude? No. Not at all.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad