OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They’ve already said what they’re going to do—nothing. He entered the nhl treatment program so he won’t be suspended unless he violates a second time...
Guys like him that lie and do it and lie again, whatever thing the NHL has will likely be him just doing it to play and make sure he doesn't get caught.

Reactions: EightyOne

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I repeat again, coke is just such a trashy drug it makes everyone think they're in Studio 54, when they're really just in the men's room of Nick's Fat City.

Last edited:
Reactions: lastcupever75

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Look. Right or wrong. Whether it passes your own code of ethics or society's morals...

It's Kuznetsov.

That.

Prick.

Even if he was accused of not helping a babushka cross the street, I'd still say **** him.

He can go flap his happy little ass to anywhere else.
What if Crosby starts waddling like an actual penguin after he scores? Would he catch flack for that? Would it be cute? Would Don Cherry have an aneurysm?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I repeat again, coke is just such a trashy drug it makes everyone think they're in Studio 54, when they're really just in the men's room of Nick's Fat City.

Sir, you're selling it really well with that analogy! I want to be in Studio 54!

What if Crosby starts waddling like an actual penguin after he scores? Would he catch flack for that? Would it be cute? Would Don Cherry have an aneurysm?

1) I'd not defend him if he became an insufferable douche-nozzle like that.

2) catch flack? Everyone crucified Sid for "whining" lol. He'd be pelted with eggs if he penguin waddled. Rightfully so, too

3) it's not cute to be showboating. Fist pumps and excitement /= flappy arms in a big circle. Kasparitis' full speed belly flop against Buffalo is A-OK, though. That was an important goal scored by a dude who doesn't score. Kuznetsov is primarily a goal scorer. Therefore, reactions like his are unbecoming.

4) anything to get cherry off the air would be positive, though

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I like the Maroon signing in Tampa. He can play a low-key role for them during the regular season and then do his thing in the playoffs.
What is his "thing" in the Playoffs? He's a .46 PPG in the regular season and a .46 PPG in the Playoffs?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What is his "thing" in the Playoffs? He's a .46 PPG in the regular season and a .46 PPG in the Playoffs?
He's meh. Like he had one good run and his emotions were high because of his situation. But the guy had what, a decent run in Anaheim that one time and then again for the Blues? It's more rare than his shtick.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He's meh. Like he had one good run and his emotions were high because of his situation. But the guy had what, a decent run in Anaheim that one time and then again for the Blues? It's more rare than his shtick.

Brassard has a better PPG in the postseason and look at how well he worked out for us. :laugh:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

He could be another useful player for the Bolts. Worst case, he plays a checking role on their 4th line.

Johnson - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Stamkos - Gourde
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Martel - Paquette - Maroon

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Sergachev/Shatts
Coburn - Sergachev/Shatts

Vasilevsky
McEhlhinney

That's a stacked lineup. They still have to get in done in the playoffs (which, I assume, is part of why they signed him), but that's an impressive lineup.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

Too bad. I know Hunwick too a lot of flack here, but you hate to see a player go through something like this.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Brassard has a better PPG in the postseason and look at how well he worked out for us. :laugh:
I think he will be a 40pt guy on the Isles, I wouldn't be shocked if he hits closer to 50-60pts actually. They had a few guys playing C that are better at wing. Brassard is a natural C.

The weirdest thing is how they don't use some of their skill guys in the AHL, Ho-Sang might be a cocky moron, but the guy is talented and I know people here don't like that sort of thing, but I would love the dude on the Pens.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.

Too bad. I know Hunwick too a lot of flack here, but you hate to see a player go through something like this.

As someone who has neck issues currently, I feel for him. He didn't play too poorly prior to his concussion if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, any problems relating to the spine just completely blow.

Reactions: BHD

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I think he will be a 40pt guy on the Isles, I wouldn't be shocked if he hits closer to 50-60pts actually. They had a few guys playing C that are better at wing. Brassard is a natural C.

The weirdest thing is how they don't use some of their skill guys in the AHL, Ho-Sang might be a cocky moron, but the guy is talented and I know people here don't like that sort of thing, but I would love the dude on the Pens.

I feel like it'd be tough to be "cocky" on the Pens with people in the room like Sid and Malkin and Letang, and Cullen before. Maybe a lockeroom like we have is what a player like him needs to help set him straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad