OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
So my boss who retired sent me an email the other day:

"Yesterday I had the fantastic opportunity to play golf and have dinner with two members of the hockey hall of fame. Four time Stanley cup winner Billie Smith and the 1981 #1 overall pick Dale Hawerchuk. Something to remember !!"

Reactions: BHD

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
So my boss who retired sent me an email the other day:

"Yesterday I had the fantastic opportunity to play golf and have dinner with two members of the hockey hall of fame. Four time Stanley cup winner Billie Smith and the 1981 #1 overall pick Dale Hawerchuk. Something to remember !!"

Did your boss get his ankle broken by Smith because he stood a little too close to him on the tee?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Did your boss get his ankle broken by Smith because he stood a little too close to him on the tee?

Haha- I asked him a similarly worded question

Honestly though he intentionally avoided talking just about hockey because he didn't "want to be one of those guys". Said both players were very down to earth. Hawerchuk actually coaches for the Barrie Colts and his son is an amateur golfer in Canada.

I had dinner w/ the Prez of my company and he is close friends with Waddell. He had some good back stories to tell about the Hurricanes

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe. He's not exactly young anymore, either. But I don't hold any ill will and hope he does fine for himself. Just not too fine or against the Penguins.

But man was he abysmal here.
I don't think age has anything to do with his struggles, he lost his confidence on the Pens and the Pens system was largely a mess and his usage was all over the place, they tried him as a winger, a C with random wingers, Brass is more of a guy that settles in when he has wingers that compliment him. The weirdest thing was how poorly Sullivan executed that and then Brassard did no favors with his play either.

But he scored 14 goals while largely sucking on 3 teams.

I feel like he'll be back to being a 40+ pt player in Long Island.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He tested positive for cocaine. So i guess in that last video that leaked, he wasnt just a bystander. I wonder what the league does (nothing).

I’m wondering if they can... Would it be like double jeopardy since they said it was closed? Player’s union would probably have a fit.

At least now everyone knows he’s a liar, and he looks really bad.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m wondering if they can... Would it be like double jeopardy since they said it was closed? Player’s union would probably have a fit.

At least now everyone knows he’s a liar, and he looks really bad.

Of course they can...they can send him to a program if he isn’t already in one...and if he is in one, this would be a suspendable violation ....the video was more than a year old and had nothing to do with this latest test it sounds like

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
When someone shows up with coke.
iu

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Cocaine while recreational can have some bad consequences. Let’s be honest though that **** was present all over the Oilers room and probably the Hawks as well.

08 Pens with Malone and Whitney no doubt as well.

I mean, Probert was doing rails the size of his arm for much of his career, so no doubt.

Coke is such a terrible recreational drug though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Cocaine while recreational can have some bad consequences. Let’s be honest though that **** was present all over the Oilers room and probably the Hawks as well.

08 Pens with Malone and Whitney no doubt as well.

It’s really bad on the blood pressure and the heart...any serious athlete should not be taking that ****.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->