OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Did Shero offer Parise the same contract he signed with Minnesota? At the time it didn't look so bad, but now it's horrendous. Maybe i'm bitter but i could see JR offering Parise that contract he got from Minny, were JR our GM then.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Did Shero offer Parise the same contract he signed with Minnesota? At the time it didn't look so bad, but now it's horrendous. Maybe i'm bitter but i could see JR offering Parise that contract he got from Minny, were JR our GM then.

Im pretty sure Shero was offering both Suter/Parise those deals. Some teams were offering more.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well if he didn’t get hurt so much or that nagging injury he would be worth that contract and then some right now. I think because of his injury he might actually be fresher for the rest of it oddly enough. If Parise had waived and we could get him with cap room to space and they wanted to dump him, I’d still be all over that.

Last two seasons he’s been on a 30 goal pace.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Im pretty sure Shero was offering both Suter/Parise those deals. Some teams were offering more.

Well if he didn’t get hurt so much or that nagging injury he would be worth that contract and then some right now. I think because of his injury he might actually be fresher for the rest of it oddly enough. If Parise had waived and we could get him with cap room to space and they wanted to dump him, I’d still be all over that.

Last two seasons he’s been on a 30 goal pace.

Geez I guess hadn't realized everyone was all in on Suter and Parise like that, also reminds me of Shero offering Staal max years or maybe it was 10 but it seemed pretty crazy. Although yea Parise has been pretty consistent into his 3o's despite his injuries.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease be Chiarelli.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . .

230px-BillGuerin2015_2.jpg

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Tippett saying he’s gonna play McDavid less on PK, more at 5v5 and PP. Not ruling out having McDavid play the full powerplay.

A) probably already should have been happening
B) Fully expect him to push 130-140 points if this is the case.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Tippet realizes that...

A) McDavid's talent is better used at ES and the PP
B) Other players can PK

If any coach can get more with less (i.e., the Oilers current roster), it's Tippett. It's why I supported the hire.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Russo’s new article about Fenton makes him seem more crappy than he already came off, but it also made the Wild ownership look pretty bad imo.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
NHL.com said:
"I can say anything now but first I need to play 5-10 games," Gusev told Sport-Express in Russia. "[Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita] Kucherov scored 128 points and this is a good goal, isn't it? So I'll try to follow him."

The full article is here.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Geez I guess hadn't realized everyone was all in on Suter and Parise like that, also reminds me of Shero offering Staal max years or maybe it was 10 but it seemed pretty crazy. Although yea Parise has been pretty consistent into his 3o's despite his injuries.

Parise and Suter added to our core would’ve been much different than making them our core like Minnesota did.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Parise and Suter added to our core would’ve been much different than making them our core like Minnesota did.

This is true. However Parise would likely still have his back issues. Either way it worked out, I was a little younger then and really want Parise with Sid and was bitter that it didn't happen. Now it's like heh you guys chose mediocrity and obscurity

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Is the skelly shark eating the inside out shark's brain or... ?

Yes. No. Wait....I think there's too many bones for a mostly cartilageous based animal anyway...

Screenshot_20190805-170629.jpg

The stomach has a Ducks mask, Flames skate like in some old branding, a Kings related Staples Center "1111" street address license plate...I think I saw a fish skeleton so i guess the Canucks....not sure what the random red helmet, basketball, or soda/water mean, if anything. It's got part of the hockey stick they choke on every year.

I didn't see anything for Las Vegas.

It's kinda funny to say it's eaten all the other division teams.

Be a lot better if they had a Stanley Cup in there by now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I still wish we could have gotten him. I have stated it before but I'll do it again, this guy is gonna be ****ing very good next season. I'm actually kind of excited to watch the Devils next season.

Feels weird man.

If Gusev is legit, then 50-60 points isn't unreasonable. And yeah, the Devils should be fun to watch. Although, I'm not sure about their goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia