Around the NHL 2014-15 part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Not saying Kane did/didn't do any of this and so on, does this woman get jail time for her accusations IF it's not true?

If I was Kane I would have security cameras and sound recorders in case these things happen - seems difficult to give evidence of what happened otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it is a crime but I doubt anyone without a legal degree has any idea on how the courts would normally handle something like that.

Like a lot of things you see covered in the media, it's the aberrations that seem to gain the most attention so even trying to reference any well known examples is probably sheer folly.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
How good is MLB TV?
Works much better then GCL does for me, runs much smoother and doesn't seem nearly as jumpy as GCL is. Just seems like they could do more then what they currently provide, then again get it cheaper here then in NA so can't complain too much I suppose :laugh:

One thing I like with what they've done with GCL compared to MLB.TV is cut out all the adbreaks on replayed games, saves quite a lot of time now. Really wish MLB.TV did that.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
One thing I like with what they've done with GCL compared to MLB.TV is cut out all the adbreaks on replayed games, saves quite a lot of time now. Really wish MLB.TV did that.

Yeah that's the best part of GCL I remember back in the day where you had to wait two days to view a game and it would still have ads in it.

I do wish they made it harder to accidentally find out the results of games though. You can turn the score off but can still see how lo the game lasts and when you're watching a tie game you basically know when it's going to end.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
There's some talk about the MLB.tv vs GCL in the business of hockey section.

The general thought is that MLB.tv is better quality and doesn't have buffering issues. However that may potentially be due to only being 30 fps compared to 60 for the NHL. I kind of wonder if 30 might not look so good in a fast-paced hockey.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Yeah that's the best part of GCL I remember back in the day where you had to wait two days to view a game and it would still have ads in it.

I do wish they made it harder to accidentally find out the results of games though. You can turn the score off but can still see how lo the game lasts and when you're watching a tie game you basically know when it's going to end.

I hear this sentiment a lot, so I think I'm in the minority when I say that I always want to know the score. I discovered that a big part of the fun of watching a game was the spontaneity of a live event. When it's recorded, I feel more like I'm just chewing through info that I need, rather than doing something fun. So I don't watch losses that I missed anymore except to see certain plays and examine certain players. Otherwise . . . most of us here are like me in that we all spent a lot of time watching the Ducks lose in the early years. I really don't need to add to that stockpile in my head.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

The general thought is that MLB.tv is better quality and doesn't have buffering issues. However that may potentially be due to only being 30 fps compared to 60 for the NHL. I kind of wonder if 30 might not look so good in a fast-paced hockey.
Hmm. I'm trying to decide between the Center Ice and GCL packages this year and lower streaming quality is a real problem for me.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia

The navigation bar with marked highlights on the bottom was really annoying to myself too, but I found out that using the pop out removes the bar altogether. It was just that I had this procedure before every game: squint my eyes and move real fast to select the game and pop out. You know when you're repeating the mantra "don't look at the bar, don't look at the bar, don't...." in your head, good luck at not noticing the bar. Therefore the squint eyes.

Yes, I hope they made it better to hide indications of the outcome. However I don't think I'll be a customer the coming season anymore.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Haha yeah, the marked highlights can be annoying if you want the "surprise me" style of watching.

But if you're multitasking it's kind of useful so you know "OK, be sure to pay full attention now."

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA

You don't really have to wonder, 60 FPS makes a whole world of a difference when watching something on a screen/monitor. Any computer geek will tell you 60 fps should be the standard and some even aim for 120 if they can. When you look at the difference at a game running at 60 vs 30 or even Youtube videos now having the 60 fps option you can see it's quite the noticeable upgrade. Especially in a sport such as hockey, those extra 30 frames could make the game look much smoother.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
NHLPA files a grievance for Richards. Good for them, the Kings need to be put in their place with their shadiness. Keep the convicted wife beater because he's still a good player and has a low cap hit but cut the other guy because he sucks and his contract is awful. Such crappy decisions by the Kings organization.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
NHLPA files a grievance for Richards. Good for them, the Kings need to be put in their place with their shadiness. Keep the convicted wife beater because he's still a good player and has a low cap hit but cut the other guy because he sucks and his contract is awful. Such crappy decisions by the Kings organization.

Agreed. It's ridiculous that this team isn't being exposed.

For the record, I can see their argument about Richards, but you can't pull that **** when you have a wife beater still on the roster.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Whats most likely to happen after the news today?

There will be a hearing between Richards and the league in front of a neutral arbitrator. The Kings will argue that Richards' arrest amounts to a breach of his SPC. Richards will say it doesn't. Richards may also argue bad faith and breach on the part of the Kings. It'll take awhile.

Last edited:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
There will be a hearing between Richards and the league in front of a neutral arbitrator. The Kings will argue that Richards' arrest amounts to a beach of his SPC. Richards will say it doesn't. Richards may also argue bar faith and beach on the part of the Kings. It'll take awhile.

All this talk about "beach" makes me think of you know who. :laugh:

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
There will be a hearing between Richards and the league in front of a neutral arbitrator. The Kings will argue that Richards' arrest amounts to a breach of his SPC. Richards will say it doesn't. Richards may also argue bad faith and breach on the part of the Kings. It'll take awhile.

Kings really put themselves in a bad spot of an arrest is a breach, since Voynov is currently serving 90 days in almost jail and he still is getting paid by the Kings...

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Ouch. Life is hard for 20 Cent right now.

Edit: New cover screenshot from EA's twitter.
CMOs-xMWgAA9gvB.jpg:large

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: