Around the NHL 2014-15 part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Also, circumstances.

Are you a linebacker and the guy on the street is an 85 pound septuagenarian?
Are you an 85 pound septuagenarian and is the woman named Rousey?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Also, circumstances.

Are you a linebacker and the guy on the street is an 85 pound septuagenarian?
Are you an 85 pound septuagenarian and is the woman named Rousey?

:laugh:

Then snark's scenario would involve the woman beating the man. Badly. That woman is a force of nature in a fight.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Personally I think it's better than Kesler's but not a steal like some think it is. I do think it's a good deal though.

Gio is a #1 defenseman, where as Kesler is a 2nd line center (although a very good one). Gio will be older when his deal concludes, but I think they'll be about the same as far as what they have left in the tank, as I think Kesler will break down quicker than Gio will. Plus, I'd rather overpay for a #1 defenseman than a 2nd line center. It should be noted that I don't hate the Kesler contract either. I just think Murray rushed it, and could have done a better job if he would have waited. Not much reason to cave into such demands this early.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Difference to me is that Gio is a 9M player for now whereas Kesler is not. Both will be bad contracts by the end but CGY gets great value for a couple years and we only get fair value.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Richards officially charged with what would amount to a misd in California. I think the Kings are in trouble and going to lose their grievance. Hopefully they get slapped with some cap circumvention penalty.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The best you can hope for is the PA winning the fight, and the Kings being forced to buyout Richards. I agree, no additional penalty is going to be levied against the Kings. If there is one, than Lombardi will look like even more of a fool than he already does in this case

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The best you can hope for is the PA winning the fight, and the Kings being forced to buyout Richards. I agree, no additional penalty is going to be levied against the Kings. If there is one, than Lombardi will look like even more of a fool than he already does in this case

The best will be the Kings being unable to buy him out until next summer, which is as it should be, and being forced to either play him or bury him in Ontario this season and take the cap hit.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The best will be the Kings being unable to buy him out until next summer, which is as it should be, and being forced to either play him or bury him in Ontario this season and take the cap hit.

True.

Even better would be if Sutter played him over talented young players that need a shot like Jordan Weal and Nick Shore

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
I was born long after the Islanders dynasty, but it's not hard to realize just how important Al Arbour was to the game. He was 1 of only 2 people in North American pro sports history to win at least 3 championships as a player and 3 as a coach, the other being another hockey guy, Toe Blake.

RIP

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I am super drunk and I just made a lot of bets.....please asset them

Calgary LA whoever makes it further in post season 20 bucks on calgary

Calgary LA whoever has more regular season points 20 on calgary

Getzlaf vs Makin overall regular season points 20 bucks

Getzlaf vs Kopitar HEAD TO HEAD regular season free way faceoff 50 bucks

Ducks vs LA whoever makes it further in post season if both teams get eliminated in same round deal is off. 40 bucks on ducks

Gulls vs Reign whoeer makes it deeper 20 bucks

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I am super drunk and I just made a lot of bets.....please asset them

Calgary LA whoever makes it further in post season 20 bucks on calgary

Calgary LA whoever has more regular season points 20 on calgary

Getzlaf vs Makin overall regular season points 20 bucks

Getzlaf vs Kopitar HEAD TO HEAD regular season free way faceoff 50 bucks

Ducks vs LA whoever makes it further in post season if both teams get eliminated in same round deal is off. 40 bucks on ducks

Gulls vs Reign whoeer makes it deeper 20 bucks

I think you'll lose most of these. I think LA outperforms Calgary this year so I see you losing the first two.

Malkin will get more points than Getzlaf so I think you lose that one as well. That Pittsburgh team is built for high offense and the 3 on 3 OT will inflate their numbers even more.

I think you'll lose the Kopitar vs Getzlaf one as well. Assuming you mean most points during the free way faceoff? They always stick Doughty on Getzlaf's line and that hurts them as far as points go. I think Getzlaf is a much better player than Kopitar, but Kopitar will get more points in the free way face off games IMO.

I think the Ducks will go further than the Kings so you'll win this one.

No idea on the last one, but didn't the Kings AHL team just win the championship?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think you'll lose most of these. I think LA outperforms Calgary this year so I see you losing the first two.

Malkin will get more points than Getzlaf so I think you lose that one as well. That Pittsburgh team is built for high offense and the 3 on 3 OT will inflate their numbers even more.

I think you'll lose the Kopitar vs Getzlaf one as well. Assuming you mean most points during the free way faceoff? They always stick Doughty on Getzlaf's line and that hurts them as far as points go. I think Getzlaf is a much better player than Kopitar, but Kopitar will get more points in the free way face off games IMO.

No idea on the last one, but didn't the Kings AHL team just win the championship?

Getz had 5 and Kopitar had 6 last season. They each had point in every game. It's close enough to make it worth betting on, anyway.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

They did but they're losing Jordan Weal and Nick Shore, perhaps their best two players. Meanwhile the Ducks are adding Ritchie, Theodore, Gibson, Montour and keeping Noesen, kerdiles, Friberg, Manson probably.

The other bets he will probably lose. I like Calgary but if they outperform the Kings two years in a row I'd be shocked. The Kings added Lucic and are getting Pearson back from injury. Really their only significant loss is Williams. They also might be getting Voynov back, and Ehrhoff>>old man Regehr.

Granted, the Flames will get Giordano back from injury and also got Hamilton (not to mention a full year of Sam bennett). Still, I expect the Kings to be better

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Getz had 5 and Kopitar had 6 last season. They each had point in every game. It's close enough to make it worth betting on, anyway.

I'm not saying that one isn't going to be close. Just seems like when we play each other Kopitar generally shows up on the scoresheet more often than Getzlaf does. I think a large reason for that is we don't have a Doughty guarding Kopitar. That one could go either way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad