Around the NHL 2014-15 part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
To me, it's gross that he joked about injuring Miller. He's a piece of garbage and he's definitely on the right team.
Yeah that`s bad. I didn`t read that far because i stopped when Wyshinski started (automatically).
:laugh: Lucic already wants out? LAK please keep up the ****show, excellent entertainment value.

He doesn`t even say that, actually. It was just blown out of proportion

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kopitar is going to get 8 years 10 million. The Kings are going to have to pay it because someone will.

Oh boy if the PA can win the Richards battle they are in cap hell for a long time.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I remember when everyone was up in arms about Getz/Pear's contracts saying how bad they were.

And now Kopitar will end up signing a max term 10m a year deal, haha.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
One could argue that the stars don't make enough now, and that the 2nd/3rd line guys make too much.

Just compare the 2005-2006 salaries vs the cap to now. Pronger and Niedermayer made ~6.5 million, there were a few 7s. Now that the cap has more than doubled, but the top salary is still under 12?

Aka Stoner makes too much and Getzlaf not enough.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
One could argue that the stars don't make enough now, and that the 2nd/3rd line guys make too much.

Just compare the 2005-2006 salaries vs the cap to now. Pronger and Niedermayer made ~6.5 million, there were a few 7s. Now that the cap has more than doubled, but the top salary is still under 12?

Aka Stoner makes too much and Getzlaf not enough.

That's true. But I wonder how many of those 05-06 guys were signed out of free agency on a bidding war. The market was flooded coming out of the lockout.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I would like Kopitar to leave LA as much as anyone else, but people are getting ahead of themselves. There were reports this summer that Gio and the Flames were off, and that Gio was seeking 9 million. They just signed him for less than 7. Don't celebrate just yet.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would like Kopitar to leave LA as much as anyone else, but people are getting ahead of themselves. There were reports this summer that Gio and the Flames were off, and that Gio was seeking 9 million. They just signed him for less than 7. Don't celebrate just yet.

He's probably not going to leave but he has all the leverage in those negotiations.

He's gotta be looking around that roster and noticing the they paid Dustin Brown over 6 million dollars to completely suck. He's gotta be asking himself: "why the hell would I sign on for only 2 million more than that hack?"

Gio is older and got quite a bit of term. As much as I rag on him for not being elite offensively, Kopitar just turned 28, has 2 cups, and is one of the best defensive forwards in hockey. He also routinely puts up at least 65 points every season. If the Kings lose him their cup window is over. I'm sure he knows that. Lombardi is going to have to fork it over. I doubt he'd have the balls to trade him for a decent return while he can. If he walks away for nothing, that team is seriously screwed.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA

I don't think he'll end up leaving LA, but I do think he'll end up making at least 9m AAV on his next contract and possibly closer to Toews' 10.5. That's gotta be the comparable his agent is using, given his Selke nominations and production/all-around value. Lombardi might be trying to push for a Getzlaf contract, but that one was signed a few years ago now. If Ryan O'Reilly and Paul Stastny are $7m, Kopi is worth at least $10m. With max term, maybe Dean can wriggle down the AAV a bit, but max term only takes Kopi to age 36/37 (I forget when his birthdate is exactly). He should still be productive even in the last year or two of that contract.

Last edited:

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Well Kings should have enough cap space to cover Richards if that termination is overturned, now.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-0904-kings-voynov-20150904-story.html

“According to the victim, she is scared of the defendant and he is very aggressive when he drinks,†Voynov's probation report said. “She admitted this was not the first time the defendant has struck her.â€
This is why i think he needs to, even if he avoids deportation, demonstrate reform before getting his multi-million dollar very public job back. Couldn't really go into it before because of the libel rules but it's quite naive to think this sort of thing just happens once, that a perfectly loving husband just one day "snaps" and proceeds to beat his wife over an extended period of time in multiple locations.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
ICE will assess his case and make a decision. There's a chance he gets deported, but I'd say it's unlikely.

I'd have said it was unlikely too, until they detained him. I don't know the SOP in L.A., but detaining costs money, especially detainer without bond. I don't see any reason why they'd have done that if they weren't going to initiate removal proceedings.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Now the Kane accusations are going to a grand jury hearing.

Not a good week for NHL PR.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Now the Kane accusations are going to a grand jury hearing.

Not a good week for NHL PR.

On a national scale no one in America cares though.

Everyone is too busy talking about Tom Brady. It isn't good publicity but it won't really affect them until Kane is forced out of Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad