Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I said this on the mains... I don't get it. They fired the coach that took a FIRST-YEAR EXPANSION TEAM to the Cup Final, made the playoffs in year 2 and only lost in the first round because of one of the sketchiest calls in recent playoff memory, and they're in a points tie for a wild card spot now.

Very quick trigger.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Well, St Louis changed coaches mid year and won a Cup. Therefore the way to win a Cup is to fire your coach.

It will be really crazy next year if a team like Toronto or Vegas wins the Cup this year. Every team will fire their coach next year.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
After losing the last 3 games at home, I predicted Gallant might be on the hot seat if the Knights had a rough 3-game road trip.

I am floored that he is gone on the heels of a 4-game losing streak.

He and the entire team have been awful for the past 6 weeks, but to terminate him on the spot for DeBoer....? WOW. Wow.

To make matters worse, the Knights sent out 2020-2021 season ticket invoices this week. The result: a 12.5% bump to ticket prices. This is absolutely outrageous. I have tickets in the upper bowl, and they are expecting me to spend $90/ticket/game for this crap. I could probably buy lower bowl at Nationwide for the same....

As I said on the VGK page: my loyalty to this franchise has taken a SERIOUS hit this week. The majority of fans in Vegas were outraged at the season ticket price increases on Tuesday. That level of animosity is literally off the charts right now, as fewer than 10% of the fans support today's move.

Not a good day to be part of the Vegas Golden Knights family.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Remember that brouhaha between Rutherford and Torts when they signed Jack Johnson? Rutherford took a shot at the CBJ, and Torts basically told him to shove it?

Who would you say is winning that one?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Don't forget the bankruptcy lawyers

I believe I read an article about Jack not too long ago, and he confirmed he's in good financial standing now. No idea about his relationship with his parents, but at least he's in a good place financially.

(Yes I know you were making a joke I just wanted to say because even though we might not have liked how Jack left, and all that drama, I don't think anyone wants him to be in financial hell still)

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I believe I read an article about Jack not too long ago, and he confirmed he's in good financial standing now. No idea about his relationship with his parents, but at least he's in a good place financially.

(Yes I know you were making a joke I just wanted to say because even though we might not have liked how Jack left, and all that drama, I don't think anyone wants him to be in financial hell still)

Glad to hear it, I always liked Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad