Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah,I’m sitting here watching the ASG and Duclair on the ice and scoring. I find myself laughing and laughing as I’m sure there must be a punch line at hand, yet I’m not sure what it is.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I believe I read an article about Jack not too long ago, and he confirmed he's in good financial standing now. No idea about his relationship with his parents, but at least he's in a good place financially.

(Yes I know you were making a joke I just wanted to say because even though we might not have liked how Jack left, and all that drama, I don't think anyone wants him to be in financial hell still)
He should be fine, or at least as fine as your can be with a bankruptcy on your record. He signed a guaranteed contract for over 16 million with the Penguins and the settlements limited creditors to 10% of his future earnings. I'm unsure of his agreement with the final 2 creditors. Even though all of this he's still in much better financial standing as a pro athlete than any of us are. I know I'll never sniff his income.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Yeah,I’m sitting here watching the ASG and Duclair on the ice and scoring. I find myself laughing and laughing as I’m sure there must be a punch line at hand, yet I’m not sure what it is.

He's an all star due to the horrible format and the "every team needs at least one player" BS rule.

Reactions: ViD

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He's an all star due to the horrible format and the "every team needs at least one player" BS rule.
Ottawa has two players (though admittedly Brady was added as a replacement). Still it means he was deemed the Sens best....maybe that’s one possible punch line. Maybe not.

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The ASG showcasing game action broadcast technology was just painful. I hope the trail on the puck, the name flags above players, and circles indicating possession aren’t widely adopted. The beauty of hockey is it’s uncluttered flow. I thought these “innovations “ were a disaster. Once HD became standard, following the puck became pretty simple.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The ASG showcasing game action broadcast technology was just painful. I hope the trail on the puck, the name flags above players, and circles indicating possession aren’t widely adopted. The beauty of hockey is it’s uncluttered flow. I thought these “innovations “ were a disaster. Once HD became standard, following the puck became pretty simple.

Didn't like the circles or the name clutter. Thought it was not needed and distracting. But I would disagree with the puck trailer (even though I personally really don't like it). I think the trailer has improved over the previous version and with technology improvements I believe if they continue to explore it (I think they will) they can make it even better. Everyone has the same argument with the puck trailer, HD solves everything. Not true. If this was clearly an issue that has been eliminated for the novice hockey fan they wouldn't continue to explore it. Ask most sports fans that don't watch hockey and they will probably tell you it's because they can't follow the puck. Compare it to golf on TV and the Protracer technology. Why alienate prospective new fans by not giving them the available technology that allows them to watch and enjoy the games the way the traditionalists do. Golf is doing it and the NFL is testing similar technology as well.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I didn't find it that bad..granted I only was able to catch the ASG..

If anything I feel it was more of a soft roll out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Since we are on the topic of the ASG, I have a beef with the Shooting Stars event. I'm fine with the concept of it but why is the easiest and largest target worth the most points? It makes zero sense to have the arch be worth 10 points but the smaller box behind it and the goal on the far end of the ice were only worth 4 points. Everyone was just taking every shot at the arch.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think instead of all of that, they should just simply have a spotlight on the puck. You'd be able to spot the puck quicker when it's above the dasher boards and on the near side dasher (where the camera can't show it). When the puck is on the ice in view of the camera, it won't be distracting.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I can't believe with all the firepower the Jets have, that they aren't in a playoff position. one of the most baffling teams in the league this year to me.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What the hell happened to Nashville?!? They suck!
Goaltending went straight to hell. Defense depth has decayed significantly (Harrington would be an upgrade to the bottom pairing. No, really.) Also something something Curse Of Matt Duchene woo

* * *​
Their defense and goalies are horrible.
Defense, yes; the depth has fallen apart. Goalies, not so much; Hellebuyck has been having a really good season.
EDIT: Yikes. Not a very good last three starts, though. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad