Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
As I watch Boston playing Montreal, I’m again left to ask how their opponents don’t end up with double the power play chances in almost every Bruin game......The number of overlooked penalties they commit is just unbelievable.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
As I watch Boston playing Montreal, I’m again left to ask how their opponents don’t end up with double the power play chances in almost every Bruin game......The number of overlooked penalties they commit is just unbelievable.

I second this; yet I find it funny how everytime we play an opposing team, i'll check in on their GDTs, and am always finding people saying how much WE get away with penalties. most notably, the Avs GDT from the previous game. my goodness. every other post was "I can't believe the Jackets get away with this many penalties".

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

I watched this entire game as well and felt exactly the same way. How did Gallagher end up in the box after getting cross-checked in the face/neck by Chara? Nutso.

I also found myself thinking "Damn, this team is really f***ing good."

Reactions: MoeBartoli

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Reports say that Carolina will be officially awarded a Stadium Series game sometime during tonight's Stadium Series game. Washington the rumored opponent.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
After reading the Chill Factor, I have mixed feelings about the Jackets playing in the Horse Shoe,
due to the back stabbing administrators at OSU who plotted to keep Columbus from getting an NHL team

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
OSU will never let an outdoor game happen at the Shoe. Not sure why....would be a great 3 hour advertisement for the stadium and the school.
I had this argument with someone on Twitter. I was skeptical because I'd never heard it before.
After reading the Chill Factor, I have mixed feelings about the Jackets playing in the Horse Shoe,
due to the back stabbing administrators at OSU who plotted to keep Columbus from getting an NHL team
I actually didn't know that, either.

Why? Were they just trying to keep their monopoly on being the only team in town?

Even then, moving forward -- they allowed the Crew to use Ohio Stadium as their home field for three seasons before renovations made it impossible. I don't see what the hangup would be about allowing the Jackets to use the stadium one time. It would be money in their pocket. What's the problem?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The big positive of the CBJ never playing in an outdoor game is that the NHL has never made them wear hideous jerseys like what LA and Colorado are wearing in this game.

Oof.

Reactions: rotsbu

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
OSU will never let an outdoor game happen at the Shoe. Not sure why....would be a great 3 hour advertisement for the stadium and the school.

I think they will. And I think we will be getting an outdoor games within the next 2 years or so.

I think the NHL is waiting for Detroit to get good. So they can try the Ohio vs Michigan thing.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I think they will. And I think we will be getting an outdoor games within the next 2 years or so.

I think the NHL is waiting for Detroit to get good. So they can try the Ohio vs Michigan thing.
I actually hadn't had that thought. They want Ohio and Michigan, but they're waiting for them both to be good. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Florida Panthers just placed Jayce Hawryluk on waivers. 24 years old.
Last season- 12 points in 42 NHL games, 32 points in 31 AHL games.
This season- 3 points in 15 NHL games, 1 point in 6 AHL games.

Anybody interested in a waiver claim at this point just to help out with all of the Jacket's injuries?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Florida Panthers just placed Jayce Hawryluk on waivers. 24 years old.
Last season- 12 points in 42 NHL games, 32 points in 31 AHL games.
This season- 3 points in 15 NHL games, 1 point in 6 AHL games.

Anybody interested in a waiver claim at this point just to help out with all of the Jacket's injuries?

We have about 10 identical guys currently on the roster.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
We have about 10 identical guys currently on the roster.

Honestly, I don't know much about Jayce Hawryluk... Other, than he was a highly sought prospect from a few years ago...

I don't expect much out of him, but at this point... It's a healthy body and lets us send a forward back to Cleveland, who seems to be struggling as well with all of our injuries.

For anyone concerned, he's on a 1 year- 2 way deal that leaves him as an RFA after this season. So, we aren't committed to him next year.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020

I hadn't thought of this. I'd always thought CBJ-Pitt in the Shoe would be awesome. Of course, that runs the risk of 50,000+ Pittsburgh fans there as long as Crosby & Malkin are still around (i.e. the Pens are still very good to great).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad