Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
They're not over it. They're seriously, legitimately, for-real not over it.

Why the Lightning were one of two teams to vote 'no' on...

“I brought the format to my team,” Killorn said via text Saturday night. “They didn’t feel it was fair that certain teams that probably wouldn’t have made the playoffs would have a chance to make the playoffs in a best-of-five series. My team also felt it was unfair that the teams with a bye would not be as well prepared for a playoff series as the teams that had already basically played a playoff series to get into the playoffs.
(emphasis added)
“The only problem I have with that format is that the top teams that have a bye, I don’t know how competitive their games will be going forward where the teams at the bottom will be playing playoff games right away and (would be) potentially more prepared for, I guess, the real playoffs,” Killorn said.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I thought Killorn went to an Ivy league school, the 24 teams get two exhibition games and the top four teams in each conference play each other for seeding, so it's not like the top teams are going into their actual first series cold with months of rust against teams that have already played a series.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I thought Killorn went to an Ivy league school, the 24 teams get two exhibition games and the top four teams in each conference play each other for seeding, so it's not like the top teams are going into their actual first series cold with months of rust against teams that have already played a series.

Aren't his comments supposed to represent how the team collectively feels? He's their rep. I don't have an issue with teams trying to make the playoff format as beneficial to themselves as possible (via proper channels).

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Congrats to former inaugural CBJer Kevyn Adams on becoming the new Sabres GM. Unfortunately, he's going to need alot of luck or good fortune to not have have Eichel Nash his way out of town with a few more losing seasons.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I remember watching him on the Leafs in like 98 when we went to Toronto for spring break and thought he was a solid bottom six player so I was pleased when we snagged him

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Yep, and then Wennberg becomes all world, scoring 80 pts each season... I still miss Wild Bill and seeing what Calvert has become makes me wonder what we would have been if we kept Voracek and drafted Sean Couturier

Bottom line, sometimes the best trade or change would be the one you didn't make.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yep, and then Wennberg becomes all world, scoring 80 pts each season... I still miss Wild Bill and seeing what Calvert has become makes me wonder what we would have been if we kept Voracek and drafted Sean Couturier

Bottom line, sometimes the best trade or change would be the one you didn't make.

nitpick but Calvert is the same player as when he left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad