OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Every team has its issues. Not every team is slowly disintegrating to the ground and becoming known as one of the worst managed franchises in pro sports. Miss me with that "you're not the only ones with issues" crap.

Ok. I guess dealing with crap from toronto's media on th regular, I just don't see this as 'that bad'.

One or the other will get traded and it will blow over and we all get to move on to the next big drama drop.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is just an opportunity to show how hardcore a Sens fan you really are.

Miss the playoffs.

Woo!

Bad trades.

Woo!

Melnyk trashes his own fan base.

Woo!

Lottery result drops Sens outside of the obvious top 3.

Woo!

Alfredsson comes out publicly against the owner.

Woo!

Randy Lee scandal.

Woo?

Sociopathic Sens player girlfriend.

Woo.....

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It's certainly causing me to weigh all my options. I've been a fan for 15 yrs. now and have been through a lot with this team. Still the events around Karlsson are very ? I think it's very likely he's traded now given this week's developments. If that happens I can't see myself supporting the team. There are 3 players in the league that you absolutely don't trade. They are: Sidney Crosby, Connor Mcdavid and Erik Karlsson.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This is just an opportunity to show how hardcore a Sens fan you really are.

Miss the playoffs.

Woo!

Bad trades.

Woo!

Melnyk trashes his own fan base.

Woo!

Lottery result drops Sens outside of the obvious top 3.

Woo!

Alfredsson comes out publicly against the owner.

Woo!

Randy Lee scandal.

Woo?

Sociopathic Sens player girlfriend.

Woo.....
No reason to think things are looking grim, everything is fine...

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Ok. I guess dealing with crap from toronto's media on th regular, I just don't see this as 'that bad'.

One or the other will get traded and it will blow over and we all get to move on to the next big drama drop.
There is WAY more too this than the Hoffman debacle.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
There is WAY more too this than the Hoffman debacle.

Ok well I'm just referring to the Hoffman debacle. As it was that camel straw that seemed to break this TS's back and create the thread.

I just popped in to say, as your enemy. As someone who absolutely despises the Ottawa Senators. I don't really think the Hoffman crap is anything to be embarrassed about.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Ok well I'm just referring to the Hoffman debacle. As it was that camel straw that seemed to break this TS's back and create the thread.

I just popped in to say, as your enemy. As someone who absolutely despises the Ottawa Senators. I don't really think the Hoffman crap is anything to be embarrassed about.
As a standalone thing, it's still a big deal. This isn't some kind of vague Lupul infidelity rumour, this is a legal proceeding involving two of the team's biggest players.

But the embarrassment comes from the laundry list of things that have been happening to make this team the joke of the league.

Reactions: branch

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Depends on how the org handled it. If we find out more details that show some sort of mishandling, that's one more thing, but Hoffman having a crazy GF, that's not embarrassing in and of itself (to the fans or the org)

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
As a standalone thing, it's still a big deal. This isn't some kind of vague Lupul infidelity rumour, this is a legal proceeding involving two of the team's biggest players.

But the embarrassment comes from the laundry list of things that have been happening to make this team the joke of the league.

Well I don't see it. It has nothing to do with how the team runs it's organization and it's not even the players. It's hockey wives and twitter for crying out loud.

Some disgusting allegations but we don't know everything yet and to be frank? I really don't care enough because it's hockey wives.

But you do bring up a reminder that this crap does happen everywhere. I totally forgot about the Lupul crap. Thanks for bring that up...lol

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well I don't see it. It has nothing to do with how the team runs it's organization and it's not even the players. It's hockey wives and twitter for crying out loud.

Some disgusting allegations but we don't know everything yet and to be frank? I really don't care enough because it's hockey wives.

But you do bring up a reminder that this crap does happen everywhere. I totally forgot about the Lupul crap. Thanks for bring that up...lol
Take a gander at the shitshow that has been the Sens season since last summer and tell us there's nothing to be embarrassed about for the team.

This is just a turd topping on the diarrhoea sundae

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Depends on how the org handled it. If we find out more details that show some sort of mishandling, that's one more thing, but Hoffman having a crazy GF, that's not embarrassing in and of itself (to the fans or the org)

all i'm trying to say. and that's coming from someone who would love to have it be more than what it is as a means to dig at friends whop like the Senators.

I would use the lowest hanging fruit, but I don't even see this as being on the tree.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Take a gander at the ****show that has been the Sens season since last summer and tell us there's nothing to be embarrassed about for the team.

This is just a turd topping on the diarrhoea sundae

I'm only referring about the Hoffman fiance crap. Maybe I assumed that was the catalyst of this thread.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Vote results suggest it's a polish thread. Where's @PolakDave at? (@ function doesn't seem to track name changes and it loses it's humour if I use your current username...)

I don't wanna leave any spoilers.. But you may see a brief revival when they play their first game against Senegal!

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I mean...I lived through a decade plus of the Murray (Murrayocrity, as we called it over here) "era", so I learned to be grateful for small things like our GM telling stories to the media so they didn't ask cogent questions about management or player performance.

I lived through several losses to an underskilled Leafs team, one loss to a ref-favoured Habs team who took off our best forward's finger.

This is beyond the pale. Cyber-bullying/stalking? allegations, owner threatening to sell the team, constant rumours of other stuff, management being a placeholder for Eugene's whim. I'm reaching a point of fatigue...I yearn for the days of the stability of Rod Bryden and Marshall Johnston. No. "Hot Rod" didn't have all that much money, but he brought it...with that hot leather jacket with the Sens logo, the occasional fist-pump. Even Muckler with his sweaters, his knowing smile...sure he wasn't the best at player development. He was a fine father figure though. That was a great time. I mean, Jason Spezza was an ok interim captain. It was great seeing Alfie evolve into a leader as well, the wait was worth it. And let's not forget 65 Roses or so many small stories of kids being helped by the Sens, Mike Fisher (yes, overpaid by a million...) being a shining beacon of rectitude around the team. All before the Days of Darkness, hiring too many local players, too many no-trades. Even that was somewhat fine though. You knew Bryan was doing his best, even through the near-nepotism of surrounding himself with family instead of people who would question him. He did fine...and the debacle of having Alanis Morrissette share an anthem. Such weirdness. She abandonded this city, the club abandoned Lyndon Slewidge....sigh...it's not easy being a Senators fan these days. Toronto is improving (but not there yet, thank $deity), Montréal an absolute horror, Winnipeg mis-building their team and let's not even talk about Alberta...or B.C. We really are Canada's best hope, as it should be for the capital of Canada, but waylaid by an erratic owner, an easy-to-anger fanbase increasingly made of millennials who have been fed incredible hockey and can't bring themselves to support the team in a tough time...shame shame. And let's not even get into the cold water in the bathrooms, the replacing of Marshy's with Bert's, another link to our glorious past gone. All little links that break the chain, the bond between fan and team. Our only hope, no, not a guru from the sands of Tatooine, but Desmarais bringing in his political clout and financial acumen to save us. Clean the decks folks, fire Pierre d'Orléans, fire the creep Randy Lee, purge the org of any traces of former eras, name Erik KING, a KING IN (BLUE AND) YELLOW, with three crowns on his chest and the legionnaire on his chest as well, to bring us forth into the next era of glory. Then, and only then, will the arrogance of being a Sens fan be restored.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm not embarrassed. For whatever reason this doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. Depending of how the sens respond to things like the Randy Lee situation and Hoffman's GF situation might make me feel embarrassed for the franchise. The team is basically unchanged from the one we had after the Turris trade

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The life of being a pro sports fan is typically just disappointment over and over, so its not like this is uncharted territory. We're just taking it to the extreme with things other than losing.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Not embarrassed, but pretty pissed off that all the bad shit happens to us. It would be nice if this franchise could catch a break once in a while. Not really invested in this team until Melnyk sells, I don't see anything but pain until that. The Ottawa Senators brand has been completely poisoned to the point that it's toxic. Only negative things are thought of when the Senators are brought up. That only changes with ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad