OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is just an opportunity to show how hardcore a Sens fan you really are.

Miss the playoffs.

Woo!

Bad trades.

Woo!

Melnyk trashes his own fan base.

Woo!

Lottery result drops Sens outside of the obvious top 3.

Woo!

Alfredsson comes out publicly against the owner.

Woo!

Randy Lee scandal.

Woo?

Sociopathic Sens player girlfriend.

Woo.....
giphy.gif

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm not embarrassed. For whatever reason this doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. Depending of how the sens respond to things like the Randy Lee situation and Hoffman's GF situation might make me feel embarrassed for the franchise. The team is basically unchanged from the one we had after the Turris trade

Wait a few weeks. That's gonna change.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
From anguish to anger to false hope to pure sadness.

I feel truly hopeless as a Sens fan. Doesn't matter what I am doing at any given time, my thoughts are intertwined with this bizarre and despicable situation.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
As an owner of about 12 or so Sens hats, I don't wear them anymore. I don't understand anything with this owner, its like he's trying to sabotage his own team... from the moment Pittsburg scored in OT, absolutely nothing good happened to this team, most of it self inflicted by an idiot owner.

Reactions: Sensung

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
From anguish to anger to false hope to pure sadness.

I feel truly hopeless as a Sens fan. Doesn't matter what I am doing at any given time, my thoughts are intertwined with this bizarre and despicable situation.

For me it's the opposite, I find myself thinking less and less about the team. There's no point in caring anymore.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Happy that the Senators are getting national coverage on how much of a garbage organization it is.

Also, I still won’t be spending another dime on the Sens. Anybody else on here not spending money on them?

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
For me it's the opposite, I find myself thinking less and less about the team. There's no point in caring anymore.
And thats why the Sens should be relocated, this franchise will never be successful in ottawa. its a black hole, fans dont care about the team, the media dont care about the team. Melnyk is killing this franchise because he thinks that the fans are ungrateful little brats. its sad

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And thats why the Sens should be relocated, this franchise will never be successful in ottawa. its a black hole, fans dont care about the team, the media dont care about the team. Melnyk is killing this franchise because he thinks that the fans are ungrateful little brats. its sad

This is too ridiculous a statement to bother writing a proper reply to.

Not to be snarky, but if you don’t care then why are you even bothering to post on here?

Because I enjoy interacting with the board and its members?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
This has been one hell of a ride this season, in the worst way possible. Have we finally hit rock bottom?

Anyway, I haven't worn any Sens gear, from hats to jerseys to even a t-shirt, in months, out of sheer embarrassment over how this organization is managed. How about you?

I wore my newest Karlsson Senators Jersey during the playoffs. Especially in the final when I wanted the Caps to beat Vegas. I guess I was thinking of my Karlsson Jersey cancelling out the Karlsson that plays for the Golden Knights. Either way, the management and owner are not representative of the crest on the front of my jersey. Karlsson, Alfredsson and everyone who has tried to get us to the promised land are what represent my team. I am proud to be a Senators fan through thick and thin. I don't have to like Melnyk to love this team and show it.

Mr_Squeaks

Poor Impulse Control
Jul 2, 2006
Ottawa
I'm with DylanSensFan - I wear my Sens hat often, my Sens socks almost always (wife: With FLIP-FLOPS, Mike??? me: Watch me), got my Sens t-shirts on rotation (wife: But... at a funeral? me: Shut up you judgemental harpy).

Yeah, right now it feels like we're enduring human-centipede level product quality, but I think back to so many times I was extremely proud of this team. Don't even have to list them, too lazy. We were often worried that our team would spend years just being good enough to miss the playoffs AND miss the primo draft picks. Now we're eating chicken sushi out of the dumpster with no signs of a napkin. The delirium of oncoming salmonella can easily replace the excitement we used to feel for future prospects! GO SENS GOOO! (wife: You just puked on my blouse. me: And I'll do it again!!)

Reactions: branch

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Fans who really care about the team will work towards forcing an ownership change.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Sure sounds like there's another story yet to come out. Was listening to The Power Play on Siriusxm and one of them made reference to (not an exact quote but the gist) "just wait until the other story becomes public in a couple days" Pretty sure they also said it was separate story, not just new info on the same story.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sure sounds like there's another story yet to come out. Was listening to The Power Play on Siriusxm and one of them made reference to (not an exact quote but the gist) "just wait until the other story becomes public in a couple days" Pretty sure they also said it was separate story, not just new info on the same story.

But were they simply just referencing Duthie's comments?

I'm sure it'll leak quite soon if that many people know about this new story.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I wore my newest Karlsson Senators Jersey during the playoffs. Especially in the final when I wanted the Caps to beat Vegas. I guess I was thinking of my Karlsson Jersey cancelling out the Karlsson that plays for the Golden Knights. Either way, the management and owner are not representative of the crest on the front of my jersey. Karlsson, Alfredsson and everyone who has tried to get us to the promised land are what represent my team. I am proud to be a Senators fan through thick and thin. I don't have to like Melnyk to love this team and show it.

But that's the thing, the team walked all over Alfie's legacy and they are about to get rid of the franchise's best ever player for financial reasons. How can you still love a team when its owner and GM seem hellbent on making us hate it?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Way off topic, but I can't understand the appeal to sirius XM radio at the price they charge. I guess if you're in an industry where you're constantly on the road, but given I can get mp3 and podcasts to stream from my phone, I just can't come close to justifying it.

Back on topic, is it wrong that I'm actually somewhat excited to hear what the next disaster to drop will be for this team? Being a Sens fan is like having a free subscription to the national enquirer... next thing you know we'll find out this was all because of a conflict between Karlsson and Hoffman's horoscopes, and get a download on how to lose 60 pounds in 6 weeks by eating this one secret ingredient.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
...snip...
Back on topic, is it wrong that I'm actually somewhat excited to hear what the next disaster to drop will be for this team? Being a Sens fan is like having a free subscription to the national enquirer... next thing you know we'll find out this was all because of a conflict between Karlsson and Hoffman's horoscopes, and get a download on how to lose 60 pounds in 6 weeks by eating this one secret ingredient.

Me too! It's like watching a tragedy or dystopian thriller. I have the same feeling for this rumoured Sens news as I did watching the Breaking Bad episode where Walter and Jesse were at the drug lord's poolside party.

Reactions: Sensung

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Way off topic, but I can't understand the appeal to sirius XM radio at the price they charge. I guess if you're in an industry where you're constantly on the road, but given I can get mp3 and podcasts to stream from my phone, I just can't come close to justifying it.

They are actually pretty good about reducing price. I always tell them $5 is my price point, they always give it to me for that. The taxes are annoying but it's still not bad considering I get to listen to it quite a bit. Sorry - I know I was supposed to keep it on topic, just thought that might be helpful. Won't divert the convo again.

Reactions: Micklebot

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Not embarrassed, just disheartened, but I have felt that way pretty much all season.

I remember being up one night before the start of the season, just fuming over everything related to the team. What really tipped me over the edge, was when I saw TFC's Season Ticket Packaging.
How is it possible that the Senators organization is so bad at everything? Marketing, Fan engagement, in-game entertainment, social media, treatment of STH, jerseys, etc.

The only person I don't blame is PD. Has he been perfect? No. But I truly believe he has one of the hardest jobs in the NHL, and is constantly having to save face for Melnyk at the expense of making himself look like an idiot.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Salt. The secret ingredient is salt.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
To answer the top question: no I'm not at all embarrassed. I don't want to spend my money on a gong show, but the true team is its Fandom. I'll always be a sens fan, I just root for the organization to get its act together.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I mean its only hockey, so as much as i care a lot, i would never be actually embarrassed in real life, thats just silly imo.

I was happy up to and shortly after the Duchene trade. I was stoked we didnt re up Turris for that much, but it was soured with how our season crumbled and the whole draft pick situation that resulted. I still like that trade for the simple fact we dont have Turris locked up at 6x6 minimum.

This summer will be interesting and while it doesnt sound good, im still interested and excited for the next few weeks. Its all doom and gloom here and its popular to hate Dorion, which has its justification, but i still have some hope they will ice a different team next year and i dont have issues with Dorion. I think Melnyk is the main issue, and Dorion is still learning. I am confident that Stone and Duchene sign big deals this summer at minimum, and Dorion is finally talking the talk of a youth movement, we'll see how that goes. Brassard deal was a good first step imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad