OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
This has been one hell of a ride this season, in the worst way possible. Have we finally hit rock bottom?

Anyway, I haven't worn any Sens gear, from hats to jerseys to even a t-shirt, in months, out of sheer embarrassment over how this organization is managed. How about you?

Last edited:

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Ive said it before the latest round of shit and ill say it again.. if this all leads to no sale and Karlsson traded , im done.

At present in still dialed in obviously, but I'm almost to the point where I hope Karlsson walks after next year, flipping off the owners box in his final home game and leaves the org with nothing but a smoking pile of ash.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This has been one hell of a ride this season, in the worst way possible. Have we finally hit rock bottom?

Anyway, I haven't worn any Sens gear, from hats to jerseys to even a t-shirt, in months, out of sheer embarrassment over how this organization is managed. How about you?

Hmmm I haven’t thought about it too much since it’s the off-season I guess. I still wear my Sens hat out and about so I guess not. They are definitely embarrassing themselves though.

On these boards I remember getting chastised for using the word “we” when talking about the Senators. So I guess since I’m not part of the team or organization then I don’t need to be embarrassed? I wonder how the person who chastised me feels.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hard not to be. We're the joke of the league.

Best player and face of the franchise is about to be traded after refusing to sign an extension
One of our best forwards is going to be dealt for far less than he's worth because of off-ice issues
About to finish at the bottom of the standings for a second straight season, with no 1st next year.

Going to be a rough ride for awhile. Think what Oilers fans went through from 2009-2015.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
I miss the days when the embarrassment was limited to the on ice product.

Have we finally hit rock bottom?

I thought that at many points during the past few months, and I always ended up being wrong... I’m keeping my expectations low and saying there’s probably more controversy surrounding the organization still to come.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
No and I never will be.

But I am furious at the organization in control of the team. And I will fight in my own small way to change things and make it known that although I am a loyal fan I am not a loyal customer.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Nah...

I think the most embarrassing time for me was that game in WIN in November, then the trip out to California right after.

There's a lot of crap swirling around, but I can't get angry or ashamed of stuff that hasn't happened yet.

The AGM allegedly invading another man's personal space, a puck bunny allegedly being over the top (criminally) catty, nothing that "the team" could have done anything about.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No.

I wouldn't say I was ever "proud" to be a fan of the Senators either. I strongly enjoy watching and following hockey, but I don't think it's healthy to make something you can't control that kind of piece of your identity.

I'm disappointed that the team is awful, and seems to be followed by these terrible events. But I think that's way different than being embarrassed.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Fairly embarrassed.... Still love the team but man have we ever fallen apart. Karlsson will be traded, Hoffman will be traded and Mark Stone will be the next captain.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Not embarrassed but like... for instance, today I was going to wear a Sens golf shirt to work, but ended up changing my mind and wearing something else.

When all of the news surrounding the team is as bad as it's been over the past couple of months, I don't really like to invite more conversation about it among non-Sens fans than I have to. It's just draining.

It's not embarrassment, just tired of it being one bad thing after another. I'm more fatigued with how bad this org is right now than I am embarrassed by it.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Embarrassed? Nope, I still wear my Sens hat proudly wherever I go. I'm more disgusted at ownership and the organization as a whole. It is a complete joke and absolutely does not represent what any fans envisioned the Sens would be even just a few years ago. Things weren't always like this. We used to have a reliably good team year in and year out, that would make the playoffs and sell out games. But years of mismanagement of the team and its players, and an owner more interested in nickel and diming its fans/players, is exactly what brought us here.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Why would I be embarrassed for something I couldn't possibly have any responsibility in for happening?
We don't have any responsibility in what happens, but we do make the conscious decision to be a fan of and support the organization.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Id be less embarrassed to tell people I cheered for the Cleveland browns ( i dont just a different sad NFL franchise Buffalo bills ).

I am completely an utterly embarrassed with this team.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I love this city and I used to be season ticket holder, but I am seriously considering jumping ship and just following the league in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->