OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Totally embarrassed, but it's kind of funny at the same time that things have got this low. Used to be a very classy team back in the day with solid management and players. I would love to jump ship, but I've invested 25 years in this team and as much as I explore the idea of cheering for another fanbase...I just could never do it. That being said over the past 4 or 5 years I've maybe liked 40% of our roster players.

Reactions: Hutz

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not really. I'm just numb to the drama right now. It's borderline funny, really.

At the end of the day, we'll have a team on the ice next season, we have some good young talent to look forward to, and I'm very confident we'll finish higher than we did last season (it'll be really hard not to).

Reactions: stempniaksen

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i sleep well at night.

of course i want change, but we have nothing to do with the circus going on within the organization.

Reactions: Hutz

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
It’s my lowest point as a Sens fan.

Yup.

It's odd because so many good things are happening in my life (new place, gf, my dogs health is improving), and I've even dropped some bad old habits like smoking.

It's super sad to say that I wouldn't have a hard time walking away from the team for a while. It's the only major source of negativity in my life right now.

Don't get me wrong I'll always love the game of hockey. I'll be a beer leaguer until I can't lace up my own skates anymore.

But quite honestly I have more fun watching the NFL these days...its a superior product to the NHL, period. And far less random.

I won't be suprised if yet another one of my old habits/obsessions is replaced with something more stable and uplifting.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yup.

It's odd because so many good things are happening in my life (new place, gf, my dogs health is improving), and I've even dropped some bad old habits like smoking.

It's super sad to say that I wouldn't have a hard time walking away from the team for a while. It's the only major source of negativity in my life right now.

Don't get me wrong I'll always love the game of hockey. I'll be a beer leaguer until I can't lace up my own skates anymore.

But quite honestly I have more fun watching the NFL these days...its a superior product to the NHL, period. And far less random.

I won't be suprised if yet another one of my old habits/obsessions is replaced with something more stable and uplifting.

Glad to hear things are going well for you! I’m happy to hear any good news right now.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
LOOOOOOOL

Uyr6lTs.png

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not embarrassed.

But I’ve definitely lost a ton of interest in the team. All of the off ice drama combined with how bad the team is and ownership issues don’t leave a lot of hope.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’m not personally embarrased, but we are a joke of a team. Let’s just say I won’t be wearing any Sens gear in public for a while

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am not embarrased to be a fan no. These things are out of our control. Its embarrassing for all of those involved though thats for sure. But lets get serious it all starts from the top. There is no leadership in this organization. Until there is a sale and this org is gutted and rebuilt top to bottom then this will continue. The trickle down of character runs deep here. Since Bryan left us we have seen the organization disintergrate from within. Apparently lying and being two faced from ownership and management has trickled down as acceptable behavior to the very depths of the organization.

I guess the frusterating thing to me is out of all the rumors two had the most chatter from all the people i know connected to the team. One was this situation with the Hoffmans and Karlssons the second was the sale of the team. Hopefully they both come to fruition or this is a truly crule joke to us loyal sens fans.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, I'm embarrassed. Used to be that when someone asked me my favourite team, I could proudly say 'Senators.' Now, I hesitate as to whether I even want to answer, and when I do it's met with looks of pity from fans who know what's going on with the team.

As the coach from Letterkenny would say, IT'S f***ING EMBARRASSING!!!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Angry, disappointed, dumbfounded...

I really feel let down by this organization, and it has nothing to do with the on-ice product. I get it - a lot of nasty stuff happens behind the scenes of pro sports teams and the entitlement that young rich men have when they are pro athletes - but I damned well expect better from a team and organization that represents my city.

Sens will always be my #1 team...but this shit is getting hard to watch. I care deeply about this team, this city, and even the fans who support the Sens. It's hard watching such an implosion, and being powerless to fix anything.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not embarrassed, just fed up.

If Melnyk doesn't sell and EK is traded, then I'm putting my fandom on hold until Eugene is gone.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not really. I'm just numb to the drama right now. It's borderline funny, really.

At the end of the day, we'll have a team on the ice next season, we have some good young talent to look forward to, and I'm very confident we'll finish higher than we did last season (it'll be really hard not to).

I am not embarrassed because I am not responsible for what has occurred. Just sad and disappointed.

Your comment caused me to think about the old comedy team “The Three Stooges” (Moe, Curly and Larry). For this team they become Dorion, Lee and Boucher.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm not embarrassed, it sucks as a fan, but why would we be embarrassed?.

What is embarrassing is how obvious it was that the team was headed in the wrong direction, but we stayed the course and even fast forwarded the process.

All this other drama is just Murphy's Law at work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->