OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Can mods add a poll please?
480x351bb.jpg

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
The current Ottawa Senators will become a case study for bad team management. This is a great opportunity to highlight the continued failures of the Sens upper management and their inability/unwillingness to bring positive changes about. I'm optimistic that outside forces will soon step in and Uncle Euge's days are numbered.

I'm still a fan and not ashamed of it, but the management part of this team does everything but manage. Time for them to go and get another job.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The current Ottawa Senators will become a case study for bad team management. This is a great opportunity to highlight the continued failures of the Sens upper management and their inability/unwillingness to bring positive changes about. I'm optimistic that outside forces will soon step in and Uncle Euge's days are numbered.

I'm still a fan and not ashamed of it, but the management part of this team does everything but manage. Time for them to go and get another job.
Is there a way to profit off of case studies?

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
I'm not embarrassed at all. I/We didn't do anything wrong.
It's the management team that should be embarrassed.
People have been making this point with their wallets for the last year+ and I expect the trend to continue.

The only way back from this is a complete overhaul of the front office, starting with #melnykout.

But let's be positive - we saw what happened when an ownership change happened in Chicago not that long ago, and they arguably had a worse owner in place.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm not embarrassed to be a Sens fan, but I'm dejected as all hell. I didn't watch any of the playoffs this year because I've been pretty much done with this NHL season for a while. I still watched the Sens games, even when they were down and out, but I wasn't paying as much attention to those either.

I'm not even excited about the draft anymore because this team is just in a constant string of bad decisions. 4th OA pick will be a dumb one. They'll trade EK for a garbage return. Somehow forget to make a selection at 22OA, and go to sleep until the 4th round when they finally pick again, and Hoffman will be on the starting roster next October because the Sens won't find anyone to trade him to, and Eugene is too poor to bury him in the minors.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Every team has this. And going forward with social media we will see more of this.

I wouldn't look too much into this.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Bud I would normally have no problems jumping on the trash ottawa band wagon but if you think this kind of shit is isolated to just your club, you are wrong.

going forward with twitter and egos...we are going to see more and more of this.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Bud I would normally have no problems jumping on the trash ottawa band wagon but if you think this kind of **** is isolated to just your club, you are wrong.

going forward with twitter and egos...we are going to see more and more of this.
Twitter and social media has been around for a decade, it isn’t new.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Bud I would normally have no problems jumping on the trash ottawa band wagon but if you think this kind of **** is isolated to just your club, you are wrong.

I generally agree with you, but this shit is on another level from general twitter/insta shitflinging

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I generally agree with you, but this **** is on another level from general twitter/insta ****flinging

All it takes is one cray cray hotty to go off the deep end.

Since hockey players well athletes in general typically date hot chicks as the only criteria...this is/was only a matter of time.

Reactions: topshelf15

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
All it takes is one cray cray hotty to go off the deep end.

Since hockey players well athletes in general typically date hot chicks as the only criteria...this is/was only a matter of time.

Yeah but it's not even just the insta harassment that is causing the shit. It's that and everything else...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Every team has its issues. Not every team is slowly disintegrating to the ground and becoming known as one of the worst managed franchises in pro sports. Miss me with that "you're not the only ones with issues" crap.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is a pole thread now.

Magnetic pole, to be precise.
Vote results suggest it's a polish thread. Where's @PolakDave at? (@ function doesn't seem to track name changes and it loses it's humour if I use your current username...)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Vote results suggest it's a polish thread. Where's @PolakDave at? (@ function doesn't seem to track name changes and it loses it's humour if I use your current username...)

It's still early, Magnetic Pole could take Ohio and then it's a whole new ball game we're talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad